Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

RIP Doc Gonzo

What does it matter if he is a mod or not, if I may ask? Just curious because a lot of people make a very big deal out of this and I still fail to see the importance of his stature. Being a member doesn't make his opinions and commentary any less relevant or fun. 

What's a 1000 minus 7? 

I will be the second but from my point of view he did have some issues with using his mod power. I'd say that at times mod power was using him. Its my intimate personal experience though. That said overall he is a great guy.

Edited by rajah

What does it matter if he is a mod or not, if I may ask? Just curious because a lot of people make a very big deal out of this and I still fail to see the importance of his stature. Being a member doesn't make his opinions and commentary any less relevant or fun. 

I think the issue for us, or at least me, is that it seems as though he was stripped of his mod status due to a thread in the SB sub-forum where he was baited and did not overstep his bounds as a mod.  He has not abused his mod power and was a very active part of our community.  Unfortunately since the change in his status he has not been back on; at least not as Doc Gonzo.  The first guy (only other that I know of) to get stripped of his Mod status (rightfully, IMO) hasn't shown back up for months.  

We do not want to lose Doc as a part of this community, and most of us feel that he was a fair Mod.  

One problem is that many people often can't see past the mistake/flaw of a person.

"you're a cheat/liar.." And they also judge them based on a group they belong to,judge them for a bad thing they've done in the past.

while they label someone,they can only see these bad" things about the person & rarely recognize the good qualities

We're human after all & If everyone was able to forgive & forget ,the world would be a nicer place

I think he was/is a very informative and funny community member. He was super active and always there to answer a question in threads he participated in. I am also of the unpopular opinion that anybody marked as a moderator should completely and totally be posting as a representative of the game at all times, regardless of being a volunteer or not, and should take that into consideration with every post. I did find some of his posts to probably be seen as negative to some random newbie to the forums that is thinking about getting into the game and community and that is not a good thing for ACE. I also never reported him for anything, first because I am not a stinky nark unless there is a hardcore breach of CoC, and second because he made it clear when he was posting as a mod and as a player. By being a mod I really don't feel he should have had that freedom though. In my mind a Mod is there to moderate and nothing else.

I definitely hope to see him back here soon and really get back into the community. He is a vital part of it. A pillar of it I would even go so far to say. I don't personally feel he should retain a moderator status though. That is my own opinion though.

Also, on a purely personal point of view, I will totally admit I absolutely hate his posting style though. The rampant ellipses and lack of capitalization drives me bonkers. 

Thank you for reopening it.  It is important to the community.  :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I am unlocking this thread for now. I have been a bit busy and was just trying to follow my little guide lines. Sorry for the confusion!

Whew

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I've only been up since 4:30 AM and trying to get myself together. Must.. not.. post until coffee.

I feel your pain! Been up since 330 and haven't finished my first cup, yet.  

Coffee is goood.

I'll say Doc was a very sweet person and it's sad to see him go. Sometimes it's important that even as a volunteer the way you come off reflects the company. So it's always important once you accept the role to try to come off as respectful. Just my two cents on the matter on a personal level and not speaking as a moderator. 

In my mind it is very clear that ART made a mistake here. Thier behaviour also tells me how ART is going to react with the future mistakes - dig in, fail to communicate, and hope it blows over.

I think reading this thread, that grew to massive size in just 24 hours, shows that community like and support Doc. Re-instate him, appologize to the community and all will be forgiven.

I'll say Doc was a very sweet person and it's sad to see him go. Sometimes it's important that even as a volunteer the way you come off reflects the company. So it's always important once you accept the role to try to come off as respectful. Just my two cents on the matter on a personal level and not speaking as a moderator. 

Personally, I just want Doc to come back to the community.   I don't care if he comes back as a mod or not.   :)

I would like to see Doc come back also.   Sans toothpick, who cares, really?    He commands more respect than most if not all ( excluding their holinesses of course ) posters here.    I am hoping someone will let him know that he is missed for so many reasons.   We need MOAR Doc posts, especially with the wait ahead of us.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"