Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
steppenwolf

Male druid WIP

the cruise is great

sadly i am a workaholic so any time away from clients is both relaxing and stressful all at the same time

anyway...

male druid final sketch

its a little contrived atm, i will try to push some more emotion into the colour

working on the cc2 is great but for colour i suspect i will miss my 42" screen  

druid_150411709.jpg

the cruise is great

sadly i am a workaholic so any time away from clients is both relaxing and stressful all at the same time

anyway...

male druid final sketch

its a little contrived atm, i will try to push some more emotion into the colour

working on the cc2 is great but for colour i suspect i will miss my 42" screen  

I dunno, maybe I'm spoiled on your winter ranger XD, but it does seem kind of 'Ho hum, conjuring a bear', He's very still and stoic. If you gave his hair that 'magic lift' or put something in motion (maybe some waving grains, or a reliquary) in his off hand it'd add that missing kiss of motion? Blah, I need sleep >.< Rambling, sorry. Can't wait to see what you do with the color!

Edited by Anotherneko

@anotherneko

That's it

A lack of ...IT

I went through 10 or so scribbles before settling on this one

Some of the others were very dynamic but looked wrong for the druid I had in mind

I have to put some extra effort into the color to lift this one

It may be one for the bin

But mehhh its all for fun

Just need to give him enough sex appeal to make male druid an appealing choice... Especially as its my personal class of choice

May do another after tho one, with more action to it

P.s I was thinking more of a bear spirit than an actual bear

It's actually really interesting to see this stage, super rough but I can see what you are doing.

In terms of lacking "it", maybe you need to show what the bear is roaring at? Like a hunger-fied wolf (would be an interesting dynamic of corruption against spirituality)? Might add that dose of action this needs.

Edited by M0rdred

Another amazing piece of Art.  I love watching the progression.

If a Druid is one who is deeply in tune with nature, would his pants be made from Leather (animal hide) or another material; perhaps cloth?  Maybe you are already thinking along those lines, Steppenwolf, but it looks like leather pants and leather straps around his waist.  Regardless of the philosophical side of Druids, your art is amazing and I really appreciate you sharing it with us.

Hope you're enjoying that cruise :)  What am i saying?  Of course you are!

LW_sig_concept3_zps7zqmgbno.jpg

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/  The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.

Another amazing piece of Art.  I love watching the progression.

If a Druid is one who is deeply in tune with nature, would his pants be made from Leather (animal hide) or another material; perhaps cloth?  Maybe you are already thinking along those lines, Steppenwolf, but it looks like leather pants and leather straps around his waist.  Regardless of the philosophical side of Druids, your art is amazing and I really appreciate you sharing it with us.

Hope you're enjoying that cruise :)  What am i saying?  Of course you are!

A true druid who is deeply in tune with nature would absolutely wear leather, as a sign of respect for the kill he made to get it to clothe himself with.

-Snip-

Ok early rough to kick this one off

Would not want you guys to think they start out polished

I love this! It reminds me of Brother Bear. Very nice work.

Edited by psych

^ ( ;,,; ) ^