Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Titles

Fragar

I feel that the addition of various titles given for completing certain tasks in worlds would work greatly with the game's concept of dying worlds. Such as getting a title that is available through a random world that way everyone can get awesome tags that go along their name. Ex: if your name is "Tyrion" and you stumble upon a title for completing some sort of milestone you would then get a title such as "The Destroyer" so you would be known as "Tyrion the Destroyer" (Not asking for super complicated titles or such. I just thought the idea would be cool to bring up.)

I think titles could be fun and interesting. As Alyriel said, Titles for your guild winning a campaign would be nice. But to add to that, perhaps using titles relevant to the campaign ruleset or name. Maybe even adding titles for participating. For example, you play through the entirety of a perma-death campaign (if they ever host one of these), the "Survivor" tag could be given, even if your guild hadn't won.

Additionally I imagine titles could be available for reaching certain levels in skills. Throwing out some arbitrary numbers and skills, let's say a skill caps at 100. Giving a player a "Master Craftsmen" title for reaching 100 in crafting, would be a nice touch. Although I'm bad with names, so perhaps that isn't the best example.

Just some suggestions, not really sure if these would really be applicable anyways.

Titles are a good way to tell who in the guild is a big deal at a glance. I'd also like to see guild awarded medals, like in EVE. "Fought in the battle of <campaign>", "Amazing strategist", "Guild leader's girlfriend", things like that.

"Righteous Emperor Infynis" I like the sound of that. Although, I doubt custom titles will be available. It is likely that the EK titles will appear with the player's name, although maybe not durning campaigns. "Archeduke Infynis" sounds pretty good too.

What I really want to see is custom guild level titles that show in a player's profile, or above their head, or whatever this game does. IRL, armies show their soldier's ranks on their uniforms, so this might be a good way to simulate that.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Titles are already confirmed to a degree, Amber+ gets you titles such as Knight/Lady.

That's an EK title, which is based off of the amount of land you own. Technically, they didn't even have to list that in the rewards, because all the tax-free parcels that Amber receives are what give the title. They probably listed it to make the package more appealing.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

What you're asking for is achievement-based titles, already suggested here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/6037-achivements-into-titles/

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Titles are a good way to tell who in the guild is a big deal at a glance. I'd also like to see guild awarded medals, like in EVE. "Fought in the battle of <campaign>", "Amazing strategist", "Guild leader's girlfriend", things like that.

Rofl. Guild Leader's Girlfriend would be amazing.

What you're asking for is achievement-based titles, already suggested here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/6037-achivements-into-titles/

I see the post but what it doesnt clearly state is the entire idea of it, more of they gave a good example of how you would go obtaining a title but didnt really broaden the idea of it. It turned into more of a debate whether it is a good idea or not. As for this post i wanted to generalize the idea of having the implementation of titles and how it might work with the game's concept, which is what most of these other comments are doing.  :)