Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Stretch Goal ACHIEVED

Will the graphics programmer be doing day/night and weather? :)

They specifically mentioned light, so I'm hoping that's a factor. Realism with light and weather is a HUGE immersion factor for me and I'm assuming other people. I actually haven't pledged yet because I'm just not sure what level to pledge at. I somehow totally missed this Kickstarter, which is terrible. But at least I now have time to decide :)

Question:

Why the next goal have 7 flags and 6 languages?

brazil and portugal speak the same language :)

It's probably just a marketing thing, because Brazil has a big gaming community and appealing to them by displaying their flag is pretty easy :)

That's super awesome and you guys absolutely deserve it!! It's amazing to see ArtCraft growing so much the last few months, keep up the news and the good work! You guys rock.

t70C8a9.png     "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."  - Albert Einstein

brazil and portugal speak the same language :)

It's probably just a marketing thing, because Brazil has a big gaming community and appealing to them by displaying their flag is pretty easy :)

It`s not the same, its undestundable but not the same.

mael4.jpg

Last week, veteran web developer Seth Scoville joined us, and he has already hit the ground running!  His first major update launched yesterday: backer-level forum badges!

And those badges look pretty good too! I like folks that can work quickly and efficiently. Welcome Seth!

is it just myself from -middle east UAE -> "Dubai" pledged for crowfall, I feel so unique  right now... just saying! ~shiny badge *Rubs it slowly*

I should spread the message around.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Question:

Why the next goal have 7 flags and 6 languages?

Portuguese from Portugal is not the same as Portuguese from Brasil...

We will be more Brazil-focused for sure.  Spanish is also quite different around the world, but we hope to get a translation that will make it as accessible as possible to many Spanish-speaking countries.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

It's like saying I don't speak german.

Just because it's a dialect, doesn't mean it's a different language :)

Englihs US and English UK are the same too, but each one have your own ways to speak, same as Portugues PT and Portuguese BR.

It's had much more differences than a dialect. I take example inside of my country, people on the extreme south speak in a way, people in the north speak in another different way, same cases almost not undestundable :P Now a county to another is much much worse :)

mael4.jpg

Englihs US and English UK are the same too, but each one have your own ways to speak, same as Portugues PT and Portuguese BR.

It's had much more differences than a dialect. I take example inside of my country, people on the extreme south speak in a way, people in the north speak in another different way, same cases almost not undestundable :P Now a county to another is much much worse :)

Yet it's still english, aka the same language. That's all I'm saying ;)

You don't have to tell me about dialects. I'm from Lower Bavaria... northern germans wont understand me at all.

Yet it's still english, aka the same language. That's all I'm saying ;)

You don't have to tell me about dialects. I'm from Lower Bavaria... northern germans wont understand me at all.

I spent two weeks in Hambürg then tried asking for a Zahnstocher in Berlin and they looked at me funny. I know they are both northern but even a two hour train ride gets you different dialects.

Hg0LXwa.png

We will be more Brazil-focused for sure.  Spanish is also quite different around the world, but we hope to get a translation that will make it as accessible as possible to many Spanish-speaking countries.

I will be not playing in portuguese BR, always playing in english and probably always will, just saying to not mess things up. :P

But just saying people here get offended when someone say there will be a portuguese br translation and it really is a portuguese pt one. Happens in the past and people get mad haha :)

Edited by 20kilo

mael4.jpg

Congrats ACE

Looking forward to seeing more information about bane circles.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I will be not playing in portuguese BR, always playing in english and probably always will, just saying to not mess things up. :P

But just saying people here get offended when someone say there will be a portuguese br translation and it really is a portuguese pt one. Happens in the past and people get mad haha :)

There's no reason for people to be offended. Most languages are in the same situation. UK English and US English are different in a lot of ways, and both countries have numerous regional differences as well not only in terms used, but accents as well. But we still all get the same MMO translations and it's ok. We all understand each other and the game fine, and it's unrealistic to expect a company to translate into specific dialects. I believe aside from Portuguese, German, and English, the French language of course has quite a lot of variety depending on where you live in the world as well. It's just the nature of the world we live in. :) I think we should just be grateful that ACE has decide to go as far as they are in translating into so many different languages, because not only are they a small company, but they're going beyond what most massive companies even do as far as localizing. So thank you ACE for the efforts. :)

Edited by Leiloni.

Ok, now I'm looking for our European (and Russian, Brazilian) Crows to spread the word about Crowfall!   :)

Perhaps someone could start by translating some of the promo vids? Could you prepare the vids with the spoken portion removed so they can dub in their equivalent language with the same music/effects? If you provided a link in the international portion of the forums and/or through Pann then they could get a big jump forward on spreading the word by having semi-official promo material.

Don't know if that's practical but worth bringing up.

CopperStall

We will play this game, PT/BR or PT/PT.

"People" get mad? Sure..for everything.

PT/BR and PT/PT arent the same, but i know Europe, and i know i can speak and they will understand. 

Usually i watch "5 para a meia noite" and can understand ''all''. 

Even with the accent.