Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Total War: Warhammer

Handies

Atilla was a really strong game. So long as they've learned their lessons from that (messing with mechanics to suit the setting is a good thing), and from Rome II (QA, QA, QA!), then I'm really looking forward to this.

It's good to finally see a trailer for Total War: Warhammer. This has been a long time coming, ever since it was announced in 2012 that Sega (who own Creative Assembly) got the licence from Games Workshop to make Warhammer Fantasy titles. As a fan of the Total War franchise and Warhammer 40k I can't wait to play this game. Of course, it would also be good to finally get official confirmation of the long rumoured Dawn of War 3 at some point this year.

I completely lost my respect to CA after Rome Total War II release and the long road with endless bugs, AI, graphics and performance. They released an incomplete game and needed to be patched several times to make it stable. I've always been fan of the series, but my journey ended with RTW2 and haven't tested Attila yet. 

This Warhammer theme in the series looks interesting, but I'm not going to bother before I see some reviews.  

OVhYWi9v.jpeg

I completely lost my respect to CA after Rome Total War II release and the long road with endless bugs, AI, graphics and performance. They released an incomplete game and needed to be patched several times to make it stable. I've always been fan of the series, but my journey ended with RTW2 and haven't tested Attila yet. 

This Warhammer theme in the series looks interesting, but I'm not going to bother before I see some reviews.  

You really should give Total War: Attila a chance, it's an amazing game; with high quality production values at launch, further patches have only made the game even better. The apocalyptic atmosphere of the game, with its changing campaign map (to reflect the historically worsening climate) and the new gameplay mechanic that allows players to desolate entire territories, really captures the feel of the time period in the final years of the Roman Empire. If anything the grim and dark feel of Total War: Attila is already a good fit for Warhammer Fantasy, albeit sans all the mythical elements. So, I think that Creative Assembly will do fantastic work with Total War: Warhammer.

I lost interest in buying any of the series after Shogun II, since the following ones where mostly the same with no real improvements but more and more bugs.

If this get's better than what they did since the stagnation started, I probably will get it and ignore the setting for the good game play.

But I don't have too high hopes right now.

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

Same here, Shogun 2 disappointed me because I found it very boring. Rome 2 was a total mess technically and some gameplay decisions are dumb. But what fears me the most is the DLC politics they have on road which becomes more and more expensive and useless. Attila was not even debugged that they had already 4 DLC. And I don't even want to talk about the Blood & gore's one..... *sigh*

Aside from that, I love Warhammer battle world and I kind of like that they are adding magic, flying unit and mega-beast. I'm okay with the two expansion they announced IF there is no factions DLC.

Edit: And give us some modding tools !!

Edited by Ambrosios

I've been waiting for this game for a very long time. I really hope they don't disappoint. I've been a long time customer and purchaser of Total War games and a massive fan of both Warhammer and Warhammer 40 000 since I was 14.

If the game is bad, which I doubt; Then my faith in CA will be gone forever and I'll stop buying any of their games again. Rome 2 was so bad, I couldn't play it for two months after I bought it, gah. That almost made me lose faith, almost.

CA's DLC pratices that are enforced by Sega still upset me a great deal and in reflection of this I only buy the DLC when it's on a steam sale at a considerably reduced cost.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I've been waiting for this game for a very long time. I really hope they don't disappoint. I've been a long time customer and purchaser of Total War games and a massive fan of both Warhammer and Warhammer 40 000 since I was 14.

If the game is bad, which I doubt; Then my faith in CA will be gone forever and I'll stop buying any of their games again. Rome 2 was so bad, I couldn't play it for two months after I bought it, gah. That almost made me lose faith, almost.

CA's DLC pratices that are enforced by Sega still upset me a great deal and in reflection of this I only buy the DLC when it's on a steam sale at a considerably reduced cost.

There will be dlcs and there will be expansions. The Total Warhammer is going to be a trilogy. 

Can't wait for Sega to desperately cash grab again and force it out to mediocre polish and full of bugs.

I am still very custard sore over Rome Total War 2. I loved RTW to death and it's one of the few things I am legitimately angry at.

Would much rather see Insects: Total War

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Can't wait for Sega to desperately cash grab again and force it out to mediocre polish and full of bugs.

I am still very custard sore over Rome Total War 2. I loved RTW to death and it's one of the few things I am legitimately angry at.

Would much rather see Insects: Total War

Working with GW is hard, just loot at every developer who has.  I own both Rome 2 and Attila and Attila was a a giant step up.

I own both Rome 2 and Attila and Attila was a a giant step up.

Let's hope for the best

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

Working with GW is hard, just loot at every developer who has.  I own both Rome 2 and Attila and Attila was a a giant step up.

Oh you have no idea, over the last 24 years GW has gone though multiple CEOs, multiple staffing and the lore along with all the cannon materials and back story is all written by different authors, all whom have varying degrees of both talents and imagination. The biggest problem of it all is that not only is the cannon for the entire universe as diverse and as disorganized as the expanded universe of Star Wars, unlike Star Wars, GW's leadership slaps copyright on everything and their policy towards what is considered cannon is based on release dates, anything that might conflict with any new writings which existed before automatically gets ret-conned, even if the writer was terrible and the new material is terrible.

Talking about copyright, Game's Workshops legal team makes Nintendo look look like Blizzard.

They're also so super protective of their stuff that the only way Relic could even make their games the way they wanted was to make them non-cannon. Sheesh...

But since now Games Workshop is whoring their IP out to anyone willing to pay them royalties to use it because their greedy investors no longer bank money from the miniatures, I get the feeling the developers won't be hounded by GW to the same degree as say Relic/THQ, Mythic, the small number of developers who made Warhammer games before 2008 and SSI went through.
Also doesn't help most of their "hobby stores" are run by hardcore neck-beards who hate video games and they are often the ones who end up working at the company if they make it into a career. (I wish I was lying...)
Edited by Psyctooth
My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

• 3 weeks later...

You forgot to add, "then fix and improve the game, only to try and sell it again as another game."

I learned my lesson with Empire:TW.

I'll buy it after I know it's functioning, and they add skaven and/or lizardmen later.

Edited by thorogood

Haha. I love the Total War series -- and the Myth:TFL series before it. I'm looking forward to this.

God i loved Myth so very much. Well except the third one that was just awful.   I'm cautiously optimistic about this one although the last few Total War games haven't been great.  I hope they keep the city building and world management systems in the game.