Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koregen

Will we be able to run 2 copies of crowfall on 1 pc?

Will there be some sort of an ip block in place? Is this something that will be discouraged? Is it simply going to be a matter of not enough PC horsepower?

Where do the dev's stand on this?

They might as well just allow it because multiboxing is going to happen regardless. Would just be wasted CS/GM man hours snooping people out.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

They might as well just allow it because multiboxing is going to happen regardless. Would just be wasted CS/GM man hours snooping people out.

I disagree with this reasoning.   Every ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!   

Imperfect mitigation strategies have a very real, very valuable effect in the real world.  For example, people lock their doors even though they have glass windows.  A thief can easily break a window, so why bother locking the door?  But it turns out that locked doors are a significant deterrent for crime in practice.

I disagree with this reasoning.   Every ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!   

Imperfect mitigation strategies have a very real, very valuable effect in the real world.  For example, people lock their doors even though they have glass windows.  A thief can easily break a window, so why bother locking the door?  But it turns out that locked doors are a significant deterrent for crime in practice.

Don't matter. Still gonna multibox.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I disagree with this reasoning. Every ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

Imperfect mitigation strategies have a very real, very valuable effect in the real world. For example, people lock their doors even though they have glass windows. A thief can easily break a window, so why bother locking the door? But it turns out that locked doors are a significant deterrent for crime in practice.

Yes, the more prevention systems and deterrents in place, the better. I have faith they'll manage to deter all but the most stubborn of multiboxers and make it a huge hassle for them.

Member of The BlackHand Order

Despite that, I'm sure Crowfall will do their best to prevent that. Unlike players, developers have the responsibilities to do that so they would do it anyways. But I agree with headlight, it's going to happen anyways.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

You don't go to jail for multiboxing.

Will there be some sort of an ip block in place? Is this something that will be discouraged? Is it simply going to be a matter of not enough PC horsepower?

Where do the dev's stand on this?

One copy per PC, so "No" to the Op title.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Really surprised no multiboxing is dropped on the forum like that, figured that would have been a dev answer later in development cycle.

Really surprised no multiboxing is dropped on the forum like that, figured that would have been a dev answer later in development cycle.

The faster they know what they want, the better

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

post-36921-brad-Pitt-dancing-gif-Imgur-H

Best thing I've heard all day.

Much rather have blunt and honest answers instead of skirting and then admitting like a year later in where people have been building and building expectations.

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Gordon Walton just btfo multiboxers. Now an extremely small percentage of them will do it.

I feel sorry for that guy who bought 12 accounts and was dead set on multiboxing and stirred up the general discussion forums for like 2 weeks with his conceitedness. Nah, not really L O L~ Get got.

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Gordon Walton just btfo multiboxers. Now an extremely small percentage of them will do it.

I feel sorry for that guy who bought 12 accounts and was dead set on multiboxing and stirred up the general discussion forums for like 2 weeks with his conceitedness. Nah, not really L O L~ Get got.

He could still Multi-Box though. You just need multiple pc's. Thus, Prepared (a notorious 40-man multiboxer) whom in his video has 8 pc's. Could do 8 man multiboxing.

And he's not rich or anything. That's just his hobby.  This is why if you don't do IP control on multiboxing it won't matter. Those players who want to do it, will.

Edited by Dacias