Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

True Confessions of a....

benwp

Former Shadowbane Developer  

(well, since this is about truth, I was a QA guy, QA Manager, and then QA/IT Manager for SB, so is that a "developer"? Beats me.)

- I met my wife-to-be in an insane asylum.

--- she's named after a donut shop in Chicago where her mother once lived.  I caught her by bringing her a donut every day.

- I lived in Europe for a couple of years.

-  Don't let them fool you; Boy Scouts were formed because the British needed scouts for their army, and too many died because they couldn't live off the land, track, hide, etc.  I was a Eagle Scout as a boy and later a Recon Scout in a war.

- Visited or lived in 13 countries

- Worked in the game industry for 10 or 11 years.

- Work in IT, but my degree is in Marketing, where I never worked a day in my life (yuk) 

- Got into IT by sheer accident, but been an IT guy/manager professionally for 16 years

- Favorite adult beverage: tequila

- Absolutely loved Shadowbane.  I put in tons of unpaid time doing things on Test.

Anyone want to tell about themselves?

xZ2ResZ.png?1

I was in the Army for several years.

I currently live off disability I get from the VA for a back injury incurred.

In the past year alone I have lived in Alabama, Kansas, North Carolina, and Mississippi.

Ive been to four continents.

I watch M.A.S.H obsessively.

I name my son Jean-Luc after Jean-Luc Picard.

I also won Shadowbane.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

i remember killing tons of CN on my templar "hanky" in benstown on test :) good times

shadowbane pretty much ruined my first relationship ( good thing she was a bit*h )

Edited by dajjal

Shadowbane effectively setup my high school years for failure.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

Former Shadowbane Developer  

(well, since this is about truth, I was a QA guy, QA Manager, and then QA/IT Manager for SB, so is that a "developer"? Beats me.)

- I met my wife-to-be in an insane asylum.

--- she's named after a donut shop in Chicago where her mother once lived.  I caught her by bringing her a donut every day.

- I lived in Europe for a couple of years.

-  Don't let them fool you; Boy Scouts were formed because the British needed scouts for their army, and too many died because they couldn't live off the land, track, hide, etc.  I was a Eagle Scout as a boy and later a Recon Scout in a war.

- Visited or lived in 13 countries

- Worked in the game industry for 10 or 11 years.

- Work in IT, but my degree is in Marketing, where I never worked a day in my life (yuk) 

- Got into IT by sheer accident, but been an IT guy/manager professionally for 16 years

- Favorite adult beverage: tequila

- Absolutely loved Shadowbane.  I put in tons of unpaid time doing things on Test.

Anyone want to tell about themselves?

That's pretty interesting stuff, Ben!

Hmm. I met my fiancé working for him at Circuit City. We're getting married in Austin in 2 months.

I have a 2yr old little girl named Elizabeth. She is a Halloween baby.

I also lived in Europe for a few years as a little kid. My dad was in the ARMY, but we didn't move around a whole lot.

I'm a 911 dispatcher/Paramedic for a private ambulance service that services counties in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

I'm not a huge drinker, but my favorite is Malibu and pineapple juice.

I also absolutely loved playing shadowbane. The people I met made it an experience that nothing has compared to. I'm hoping that my favorite people from test will at least all end up on the same server in Crowfall. :)

The name Mal resounds heavily in my memory, although I do not know where I've encountered you, I know for certain we've exchanged words years ago, but for the life of me can't remember where. 

Also Shadow Mal comes to mind, did you play on Treachery or Test? 

Edited by aperion

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

Must've been Test then, I enjoyed myself there for quite awhile after Treachery went down.  I just saw your name, and it clicked in the back of my head that I knew you, almost from a past life lol.   I was good friends with Takakko Shimitzu if you remember him.

Hope to see you around in Crowfall, may we reforge old friendships!  def_hap.gif

Edited by aperion

Must've been Test then, I enjoyed myself there for quite awhile after Treachery went down. I just saw your name, and it clicked in the back of my head that I knew you, almost from a past life lol. I was good friends with Takakko Shimitzu if you remember him.

Hope to see you around in Crowfall, may we reforge old friendships! def_hap.gif

Was Aperion your SB name?

And yes, Hide played on test.

Edit: Moved this to a PM, cause I don't wanna derail Ben's thread.

Edited by mal

Make that read, "...where all the BEST players..."

I have to agree Ben!  

I also remember Takako lol.  His guild name was something with Coven in it I think?  He was...different, but actually a pretty nice guy.

cmurder%20sig_zpsaq2rwphh.jpg

He also ran as Desdemona, he helped me out quite a lot back then.

Hope he pops up here eventually.

I'm also secretly in love with Proto, except for when he calls me a brat.

What are you buttering me up for? I already gave you my undivided attention, and more, this afternoon!

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili