Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

alts as party members?

prob not gunna happen but i will mention it anyways.

would be neat to have the option to "hire" your alt characters as party members instead of inviting "strangers" to help you out.

why? some people get bored with controlling a single character. and having "partial control over your own alts as party members (think of DDO gold seal hirelings , they're smart , they use abilities your toon has. and you have some control telling them where to go etc... with formations and all that jazz also being an option. adding the aspect of different combinations of groups having "unique" advantage/disadvantage as others ( and well making the massive a bit more massive down the road.)

no they won't cast same time as you(like multi boxing does)
no they won't get stuck in walls ( but they could be hilarious and joke around with you if you decide to get them to do something stupid..)

might not make it. people might not like it. but as a future option  i am hoping one day a game will do this . for this type of MMO.

and critics fire away! :)

"people are stupid , given the proper motivation can be made to believe any lie; either because they want to believe it is true or because they fear it is true" - wizard's first rule

I've been thinking about how to give purpose to alts.

I think its really cool that they can passively train stuff ,but also believe they could somehow take it a step further than that.

Like sending them on a mission.

About them being in the same party,have no strong opinion about it.

Maybe people here will say it reduces incentive to play with other people.

but it might be cool too if you could bring all of them to a guild meeting at once.

Where they are tested one by one with friends.
Also it gives characters a stronger sense of existence..cause they are not *poof* gone from the surface as long as you're on another character.

might not make it. people might not like it. but as a future option  i am hoping one day a game will do this . for this type of MMO.

Pretty sure Guild Wars did this with Mercenary Heroes. Was pretty cool roaming around with your alts.

Want to also add that Heroes were pretty micromanagement intensive, although they were self sufficient for the most part, having to control positioning, specific spell casting and watching their energy in addition to managing your own character could get pretty overwhelming.

Mind you, Guild Wars was designed with player grouping and I believe Heroes and Mercenaries were added quite a bit later to allow solo play.

Edited by Groovin

231e101d88.jpg

Yea gw1 had that..and also in your eternal kingdom I think it would be nice if you could manage where your character(s) live exactly

Some of your characters could live together in the same building,while other alts could have their own dwelling or little private spot within your EK

Brazilian-guinea-pig-looking-out-from-bu

I guess they are planning to give each alt a seperate instance?or each alt logs in in the same eternal kingdom without particular spot assigned?

When alts would all share the same eternal kingdom I think it would be way more interesting.

Since you get a sense of their  presence even when they are not logged in.
Maybe you could find your alts resting within their eternal kingdom spot.

Edited by Tipsy

Since you get a sense of their  presence even when they are not logged in.

Maybe you could find your alts resting within their eternal kingdom spot.

I also remember reading a while ago a game called Age of Wushu had a thing where when you log out your character remains in the world doing his own thing. This could be wandering around or doing jobs or whatever. I never played it so I don't have any experience with it, but it sounds cool. I believe you could also be kidnapped, which added risk to logging out in the middle of nowhere.

231e101d88.jpg

The OP has it spot on great idea, but wont make it in game. I like the idea also of seeing your Alts in ur EK that's sounds cool and with there characteristics you could have then do some kinda of NPC interaction or even that's how you select your characters in your EK "once you made them ofc"

Hey just Shout Bremmen and he will, Rise and Destroy the people you wish decimated :o

Everything that does not need a time consuming KI to develop and does not impact the core PVP model may be a thought worth.

Such as EK Sellers in your store, so it will actually may look like a shop with a shopkeeper ^^ adding a little more flavor.

But I don't think this will be anything they put on their to do list in the near future.

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

Using alts as NPC henchman is an idea I really like (In general, though not for all campaign types in CF) and have suggested in another title. I really liked in Guild Wars Nightfall how you could build hero NPCs that used the same skills as players and even could set some behaviors on how they used those abilities and such.

I think having a campaign mode that allows you to hire henchman from a selection that includes your alts could be really freaking cool. Just not really the highest thing on my priorities list.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

This is fine as long as the henchmen are limited to the non-PVP parts of the map.

In PVP areas, your combat power should be based on the abilities of the character you're playing.

Also, the whole map is a PVP area.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Balancing a PvP game with one controlled player is extremely difficult.  Balancing it with an unlimited combination of alts for every player used as companions... Nightmare.

Aside from balance I hate the idea on computing resources alone.  I want to crush other people in this game, not their companions / pets.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

I believe a good start is half the job when it comes to balance.

We saw mmo's release that left the trinity behind(great?)..now each class can fullfil any role.(think I somewhere compared it with cars with different painjobs,same build a while back)

Basically this means all the classes in essence would be the same,just with different flavor & particle effects

Because there are no particular roles assigned to them it is a pain to keep them balanced(because that means making them even more alike) and diverse at the same time.

Not saying trinity is so fantastic either.

But the good thing about that is that classs are very different at the core.

Instead of the trinity they could assign these differences according to unit categories,like in RTS games.

That said,i'm not sure if I want alts to actively follow the player(maybe in some special ruleset campaign)

The way I saw it,alts would be send on a mission where players aren't actively participating.

Each faction gets to see a list with local problems,obstacles & missions are attached to those.

alts that succeed on a mission can ,for example,reduce a zombie infestation from spreading,reducing the amount of zombies that spawn.

(so while you play your characters the alts can "work" behind the scenes)

The % of unit category effective for the mission participating, will influence the success/fail ratio.

What would be gained from such missions? What can be lost if you lose a mission?

should campaign reward and mission rewards be unrelated?

Edited by Tipsy

No. Just no. This is not a PvE game. There shouldn't be more AI in combat than necessary (pet AI). And if you just mean out of combat, my question is why? Just for the visual aesthetic? In that case, not going to happen because budget, limited resources, no need to develop fluff for PvP-oriented game, etc. etc. etc.

I think this would be interesting. Definitely only for specific rulesets and probably as a long term goal when/if the budget allows.

I do want to see my alts in the EK though. Maybe be able to make them follow you in the EK? Just because it would look cool  :P

Don't think this is really a question of pve/pvp,but a sense of presence & being for the characters you invest time in.

If the alt would be able to follow in campaigns I believe their AI shouldn't be too great either..Maybe pet Ai would do 

In the end group play with different players has to be the most rewarding.

Edited by Tipsy

It sounds cool in some aspects, but aren't Thralls going to basically do the NPC aspect of vendoring in the EK as part of that proposed solution?

Alts changed from something that meant alternative, as in a one off for a different time and guilty pleasure to Football Manager style grouping. It's just so strange to see how that has changed along the years. Call me old-fashioned.

I mean your idea does sound cool, but for another type of design. Definitely feels in the vein that it'd do well in single player RPGs, and Guild Wars 1 was a good example of solo play being viable.

People easily forget that Guild Wars 1 isn't actually an MMO, but a CO-RPG. (Cooperative Online)

I had a friend last year who never touched the game, solo it all the way through but that was his preference. He got stuck on some parts, and I told him "why don't you ask people for help?" and he was adamant on not getting it. But it worked because Guild Wars 1 doesn't rely on interdependency and is highly instance based.. . and he had mercenaries/heroes to help him through it all.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg