Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Love, Hate Relationship

Deadman

I have noticed with this game more than others before that there are only three type of people concerning the Fae Assassin:

1. Love - These people love her, love rogue classes, etc.
  2. Hate - People hate her either because they hate rogue classes or because specifically they hate that the Fae is THE rogue class at the moment.
  3. Fae Who? - This is for people kind of like me who don't even pay attention to rogue classes because they are so far away from our normal play styles for one reason or another.

Hell, the only reason I even wandered over here is because I've noticed this in other topics. LETS FIND OUT WHY!  :D

Deadman; FIGHTER OF THE LIFE MAN, ooooAAAAH AHHHHH! CHAMPION OF THE... Oh. That's not how it goes...

http://www.twitch.tv/alt_delete - Alt Delete Gaming: Lose Ctrl.

I would argue that Ranger/Duelist will have 'rogue' sub classes.. but we don't know their subs yet.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

As a lurking worm, i have to say i don't see THAT hate against "rogues" here. The cry against stealth users will really begin when we have playable content and brain dead people starts to come to mourn in forums instead of learn how to deal with a ambush.

The bash against the fae comes more from the gender lock thing, the infanticide thing, etc... Personally, i prefer her salty just like that.

Edited by hilkmkz

With only poison in my veins!

cm5oDMm.png

I think this class will be fairly far away from our typical rogue/stalker (wow/wildstar) type. Where the stalker and ranger might take there place and they will have something new for this class but than again we have tons of disciplines and one of them might be something typical. We´ll see later this summer? I guees?

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

they hate that the Fae is THE rogue class at the moment.

Except for the other rogue class that isn't Fae.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

• 3 weeks later...

I love things with the fantasy of the assassin, though very often they're not done very well. I feel like an assassin should work along side other characters if absolutely needed (a final offensive in a large scale battle for example) but they should not be particularly good at it. Rather, I love the idea of working alone and using my skills and mind to find solutions to problems outside of enter combat, kill or die. 

Stalker in W* is a good example of what they should not be. Stealth > Analyze Weakness > Impale > Stealth > Impale > Tactical Retreat > Impale > Stagger > Tether Mine > Phlebotomize > Pounce Away > Stealth > Pounce Back > Analyze Weakness > Impale. If you hit these buttons in this order, then 100% of the time you'd kill any non-tank enemy combatant in PvP. And I understand fully why people hated it. For the stalker, it was an annoying bloat of casts in something like a 10 second time period and if you messed up a single one there is a very fair chance that you didn't kill your target, instead you'd have to disengage and let natural healing take over. For the opponent there was no counter play, you couldn't reduce the damage with CDs before you were opened on because stealth, if you popped something big in between the first two casts the stalker could just not re-engage until they had all their CDs back up and your defensive would still be down. You're too phelbotomized to heal up before he came around and opened on you again. The only counterplay was to be a tank in which case the stalker would just never engage in the fight in the first place. I did not have fun playing stalker like this, there was no being clever for me. It was burst and kill or don't and disengage. 

I'm hoping assassin is done well, and becomes the kind of character that you either outsmart and counter, or lose with a grin on your face and think "That clever sob".