• Melee physical DPS
    • Ranged physical DPS
    • Magical DPS
    • Tank
    • Support/Healer/CC
    • Crafter/Trader
    • Others
    • Jack of all Trades

I wish you would have put crafters in the roles question.  :)

I added Crafter and Magic dps.

Edit : moved "others" to the bottom and added "trader" next to crafter.

Edited by courant101

Almost put Support/Healer but then I had a bit of self reflection and realized I only played those roles because no-one else could; as well as I, or no-one else would.  I think many people play such roles because they think the character looks cool or fun but are incapable of losing the DPS mentality when playing them.  I prefer ranged DPS because I think it is fun and the characters look cool but I am best at Support/Heals.  I may be incapable of losing that Support mentality.  The father in me wants all my children to survive and be well equipped to take on any foe but as an individual I just want to shoot things from range.  

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

I may be incapable of losing that Support mentality.  The father in me wants all my children to survive and be well equipped to take on any foe but as an individual I just want to shoot things from range.

You need to release your inner father, you are obviously trying to compensate for the unresolved Oedipus complex by being overly protective, while the built up tension is crying to be let go in the form of ranged damage.

So by 'other' under games played are you just assuming everyone has played WoW at some point? Which, really, isn't all that bad an assumption considering it's size and longevity.

Nothing is impossible, but some things are very expensive.

So by 'other' under games played are you just assuming everyone has played WoW at some point? Which, really, isn't all that bad an assumption considering it's size and longevity.

I guess many people played WoW. I decide to not include it because I'm not interested to know the number of people who played it. I'm interested to know the information concerning the 9 first games of the poll, along with the age and gender, but when I created it I forgot about the gender question.

Had trouble choosing magic and ranged tbh, feels somewhat the same... especially in TES series, firebolts/frostbolts. Plus at that, magic can be part of melee like firetouch. Just went with magic.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Had trouble choosing magic and ranged tbh, feels somewhat the same... especially in TES series, firebolts/frostbolts. Plus at that, magic can be part of melee like firetouch. Just went with magic.

Yea, well the way I see it is magic = any magic, ranged or melee (ignite, vampire touch, etc.) while ranged DPS is related to physical damage like bows, guns, throwing knives, etc. Melee for me is physical melee damage = swords, hammer, fist, etc. If it's confusing I'll add "physical" after ranged / melee.

Yea, well the way I see it is magic = any magic, ranged or melee (ignite, vampire touch, etc.) while ranged DPS is related to physical damage like bows, guns, throwing knives, etc. Melee for me is physical melee damage = swords, hammer, fist, etc. If it's confusing I'll add "physical" after ranged / melee.

That's a great idea. It'll definitely clarify it, and I'm glad I went magic.

I used to have a Breton Vampire in Skyrim with high illusion magic(because dat vampire bonus to illusion as well.) and stealth, used a dagger for the kill. Her only dragonshout was Tiid Klo Uul. It was probably the most favorite character I ever had in a RPG game. Only problem was she was kinda lousy in direct sunlight and fighting dragons was a...very interesting challenge. I was lucky if I didn't get incinerated 80% of the time because of that inherent weakness to fire (Luckily frost dragons were cake). But I enjoyed that quirk, it was a part of her.

Love magic based characters.

Actually I still have a screenshot of her.

Edited by Lastboy

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Let me know if you think about a popular game to add or anything else to change.

I could list games I've played for hours. Won't do that.

But you could add "Jack of all Trades" to your "roles" section.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I could list games I've played for hours. Won't do that.

But you could add "Jack of all Trades" to your "roles" section.

Good idea, some people will most likely want to get a balanced character, with some defensive / offensive stats.

26-35 is clearly the leader, but I like that some old timers are hanging in there...

Just wait until you are 40+ :P

I'm surprised that 2/3 of the users who answered are 26 years old or older.

Wonder if it's representative of the entire community or only of off-topic population. :P  

Damn you should've let us seen who voted for what. I really want to find out who the kiddies are so.....  I can make fun of them of course!!!

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.