Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caenth

Caldera

They aren't the same at all, but I'm just letting you know what came to my head first.

2zSM2Uo.png
Co-Host of Crowns and Crows Livestream: Every Tuesday 8:30pm EST
Follow me on Twitter: @jdodge80

My apologies then. I might have overreacted a bit.

I used no template at all and worked hard to build the site from scratch with the Webflow web builder. Like I said before, I used Scree's site as an inspiration (because it looks very nice!), but did not copy or used any template.

I would hardly call using the Webflow web builder, "From scratch". I'm not saying that you didn't put some time and effort into designing it, and you have my respect for making your own logo, but you hardly whipped out a text editor and wrote the HTML and CSS from scratch. You certainly didn't write the back-end code that adjusts the HTML and CSS depending on which browser/device is currently visiting the site. Neither did you set up the server it runs on, purchase a static IP address from an ISP, purchase a domain name, nor register that domain name along with the IP address of said server with a DNS server. Okay, you *might* have had to do one or both of those last two things, as the domain name of your site doesn't appear to be a sub-domain owned by Webflow, but the rest stands.

Edited by Raizex

Old boy here is getting more grief than possible guild recruits.

Well maybe it's as they say, bad Publicity is still publicity... maybe you can turn it around for the good right? Consult 7B for up to date advice on the matter.

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

At least he put in the time to put the site together. A website and logo doesn't stand for the guild alone. It's leader has the heart to contain each member and the vision is just, I will always fully support that guild. There is limitation to a guild website. I mean there are so many people using shivtr, guild launch, and enjin. I like it when people have the ambition to create their own guild and are willing to take the responsibility for it.

Also, Canth, you might want to start a new forum thread since the entire first page of thread discussion is kind of just discussion.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Thank you all for your kind words. You make everybody feel so welcome in this community.

Just try to remember the name Caldera while we loot your corpse on the battlefield!

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I just wanted to comment that one of my new recruits pointed out, and because it made me laugh a little outloud, that Caldera's are related scientifically to Obsidian.

A caldera is a cauldron-like volcanic feature usually formed by the collapse of land following a volcanic eruption.

Obsidian is a hard, dark, glasslike volcanic rock formed by the rapid solidification of lava without crystallization.

On top of the site similarities (which I really don't mind because as people pointed out its not the site that makes that guild), the guild name itself seems to have been a derivative of Obsidian.

Edited by scree

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

I just wanted to comment that one of my new recruits pointed out, and because it made me laugh a little outloud, that Caldera's are related scientifically to Obsidian.

A caldera is a cauldron-like volcanic feature usually formed by the collapse of land following a volcanic eruption.

Obsidian is a hard, dark, glasslike volcanic rock formed by the rapid solidification of lava without crystallization.

On top of the site similarities (which I really don't mind because as people pointed out its not the site that makes that guild), the guild name itself seems to have been a derivative of Obsidian.

That is hilarious and incredible funny, but I did not even consider that when I picked the name Caldera. I decided on the name even before I saw your website.

ZCcquVD.png

Hey guys, I do appreciate the feedback (good or bad). But please let this thread stand for its original purpose: a recruitment thread.

It can be very hard to create innovative and original designs in this day of age. I did take inspiration from Obsidian since I do find it interesting to see what you’re all up to. I also looked at various theme sites (http://rhythm.bestlooker.pro/mp-index.html). Some even say that imitation is the highest form of flattery and I gave credit where it was due. My hope was that it’d be received as a compliment.

If there’s any further interest in discussing website design, tools and originality we can take this to another thread. I’d like to keep this one relevant to recruitment and interest in Caldera.

My focus at this point is to encourage community and positive relationships for what I feel is going to be a terrific game we’ll all be playing for years to come. Yes, even competitive relationships! I feel that you can have highly competitive relationships and still maintain a classy, healthy manner.

Thank you.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

Hey guys, I do appreciate the feedback (good or bad). But please let this thread stand for its original purpose: a recruitment thread.

It can be very hard to create innovative and original designs in this day of age. I did take inspiration from Obsidian since I do find it interesting to see what you’re all up to. I also looked at various theme sites (http://rhythm.bestlooker.pro/mp-index.html). Some even say that imitation is the highest form of flattery and I gave credit where it was due. My hope was that it’d be received as a compliment.

If there’s any further interest in discussing website design, tools and originality we can take this to another thread. I’d like to keep this one relevant to recruitment and interest in Caldera.

My focus at this point is to encourage community and positive relationships for what I feel is going to be a terrific game we’ll all be playing for years to come. Yes, even competitive relationships! I feel that you can have highly competitive relationships and still maintain a classy, healthy manner.

Thank you.

My point wasn't to try to humiliate you, merely to remind you that if we see far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants. And with that, I'll shut up now. Happy Hunting! :)

This thread has been inactive for a while. Closing by OP's request so he can start a fresh recruiting thread for his guild.  

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community