Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mal

2.1 million stretch goal

it's freaking HOT! I wonder how that would work? You hop into a campaign in which there's a bunch of cities that get baned, and only when there's one city left does someone win? This has potential for huge siege fights. It depends on siege mechanics to be similar, but I could see some of the battles already. WM banes some people, rubs it in all over the forums, by the end a carebear zerg forms to take out WM, a few stick by WM, but like half the SB community hates them, too, but maybe they don't want to be part of the zerg so they abstain or just go to another campaign or just camp the embargo, or something.

Maybe that's the politics of any campaign. But my hype train got going again.

disabling mechanic? I'm lazy and I don't want to google it. Do tell

disabling mechanic? I'm lazy and I don't want to google it. Do tell

You could damage buildings in Darkfall anytime. But only to the point where you disable them, that was iirc ~20%. But you can't detsroy them, that was only possible during the active siege.

Like water buckets in SB, there were repair shards that had to be farmed and crafted and then applied to the buildings to make them functional again. A building at 21% HP was fully functional again. Repairing was also way way faster than destroying.

To fully disable a city in DF, you needed a lot of people and a lot of time. It wasn't like you showed up and 15 minutes later the city was leveled.

This allowed the attackers to disable defense towers, houses (disabling houses lowered the bind capacity of the holding), banks and so on.

I personally really liked the mechanic, as it allowed for a lot more fights than just the big showdown when the siege went live.

Edited by freeze

At this point its going to be hard to decide between Dregs and this....

Well, jTodd told us, that the dregs is what the SB community will want to play on.

My guess is we'll see the banecircle system there as well :)

Edited by freeze

that disabling mechanic sounds great. We don't have an idea of what buildings will be necessary or even offered in campaigns yet, so maybe it's just walls, towers, and a gatehouse? No idea as of yet, but that disabling mechanic would've been sweet in SB. More griefing, sure, but like you said, it's really a matter of 1%.

might've been that you had to bring them back up to 30% or whatever to make them functional again...

that was 4-5 years ago, I can't really remember ;)

but you get the principle

Edited by freeze

Yeah, I was excited when I read it for sure, but 300k is a lot of though. The traffic is not great until the 'new' updated combat effects and overall improved graphics start to hit youtube & twitch to generate 'new' players.

I think we might be able to hit it after an alpha phase or two, though!

Well, jTodd told us, that the dregs is what the SB community will want to play on.

My guess is we'll see the banecircle system there as well :)

Hmm, I missed him saying that, but that's cool.  I'm guessing the Shadow ruleset might be the SB style "lore server"?

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Hmm, I missed him saying that, but that's cool.  I'm guessing the Shadow ruleset might be the SB style "lore server"?

there ya go buddy:

No, the Dregs is the ruleset you guys are going to want.  I picked the Dregs first because we might not have made ANY stretch goals, and I wanted to make sure you guys were covered on the core experience.  

Once it was apparent we were going to be able to do more, I went back to 3 faction, because I was trying to test the edge cases of the design.

Then we picked 12 faction, because it supports the narrative.

Honestly, it was a gut call on which one should be done and in which order.  I think this is the right approach.

Todd

ACE