Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From the web wizards: "All those people who were previously having problems with “log out” bugs should be fixed now as long as they go to the crowfall.com website to login and then access the forum. (They can’t login directly through the forums.)"

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I'm not having a log in problem with my laptop Chrome, but I have a recurring problem on my mobile Chrome. Clearing the browser data only works sometimes. Also, the problem seems to be increasing in frequency, from once a month to once every couple of weeks. 

Anyone know of a more permanent fix? Is it maybe an AdBlocker issue, or a problem with another Chrome app?

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

From the web wizards: "All those people who were previously having problems with “log out” bugs should be fixed now as long as they go to the crowfall.com website to login and then access the forum. (They can’t login directly through the forums.)"

Newly found sorcery unfortunantly does not fix the old curse.

Good morning!

I too am facing the evil 'log out' monster. Every time I navigate away from Crowfall and return I am prompted to log in again. I have been logging in to the Crowfall.com website as per the suggestions from the forum-fixers to no avail.

I'm running Firefox version 38.0.1 with Adblockplus and AVG addons.

Below is what the web team is doing to address these problems (both on desktop and mobile).  Steps 1 and 2 are being worked on today, 3 is being researched but probably won't be worked on today.  You can no longer login from the forums, even if it throws that option up (it shouldn't we're working on that too), and that is by design, all logins must come from crowfall.com which then passes that info the forums, as crowfall.com is where your master account info lives.

• step 1 is to revisit cookie creation and make sure that it is set to expire after time instead of session (session is when the browser closes it disappears, or you switch away from the browser on some mobile devices)
  • step 2 is to take a look at the SSO integration to make sure that we are doing what we can to keep cookies active / alive
  • step 3 is to see if we can modify the forum to automatically redirect to the login page when in a logged out state and then use the automatic redirect functionality on the site to take you back to community

Web wizards have deployed the fixes and, according to their tests, it's functioning correctly now. Please let us know if you're still having logout issues. 

Please join this thread on the same topic so we can keep tabs on the issue more efficiently. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community