Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snissel

Is there money/gold in Crowfall?

i haven't read anything about but I think I did read Thralls can be vendors? 

If there is money, where do I get it from and what do we spend it on? We are legendary heroes so why do we want money, so that's kind of a plot hole? Also I'm assuming that there are no civilized humanoids since the hunger is affecting them and even if they did have currency why would I want it since it might not be valuable in the next campaign?

Our focus is bringing resources we gather from campaigns to our EK, correct?

Edited by snissel

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

i heard about the chickens too, probably it is set on stone already and we all should be happy about it.

popcorn chicken would be easier than live chicken. Plus, it's already broken into pieces.

Ok, tr0lling aside, it was mentioned in a chat with the Devs during kickstarter as a joke that chickens were a form of currency. But there is no set currency as of yet.

In interviews money is a solid object that has to be transported, and isn't in the ether of like say your character's untouchables.

In this game money is made from resources like gold or other metals and value is made through some social evaluation of currency and speculation.

In general there is money in this game...but coins may not be the only form of currency.

Currency in the game is basically any resource that the community agrees on.

It literally could be a chicken-economy.

-Subject to change

Edited by Zomnivore

There have been a few comments from the devs about this.  There is no official ingame currency planned at this time - rather it's up to the players to either craft it or trade goods directly without money.

Here are a few threads talking about moneeeeeeee.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5254-what-do-you-think-of-a-consolidated-currency/?hl=ingame%20currency

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4613-currency-crafting-and-unit-of-account/?hl=ingame%20currency

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I believe I recall hints that there would be a central currency which was game time based. If a month's VIP ticket is $15, then 1 game hour is about $.02. You could even break it down farther to the game-minute for small transactions.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Last interview said there is no set in game currency and it will basically be barter economy. The goal being that no player can have access to unlimited, untouchable wealth on the character. That said there will probably be a small useful item that becomes defacto currency. My money is on soulstones so far.

However whichever materials become used in the most popular recipes for armor/weapons will also be an obvious contender.

Edited by thethain

Soulstones does seem like it would be a good contender as a currency, as there is also the potential for multiple levels of soulstones.

source: http://crowfall.com/#/faq/552d230718859c484f5af65e

5. HOW DO I CAPTURE A THRALL?

Thralls will generally be found haunting the ruins of the Campaign worlds. Ghosts have a tendency to wander the same halls and room that they did while living. To capture a Thrall, you need a soul gem. 

Soul gems are used to capture Thralls, transfer them, and bind them into crafting (and enchanting) recipes.  

6. ARE ALL SOUL GEMS THE SAME?

Probably not, but again, we’re still working on this system. Our thought is that higher value gems can store more powerful Thralls, and that the quality and size of the Gem has a direct impact on how easy it is to contain each spirit.

i heard about the chickens too, probably it is set on stone already and we all should be happy about it.

How many chickens your head is worth to somebody will perhaps be a valid question then.

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

Soulstones does seem like it would be a good contender as a currency, as there is also the potential for multiple levels of soulstones.

source: http://crowfall.com/#/faq/552d230718859c484f5af65e

5. HOW DO I CAPTURE A THRALL?

Thralls will generally be found haunting the ruins of the Campaign worlds. Ghosts have a tendency to wander the same halls and room that they did while living. To capture a Thrall, you need a soul gem. 

Soul gems are used to capture Thralls, transfer them, and bind them into crafting (and enchanting) recipes.  

6. ARE ALL SOUL GEMS THE SAME?

Probably not, but again, we’re still working on this system. Our thought is that higher value gems can store more powerful Thralls, and that the quality and size of the Gem has a direct impact on how easy it is to contain each spirit.

I like soul stones better, Devs change it to Soul Stones. Soul gems is elder scrolls

I quite like the idea of each Eternal Kingdom having it's own crafted currency. "The Fen's World Doubloon: 'I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of three chickens and a goat.'" :D

And every EK has it's own chickens to goat exchange rate lol

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

I was joking but thinking about it, it could lead to a nice bit of emergent gameplay. If say I had a Thrall in my kingdom who would sell you three chickens and one goat in exchange of one of my coins, well you'd then have a coin in your bag that's worth the value of three chickens and a goat. A working currency... in theory.

I like soul stones better, Devs change it to Soul Stones. Soul gems is elder scrolls

Soul stones is WoW, which is an even easier connection to make.