Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Meh

seventhbeacon

That moment when your love for a vicious mammal - and early campaigning for its inclusion as an archetype in Crowfall - is ruined because you just realized it's now the poster child for vicious misogynistic hate a vitriol.

Thank you, Honey Badger Brigade, for ruining a noble animal with your b.s.

3ef6f4dbbddbce22d045450ba3c8f1.jpg

Link or explanation? I don't take part in this kind of debate, but I will totally admit that I tend to enjoy reading comments and discussion since both sides tend to break down into a miserable train wreck of name calling that is fun to watch.

What's this all about, if I'd be so bold and so foolish as to dare to even ask?  That's if I really wanted to know ... not sure if I do ...

-edit-

Never mind ... just looked it up, seems harmless enough, just the typical vitriol of protesting on the internet, though I admit unlike most garbage I see around, it has an air of quality to it, as opposed to the typical nonsensical bat crazy rhetoric you see spouted from gullible and uneducated sorts.

The internet is the internet, no need getting upset, just ignore it if you don't like it.
Edited by Psyctooth
My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Get on my ratio 7B

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Gamergate is a highly polarizing topic for conversation. I'm one of those people who falls on the side of the victimized feminists, but rather than go for the easy flame war, here's a perspective on where things get out of control on both sides from a dude who tries to walk the thin line of sanity on it:

Angry Joe on GG: https://youtu.be/UwTjHXiN4qw?t=31m44s  NSFW language.

I'm one of those people who falls on the side of the victimized feminists

71-oh-lawdy.jpg

LOL, of course you do.

I haven't even had my morning coffee yet. Let's get the real topic started.

I'm self diagnosed with PTSD, depression, and autism-spectrum disorder.

Non binary, trigendered, proud feminist reporting.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

But yes, attaching oneself to a movement as toxic as that, that was born out of someone's personal dirty laundry drama and had nothing to do with journalism ethics, is pretty pointless.

My thought is, just be for ethics in general. Like Joe says, you don't need a hashtag to stand for something.

20130407.gif

I can't even begin to describe how accurate that is ... that and how Demolition Man surface world is a metaphor for Tumblr/SJW/WhiteKnighting verse the underworld 4chan/somethingaweful/freedom of<insert>.  I am not kidding man, the internet really is like that.  And this picture is a pretty accurate description of how they play out.

I simply enjoy doing this.

10904358006_cea67b7efd_o.gif

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

But yes, attaching oneself to a movement as toxic as that, that was born out of someone's personal dirty laundry drama and had nothing to do with journalism ethics, is pretty pointless.

My thought is, just be for ethics in general. Like Joe says, you don't need a hashtag to stand for something.

Don't back peddle now, OP.

OP, pls...OP pls respond

oh man, so many thoughts. i'll share some. just to get rid of them... :P

- uhm, wtf is this thread about? i must have missed something. lets take a deeper look.

- thanks for the link seventhbeacon.

-- lol. hey, is this man (angry joe) a former preacher? because that is what many europeans imagine as a typical american preacher.

-- rofl. no. no, one moment, has THIS guy been the template for gerard butler in "the ugly truth"?! brahahaha, he's great.

-- christmasgate? brahaha. too good. oh, wait, is this and gamersgate an allusion to watergate? knew i missed some connection to something.

-- ok, that should be enough...

i think i got it, that this thread has something to do with some twitter-hashtag-thingy called gamersgate. a pseudo-ethic-movement. and some really wierd people there. right?

if not:

- never met a badger. too sad. hm. but who cares? at least not the badger. :unsure:

Edited by Dr. Kraahk