Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dont know what is wrong with the board today but i have been logged out many times.  I come on, read a few posts then see that I am logged out. Or read a post, decide to reply and get told I have to log in to post.  

I had the same problem, using Chrome. I deleted my cookies for crowfall.com and it hasn't happened since. YMMV

How do I do that instead of just clearing all my browser history (which I don't want to do lol)?

How do I do that instead of just clearing all my browser history (which I don't want to do lol)?

If you're using Firefox, go to Options > Privacy > Show Cookies. Do a search for Crowfall and remove the ones from crowfall.com. If you're using another browser you're pretty much on your own, but the process should be similar. You'll have to log in again.

If you're using Firefox, go to Options > Privacy > Show Cookies. Do a search for Crowfall and remove the ones from crowfall.com. If you're using another browser you're pretty much on your own, but the process should be similar. You'll have to log in again.

Thanks, I use Chrome but the process was the same. Unfortunately it didn't work. :(

To get a bit more specific - I close my browser, go to sleep, wake up, fire up my browser, hit my Crowfall forums link.

I am showing as logged in when the forum page loads.  Any page I access after that first page shows me as logged out.  I can see notifications, but trying to click the notification icons on the top right doesn't work, it just sits there trying to load them (I'm already logged out).  From what I can tell, I'm 'logging out' or whatever is happening after loading the forum main page for the first time each session.

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...

Alternate case, but possibly related:  when I go to the main site to log out then come immediately to the forums, it shows me as still logged in and displays any new notifications.  

The session fully clears when I click on any link from that point.  When clicking the My Profile link it loads as if I am not logged in correctly (good).

I tested it by logging in and then logging out immediately without visiting the forums.  

It showed me as logged in on the forums and then the session fully cleared when I clicked on any link.  This behavior did not repeat the second time I tried it immediately after.    

Er, what's "edging"?

something is wrong with sessions and cookies, unless they are reducing lifetime to a few minutes.

It makes it worse that I have to go to the mobile-unfriendly home page to log back in.

something is wrong with sessions and cookies, unless they are reducing lifetime to a few minutes.

It makes it worse that I have to go to the mobile-unfriendly home page to log back in.

What I would really like to see is the log in on the homepage redone. It's really annoying to have this pop up window because aside from being unfriendly to mobile, it prevents my browser from saving my password. It would be really nice if I didn't have to retype it every time I came back here.

To get a bit more specific - I close my browser, go to sleep, wake up, fire up my browser, hit my Crowfall forums link.

I am showing as logged in when the forum page loads.  Any page I access after that first page shows me as logged out.  I can see notifications, but trying to click the notification icons on the top right doesn't work, it just sits there trying to load them (I'm already logged out).  From what I can tell, I'm 'logging out' or whatever is happening after loading the forum main page for the first time each session.

what they said.

Yeah, I had this issue recur for me after all, even after clearing cookies. I was only in the clear for a couple of hours.

I'm thinking it's either a bug, or it has something to do with website updates invalidating cookies and/or session. Just a hunch; I know they have been pushing those out with greater frequency lately.

just an Eldreth

Eldreth poked me about this so I poked the Web guys and they said, "We are looking into it, but none of us can reproduce the behavior. Having said that, we have a change going out to the forums this afternoon after we do a bit more testing on it that hopefully will correct the issue for players."

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Is this only a Chrome issue? I know I'm using Chrome as are a few other posters. It may be that other browsers work fine.

I'm using chrome and haven't been logged out.