Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello Future Crowfall Friends!

My fiancé and I just recently backed Crowfall at the Bronze Level, and we’ll be joining in the festivities around Alpha Level 3.  I couldn’t be more excited to start this new gaming adventure with you all, especially after already seeing how welcoming this community has become!

As a pretty lonely girl growing up, I found myself never feeling as though I belonged.  I pretty much kept to myself.  As a result, I would often find myself at home on the weekends playing video games with my younger brother.  I would later come to realize that this would help to shape the person I am today!

Early on in my video game experience you would find me playing Age of Empires, Roller Coaster Tycoon, The Sims, Golden Eye, Final Fantasy IX, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.  I guess the first MMO I ever dabbled in was the original Guild Wars, but I truly become a fan when my fiancé introduced me to City of Heroes.  Not only did I have the most amazing time on my own with my butt-kicking hero Midnight Sapphire, but this was the game that brought us closer than ever and sparked our love of playing games together.

Since the sadness that was the closing down of City of Heroes, my fiancé and I have dabbled in games such as DC Universe Online, Final Fantasy IX: A Realm Reborn, and Wildstar to name a few.  While they each held our interest for a year or two, none could reclaim that fire that we felt with the MMO that brought us together in the first place. 

Rasabox and I have amazingly high hopes for Crowfall and we can’t wait to discover this new world. I look forward to meeting each and every one of you in game.  Until then, you can find me streaming on my Twitch channel  ->  www.twitch.tv/pumpeduppixie

- Pumped Up Pixie

Welcome PixieGaming & Rasabox! It's a great feeling to see new faces joining us each day :) Enjoy the discussions here!

I really enjoyed City of Heroes as well. I never really did anything other than make new characters with that game, and run through early levels with them, but it was so much fun!. The character creation was a blast, there was so many great options!

welcome, i hear city of heroes was a lot of fun but i could not get passed the super hero idea and skiped the game.. But never the less welcome to the game . 

I tried it for about a week.... EHHH.  Not SB.  :P

Welcome to Crowfall, Pixie & fiance'!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome (somewhat belated).  I too enjoyed CoH, though I think having a set end and restart to each campaign will avoid the repetition of CoH door missions.

What do you see in Crowfall that has you interested?  Knowing that people who liked CoH often liked it for the uniqueness of their character, what archetype are you looking at?

Welcome PixieGaming & Rasabox! It's a great feeling to see new faces joining us each day :) Enjoy the discussions here!

I really enjoyed City of Heroes as well. I never really did anything other than make new characters with that game, and run through early levels with them, but it was so much fun!. The character creation was a blast, there was so many great options!

Thanks for the welcome!  And yes, the City of Heroes character creation was unbelievable.  I still have all the screenshots I took of the characters I created, and let's just say that no one should have that many characters, lol.  Plus I loved how you could save 5 looks per character!  And City of Heroes was one of the only games that I actually enjoyed every minute of the 5 hour raids.  Something about the community how they were laid out and the community in the game made it so engaging even though it was so simple.  :-)

welcome, i hear city of heroes was a lot of fun but i could not get passed the super hero idea and skiped the game.. But never the less welcome to the game . 

Oh yeah, if you aren't a big superhero fan I would totally understand that.  I didn't think I was, and then when Rasabox brought me into that world I just fell in love!  Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome (somewhat belated).  I too enjoyed CoH, though I think having a set end and restart to each campaign will avoid the repetition of CoH door missions.

What do you see in Crowfall that has you interested?  Knowing that people who liked CoH often liked it for the uniqueness of their character, what archetype are you looking at?

Awww, thank you! I am definitely looking forward the set end and restart to each campaign for sure.  I feel like MMOs nowadays tend to get stale...I can't wait to see how Crowfall will be fighting against that "staleness" problem.  

In Crowfall I see huge potential to change the current state of gaming.  To me it sounds as if they wanted to make Age of Empires into an MMORPG!  It just feels really balanced.  And the fact that the guy who was in charge of PVP in DC Universe Online is in charge of PVP in this game!  PVP was my FAVORITE part of DCUO.

There's a couple archetypes im looking at...Druid is #1 I think so far.  Also looking at the Confessor and Assassin!  (I always like to associate myself with my characters, so I am hoping that I can put super short hair on one of those ladies!  ^_^ )