Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Stretch Goal ACHIEVED

There's no reason for people to be offended. Most languages are in the same situation. UK English and US English are different in a lot of ways, and both countries have numerous regional differences as well not only in terms used, but accents as well. But we still all get the same MMO translations and it's ok. We all understand each other and the game fine, and it's unrealistic to expect a company to translate into specific dialects. I believe aside from Portuguese, German, and English, the French language of course has quite a lot of variety depending on where you live in the world as well. It's just the nature of the world we live in. :) I think we should just be grateful that ACE has decide to go as far as they are in translating into so many different languages, because not only are they a small company, but they're going beyond what most massive companies even do as far as localizing. So thank you ACE for the efforts. :)

I got your point, and like i said, not trying to fight with anyone, but if a game have a US flag on it, it is done with american costumes and ways to speak that is for the north america only, people from UK and AU play it and undestund it all with no problem.

My point here was that not put a BR flag and put a game in PT-PT, just like i saw in other games before. that why.

Edited by 20kilo

mael4.jpg

God I wish I could watch these short videos, but they are always released when I'm in school!  If only I had earphones.  I guess I'll learn what the stretch goals are about once I get back home.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

congrats guys.. i have only known about this game for about a week now but since that ive been on these forums every day just to get some info into this game. this is a game i have been waiting for someone to make for a long time and it makes me happy to know i donated to help make this game real. with every paycheck i will be giving more til i get to long in and make my centaur ;)

God I wish I could watch these short videos, but they are always released when I'm in school!  If only I had earphones.  I guess I'll learn what the stretch goals are about once I get back home.

Yea I'm at work and while I do have my iPhone earphones with me, I'm scared to plug them into the computer because what if they pop out and the whole office hears Todd telling us about this cool new game I'm reading about instead of along side working?

This is awesome fantastic.  Congrats guys, hopefully the next goal would be met making the game easier to get into and play for people who don't know English.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Nice you got us euro's back covered! I'm extremely hyped for the next stretch goal though. 

The shadow band is the one I was looking forward to the most, so that's nice. 

What's a 1000 minus 7? 

Hopefully they get the store up and running soon so we can start contributing towards the new stretch goals.  2.1 million is quite a bit.

It`s not the same, its undestundable but not the same.

It's the same. Understandable is spanish to portuguese speakers. Same language is being able to understand perfectly brazilian novelas at the age of 4 because my aunt Helena wanted to watch them.

Source: I'm portuguese.

I'm guessing you're brazilian. Embrace the portuguese heritage in you, we have nobel prizes.

PS- But yes, if you want to appease all portuguese speakers, you make the game in PT portuguese. Portuguese has at least 42 different recognized dialects (wikipedia), yet each one of them is able to understand the mother language.

Edited by Benaerth

Ok, now I'm looking for our European (and Russian, Brazilian) Crows to spread the word about Crowfall!   :)

That's what we do :D 

I'm pretty sure we will see the next "stretch goal achieved news" within the next few weeks. 

Keep on being awesome and super transparent. :) 

Banner-250x50.png

German Community Fansitehttp://www.crowfall-community.de/ - News | Forum | Patchnotes | Guild Hosting | Guides | Database