Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iridian ShadowWeaver

Will Forum Posting Ever Be Limited?

Hey, don't be a jerk headlight...

LOL, that name

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

And here I thought you meant if you have more than 2k posts it just kicks you to force you to experience sunlight and life.

That's why I always post from the beach...

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I don't mean reading the forums. I'm more interested to know if the ability to post will be limited to those of us who have paid for the game? If so, sooner or later?

Thanks!

Iridian

no, OP

because thats a terrible idea

Yet you choose to display one.

I'd like to see a Backers subforum but not the whole forums.

lol take your badge out of your sig dude wtf

gtlLXYT.png

I don't really like the idea that people are limited to a certain amount of posts. Because what if someone has an idea, but can't post their idea because they didn't pay?

although, if posting is to be limited, I would suggest limiting the amount of posts per hour, to prevent possible spambots from spamming the forums

The limit on the number of posts per day only applies to users with a small number of posts. After you post more that restriction will come off.

I think ACE added that to keep spam under control. We've had spam bot attacks as you suggested.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

The limit on the number of posts per day only applies to users with a small number of posts. After you post more that restriction will come off.

I think ACE added that to keep spam under control. We've had spam bot attacks as you suggested.

I thought it was a time restriction, when I joined I had to wait 24 hours in order to create more forum topics and only had a limited amount of responses until the time was over. I believe it's a mechanism to combat spam bots.

I only think posting should be restricted once the game is launched and there is plenty of media content all over the internet to where a person that doesn't own the game can always determine whether the game is worth buying without posting or interacting personally on the forums. 

During development it's all case-by-case where the pros may outweigh the cons or they may not.  I believe in crowfall's case the pros would not outweigh the cons for any sort of segregation.

People start thinking their opinions matter more because they've posted more, followed the game longer, backed the game.  None of that makes someone qualified to understand what is good or bad for the game's development. 

With the propagation of the idea of holding people accountable for their out-of-game conduct on official community channels (aka forum ban = game ban) Crowfall needs to have ways to keep people from creating accounts to circumvent this. Keeping forum accounts without a linked game account from posting makes sense, thus.

I suspect we'll see something like that around launch - if at all.

People already think their opinions matter more because they've posted more, followed the game longer, backed the game, played _____ game.  None of that makes someone qualified to understand what is good or bad for the game's development. 

Fixed that for you.

While I agree when it comes to those points as they have little to nothing to do with the actual game or its development, those actively on the field testing should have a louder and easier to hear voice than those that are watching from the nose bleed section getting their info from the jumbo tron or binoculars.

Regardless if someone has 5k posts or 1 when testing begins, if both are in game testing and providing constructive feedback, they should be heard by ACE instead of random gamer 9293 that is waiting for Beta 6 to get their hands on, but have opinions about the size of rocks and centaur tail length and why XYZ suck or should be added. They should have place as well, but not the main source of feedback during particular testing phases.

Big difference between someone saying "that looks good/bad" vs "this is good/bad". I'd hope the General and Suggestion forums remain, but hopefully they start adding and locking down individual forums to keep out the noise.

Edited by allein

Fixed that for you.

While I agree when it comes to those points as they have little to nothing to do with the actual game or its development, those actively on the field testing should have a louder and easier to hear voice than those that are watching from the nose bleed section getting their info from the jumbo tron or binoculars.

Regardless if someone has 5k posts or 1 when testing begins, if both are in game testing and providing constructive feedback, they should be heard by ACE instead of random gamer 9293 that is waiting for Beta 6 to get their hands on, but have opinions about the size of rocks and centaur tail length and why XYZ suck or should be added. They should have place as well, but not the main source of feedback during particular testing phases.

Big difference between someone saying "that looks good/bad" vs "this is good/bad". I'd hope the General and Suggestion forums remain, but hopefully they start adding and locking down individual forums to keep out the noise.

Well as I mentioned in my post sometimes the pros outweigh the cons and sometimes they do not.  If early phase testers were determined from tester applications I would say that their input from playing the game rather than observing it would more than likely be more valuable, however in a game where people buy their access level I find that this is not likely to be the case. 

I can see ACE going either way on this... I just feel that within the context of crowfall, how its testers are determined, and what kind of issues may arise from certain types of segregation, it may not be worth the hassle. 

Well as I mentioned in my post sometimes the pros outweigh the cons and sometimes they do not.  If early phase testers were determined from tester applications I would say that their input from playing the game rather than observing it would more than likely be more valuable, however in a game where people buy their access level I find that this is not likely to be the case. 

I can see ACE going either way on this... I just feel that within the context of crowfall, how its testers are determined, and what kind of issues may arise from certain types of segregation, it may not be worth the hassle.

Lets see that backer badge, Michelle.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I vote the forums stay publically accessible, maybe an alpha and beta forums that are limited posting to people currently participating though.

I would be hugely surprised if forums get limited in any way. ACE so far has been really good at selling SB/SWG/etc community as their product, and I don't see them stopping this anytime soon. Presently they have no game, and until they have something else to sell I don't see this changing.

As for me - no game, no money and no matter what they promise they won't see a broken nickel out of me until they have something to show.

Ironically, unlike all the people that already paid, people like me are their target audience.

Edited by Sinij