Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

RIP Doc Gonzo

I have no idea what really happened, only ACE knows what brought about their decision but I just want to say one thing...

When you have a volunteer mod force, they're gamers just like us. A large portion of this community are old SB players, and with that comes the politics that have been brought over for decades. You shouldn't have to put on your serious hat 24/7 and keep yourself from engaging in the type of community that brought you here in the first place. Gonzo was the most engaging mod between the community and acted like a liaison between us small pleblings and the greater gods (devs), and even though his methods might of seemed unconventional to most for being a mod...if there was ever anything slightly over the border he followed it up with the proper way to contact ACE.

If he lost his status because a group had a grudge against him and reported his forumfall politicking i feel like this was done in bad taste. This is going to be a thin line to walk on when the game and real forum banter starts up, and this was definitely a precedence. Regardless, I feel like we lost a great mod...and if he doesn't participate in the forums anymore...a great member of the community.

(This isn't a hate message or like I've lost complete faith in the community and/or ACE at all)

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I agree with your sentiment and your statements.

For me, Doc was a source of all things "Shadowbane"   but not just that.  His knowledge of gaming , the gaming world and it's history was astonishing.  I learned so much from him.  The very least the "fine" art of Forumfall.    He was a remarkable man, a great mod ( IMO )  and I will miss his humor, his sarcasm and his fairness.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I'm going to be honest, the main thing that worries me about this game is the soft approach the devs are taking as far as community interaction. They have this game that is supposedly going to be hardcore where you can lose your items and there is backstabbing. They even use that done GoT meets EVE. Which one of those makes people play nice in their communications? And I guarantee you, the first time someone backstabs a person in game there will be forum drama and attacks and stuff, and those people will get banned on the forums which means banned in the game. Well, that poorly made socks doesnt happen in EVE or GoT I tell ya what

Edited by eonwe

gtlLXYT.png

I think Doc is a perfect candidate for mod...

Can someone direct me to the post where this all went down?

I want to make sure my KOS list is up to date.

-R

Yours and everyone else's.   

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Must be some kind of record for this thread not being locked. when xCom got the boot, I posted a thread "there is a disturbance in the force" that mentioned nothing about him and it got locked in less than 60 seconds.

Well there's a difference between celebrating because the clown is gone, or being upset because someone the community really liked got the boot (maybe, we dunno yet) ;)

no reason to lock this here.

The funny thing is they all say 'email support@whatever.com.' As if there will ever be a real discussion with the community about the moderation and social interaction of the community via that email(which mods, note, the community stuff is the biggest part of custard sandbox PvP games, so you should let the community discuss them if its at least somewhat civil)

Edited by eonwe

gtlLXYT.png

Oh.  OK now this is a surprise.  I actually thought that Doc of the Gonzo's was one of the better mods.  Sure I didn't agree with most of what he posted as a player and often wanted to be an uber PvP l337 player so I could kill him dedyeahded when the game launched but as a mod I though he was pretty solid. 

I've even gone head to head with him when he was in his mod mode and not only was he fair but he didn't go the xcom route (though that warning I got from xcom still makes me feel all badassandstuff.  Soooo sad it expired.).

If he didn't step down of his own accord, please consider reinstating him.  He's one of the good ones.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.