Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Final Fantasy 14

Zakila

The WoW Killer has finally arrived. Discuss.

Seriously though, this game has everything I never knew I wanted from a PvE MMO. More types of instances than just dungeons and raids, FFXIV has Guildhests (short instances on the world map that are basically group and dungeon tutorials) and Trials (dungeons that are just a single big boss fight). The endgame content is good and varied; casual 24-man raids and hardcore 8-man raids. Crafting can be more than the automated busywork from other MMOs (though you can still set it to automate when you don't care about quality) and there are crafting quests and requisition NPCs that will take the items you've crafted for extra exp and gold or tokens, so you're not just vendoring unwanted items crafted in bulk.

The story is also really good, yes this MMO has an actual story worth paying attention to rather than skipping like every other MMO and it's got me hyped for the expansion.

I loved FFXIV, probably the only game other then WoW thats worth a sub right now. it has a charm that no other MMO has given...

Its soundtrack and graphics are beyond amazing!

most of the time, the community is very friendly too

that said, its real easy to burn out, especially at endgame. I made it to Titan Extreme (cant beat it though) before I just got tired of the jump-rope mechanics, and the constant dungeons running for gear.

Also, they messed up housing pretty bad, which was something I was looking forward to for a while.

MMOs I've Played:

WoW (up to LichKing) - GW2 - FFXIV (Beta) - ESO (Beta)  - Wildstar - 

I loved FFXIV, probably the only game other then WoW thats worth a sub right now. it has a charm that no other MMO has given...

Its soundtrack and graphics are beyond amazing!

most of the time, the community is very friendly too

that said, its real easy to burn out, especially at endgame. I made it to Titan Extreme (cant beat it though) before I just got tired of the jump-rope mechanics, and the constant dungeons running for gear.

Also, they messed up housing pretty bad, which was something I was looking forward to for a while.

I hate how seeds and outdoor decorations are basically worthless because few people own their own house.

Auction house prices tanked across the board on Excalibur, except for the Materia IVs I was selling things on the auction house in order to buy.

Only a few alexandrite left on my weapon GOT IT! Feels good man.

Now to farm Shiva and T4 when they go bright.

Edited by Zakila

I'm a pretty regular player on FFXIV and I do enjoy the game, but I personally feel that there is a lack of content once you get to end game.  I consider myself a midcore player and would like more choices (other than Primals) that fall between current casual content and coil to fill the time (and I don't mean stuff like Gold Saucer stuff either lol).  I guess my thoughts on this is directly influenced by the many years I devoted into FFXI (before they raised the level cap from 75) which had so much variety and was fun to boot.  I guess I'll be spending my time on finishing my relic for now, helping new/returning players, trying to get through all the turns (stuck on T9 now) since it's the only end game content I haven't done, and leveling an alt lol.

Most of the people I know are not getting on anymore and are waiting for the expansion to roll out so I can understand why some of you are holding off until then.

EDIT: If any of you are on Leviathan, send me a message. I'm more than happy to help you out if you need it! :)

Edited by Lelani

• 1 month later...

I've been casually playing for two years now.  Finally talked my wife into playing with me!  The past two weekends have been a blast and it's been so busy in game!  Awesome to see so many people playing, even if it's only because of Heavensward.

71431_original.jpg