Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iridian ShadowWeaver

Will Forum Posting Ever Be Limited?

I don't mean reading the forums. I'm more interested to know if the ability to post will be limited to those of us who have paid for the game? If so, sooner or later?

Thanks!

Iridian

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Personally I hope not. As someone who intends to make a pledge in the near future, but wants to contribute to the discussions anyway, limiting forum access just seems like a bad idea. I've learned more about the game and the community through these forums than through the webpage even though I read through everything they had to offer.

I've never seen a forum that's limited before. If CF wants to do this, I think they are destroying the opportunity for future customers because like Lycurgus said, a lot of people look through the FAQs and forums for topics that can assure them of certain aspects of the gameplay before they make a pledge because players want to know where their moneys are going.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

We'll need to have some kind of early testing sub forum, even though there is no nda just to make sure it stays focused. That's really the only kind of limited access whatever I could think of

There's really no reason for people to who aren't in pre-alpha to be able to post into a thread reporting pre-alpha bugs but since there is no nda at least we'll be able to read the neat things they are finding.

Edited by oberon

I asked about posting to the forums NOT reading them. I don't see how giving paying members the additional perk is limiting access to those who might wish to pay for the game later. Those potential players can still read the forums. 

I play at least 2 games in which forum posting is limited to paying members. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

I asked about posting to the forums NOT reading them. I don't see how giving paying members the additional perk is limiting access to those who might wish to pay for the game later. Those potential players can still read the forums. 

I play at least 2 games in which forum posting is limited to paying members. 

In that case only an ACE member can tell you this information. I see it as not likely since that will add unnecessary quarrels between ACE and players and also it cuts a lot on the construction of forum community and also the reputation of Crowfall.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I think ACE is going full transparency and equity for the players, and I would be really surprised that an idea like this cross the mind of the developers for the next 5 years.  :P And as oberon said, maybe have a section to report bugs where non-testers aren't allowed to post new threads and/or messages in it.

I can see maybe after game launch limiting posting to forums for non-payers to General Chat, News and Announcements and Report a Bug. Not that I completely agree with your idea. But oberon is right, I can really just see a testing forum for those in that current phase of alpha really.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I cant really see any positive reason to limit availability on community interaction.

Personally, its always nice to be able to ask some questions on a forum before buying in case you have some worries or queries.

The game is community centric, limiting interaction to only people that pay would be a scummy move.

Segregating certain parts of the community is always a bad idea.

I'm personally not even a big fan of the badges because of the "elitism" that comes with it.

Yet you choose to display one.

I'd like to see a Backers subforum but not the whole forums.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Yet you choose to display one.

I'd like to see a Backers subforum but not the whole forums.

Rekt by the guy who can't just live with showing his elitist backer status once, but twice through his sig.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Honestly, overly entitled paying members (I think of a certain twitch streamer and his harem) can post just as much crap as the uncommitted new kid on the block, and I see no sensible reason to limit access to future converts to the Crowfall cause.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I see zero benefit for ACE or the community in limiting forum accessability; whereas it would certainly have a negative impact on people who were just finding out about the game now and wanted to join in the community before deciding to back or not.

Rekt by the guy who can't just live with showing his elitist backer status once, but twice through his sig.

1126.gif

Well it's not like we can take them off, afaik.

I do agree on a separate forum for alpha testing and the like, not for segregation but for clarity and responsiveness. A forum for backers on the other hand...

Although I'm not sure why you would want to address this question on a forum instead of PM'ing them. People would nitpick it to death until ACE comes by and gives you an idea. Maybe just so they can make a public statement? I'm dissecting this already aren't I? Wow. Help.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I'm hoping the different stages of Alpha & Beta have separate forums that can be read by all but only those participating can comment.

Those not participating could always post about what they are seeing/reading in the more general forums, but cuts down on a lot of 2nd hand opinions without 1st hand experience or context.

Assuming Alpha/Beta are to provide ACE feedback, those that aren't actually testing shouldn't have the same voice as those that are. Not so say everyone doesn't have a right to voice their opinion, but there is a huge difference between seeing/reading about something and actually putting hands on.

Can't wait to read "Minos are so OP, I saw a stream of so and so doing such and such, nerf them!"

Edited by allein

I don't really like the idea that people are limited to a certain amount of posts. Because what if someone has an idea, but can't post their idea because they didn't pay?

although, if posting is to be limited, I would suggest limiting the amount of posts per hour, to prevent possible spambots from spamming the forums

Seems like most here got the wrong idea. I'm assuming OP is talking about only certain parts of the forum being limited(reading for all but posting only for member accounts that have bought the game). Darkfall was set up like that and it makes sense in the way to have it like so, what with politics and stuff. Otherwise I forsee problems with no accountability for posters spreading misinformation or other stuff.

Member of The BlackHand Order