Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zomnivore

Did we get a confirmed Tera combat system?

I didn't hear it on here but I think in an interview they said they were leaning even more onto a tera-based style of combat instead of staying more true to a hybrid of tera, and w/e that scifi mmo's name is.

Devs did say that Wildstar movement wasn't working out well in their early tests. Whether that means we get a direct Tera copy or a just a pivot to a different hybrid direction, we won't know until we play it.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Devs did say that Wildstar movement wasn't working out well in their early tests. Whether that means we get a direct Tera copy or a just a pivot to a different hybrid direction, we won't know until we play it.

Yes, and to add to this I believe with all the influences the developers have from different games they've created or worked on, we can expect a nice blend of what they loved from different games with strong resemblance to TERA elements.

We can debate it all we like on the forums, but I guess the bottom line is that we can only pray to the gaming Gods that they don't fudge this up.

This is why open alpha is so useful. They can adjust it early and as often as necessary instead of having to commit to one approach and hope it works out. That has to be balanced with sticking to their vision instead of design by committee but they seem to be willing to say "No" so I'm pretty optimistic about that.

CopperStall

Besides double-jump, what is fundamental different with Wildstar verse TERA movement (the actual move, not the dance-dance revolution tells)?

TERA is free and Wildstar playable with a trial. You can try both and get your own conclusions. ;)

y9tj8G5.png

TERA is free and Wildstar playable with a trial. You can try both and get your own conclusions. ;)

While true, I think an advocate of the two systems would provide better discussion points, especially from veteran content.

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

Besides double-jump, what is fundamental different with Wildstar verse TERA movement (the actual move, not the dance-dance revolution tells)?

We need to summon TeoH to this thread.