Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koregen

Will we be able to run 2 copies of crowfall on 1 pc?

I'll just leave this here in case anyone fails to see why having two logged characters on different locations in the reach of an alt-tab would be beneficial.

https://youtu.be/IolWGu7xFlw?t=91

Multi-account = new meta.

Not sure anyone is saying there isn't some benefit. Just that with this type of PvP game its just not going to be such a great and overwhelming advantage its being made out to be. There really isn't any safe zones or at least there shouldn't be so sure go leave an alt idling somewhere, but don't be surprised when you tab over and see it dead and looted.

So you want to have one account logged in crafting somewhere and another count logged in somewhere an PVPing? Ok I guess. Who cares.

Why are there a thousand pages on this? It's the same thing as having a ton of alts. If someone wants to spend the money and time to do that, more power to them. That's not unbalanced at all. Every game allows that.

I only care if someone is using scripts and other third part software to control multiple characters at once.

Exactly, I see nothing wrong if I pay for 3 accounts and have them all logged in at once.  I bought the accounts.  I don't not agree with software doing the same action on all three at once. ESPECIALLY when it is combat.

So you want to have one account logged in crafting somewhere and another count logged in somewhere an PVPing? Ok I guess. Who cares.

Why are there a thousand pages on this? It's the same thing as having a ton of alts. If someone wants to spend the money and time to do that, more power to them. That's not unbalanced at all. Every game allows that.

I only care if someone is using scripts and other third part software to control multiple characters at once.

Every game but Crowfall. Currently you're only allowed one character per account in any campaign. Even if you have 3 to 6 character slots on your account you can only use ONE of those characters in a specific campaign. Which means that you are forced to only play one type of character per campaign for the full duration of said campaign.. unless of course.. you buy multiple accounts.... You see where the issue is here? Only those with money will be able to change to a different character to adapt to a conflict.

Not even just that.. if you get bored and want to play a caster instead of a melee class you have no other choice but to make a new character on a DIFFERENT campaign without the support or company of your guildmates and friends.. You can't use your second or third character to join your main campaign under the current rules.. so if you really wana keep playing on that same campaign you will be forced to buy a second account.. and additional accounts per extra class/character you want to bring into a campaign. Most people won't be able to afford this so only those who can afford to purchase multiple accounts will gain this benefit. The restrictions create a cost barrier that will drive away players.

Basically here are the points:

Multi-Boxing will happen; however under the current rules that restrict players to only being able to use one character per account per campaign the only players who will be able to do this are those who can afford to purchase multiple accounts. I argue that essentially the restriction creates an unintended "pay to win" issue.

Recently the devs also stated that players will also be restricted to one client per computer, which also brings a similar problem into the mix. Multi-Client'ing will happen, the only difference is people who own multiple machines or who know how to setup virtual ones will be the only ones who will be able to do this, again creating a cost/knowledge barrier for those who can't afford/create multiple machines.

Aside from the above mentioned problems, the restrictions create an incentive for guilds to become zergs to insure that they have enough diversity/class makeup in their rosters in order to be able to have enough of every class to compete on the battle field.

Whereas if you allow players to play multiple characters per campaign and/or to multibox, it will allow smaller guilds to be able to compete with anything on the battle field while still keeping a small tight-knit group of skilled players.

In-addition to the above benefit, players who enjoy crafting can create a specialized crafter while not compromising the stats of their specialized PvP character. Giving everyone the ability to use their 3 character slots in the same campaign will give players more of a reason to stick around on a campaign and also allow them to have more fun on said campaigns since they can switch from a crafter, a melee class and a caster/ranged class. It gives people the ability to explore a little bit of everything without having to play each character on separate campaigns.. currently the only people who can do that are people with multiple-accounts.

Essentially there are three topics here, Multi-Account holders, Multi-Clienting-per-Machine and Multi-Characters-per-Account-per-Campaign. They are all related to eachother and affect eachother.

1. If multiple characters per account are allowed in the same campaigns it will reduce the pay-to-win advantage of owning multiple accounts (since anyone can multi-box/character on a campaign without having to buy a second account).

2. If more people feel comfortable only owning a single account because they can play multiple characters per campaign per account (instead of being forced to buy multiple accounts to do so) they will be more likely to buy VIP membership.

For ACE there is a financial benefit to allowing multiple characters per account per campaign. Of course people who multibox will also gain a benefit to this, but now EVERYONE will have the ability to use multiple characters instead of only those who can afford multiple accounts.

I strongly believe that if everything stays as it is people will eventually become disenfranchised by the fact that they will be forced to buy multiple accounts in order to be able to play different classes/characters in their "main campaign" where all their friends are.

There are a number of other pros and cons, please let me know if you'd like to talk about this more in-depth.

Also don't forget about spies and:

I'll just leave this here in case anyone fails to see why having two logged characters on different locations in the reach of an alt-tab would be beneficial.

https://youtu.be/IolWGu7xFlw?t=91

Multi-account = new meta.

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I never said that being a top guild will "require" multiboxing. I said that the top guilds WILL CONSIST MOSTLY of players that multi-box.

That statement alone justifies it.  You're basically stating that the top guilds will consist mostly of multiboxing players.... so, if you want to be a top guild, most of your members need to be multiboxing.  According to you, top HC guilds would have a mantra of:

Multibox or GTFO!

There's a lot that can be said about a focused player compared to one that is divided/distracted/etc...

Anyway, personally I don't care if players multibox or not, and if they're in my guild, they're required to focus on the character in ops and ignore the rest.  For example, if they're in a scout group and their crafter is under attack, their risk and loss.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

That's not unbalanced at all. Every game allows that.

1. Passive training (no active effort to exp a char, as far as we know active training is not needed);

2. One character limit per campaign;

3. Classes with precise roles.

There's no MMO comparable to Crowfall on this regard.

y9tj8G5.png

People will do alot of be the best, including spending a couple bucks on hardware.

Imagine a guild where everyone has an alt account in the same campaign. They can go out in the map and attack other castles while still having a fully protected castle themselves with just a quick relog or a change in keyboard input.

*buys second account*

All the hardware in the world will never be as valuable as natural skill.

Logistics can trump skill.

any top tier guild worth poorly made socks will be multiboxing. there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this will be a fact. Having the ability to adapt to a combat situation by having multi-boxed characters ready to go or have 2 or more attack waves ready to hit a target will distinguish the "great" guilds from the "scrub / zerg" guilds.

Remember inposing this restriction will make it so guilds need to "zerg to win". Like Todd said in one of his recent videos not all classes will be "equal" and you need to play with other classes that compliment your class.. otherwise "you're a bad player" - this means that guilds will need to become zergs in order to diversify their class make up and be able to compete with smaller more elite guilds that multi-box multiple classes.

The 1 character per campaign per account rule and the one client per computer rule will only serve to exacerbate the zerg to win issue that WILL happen if they don't change their stance.

Money doesn't equal greatness.

I said this somewhere else.

The only thing I can see effectively multiboxed are pike squares or rifle columns.

Formation warfare is where I see boxing working effectively. Of course, AoE's/fears destroy you...

Logistics can trump skill.

"Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics."

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

My response:

A sub-average, unfocused player can have 100s of accounts and an amazing control center.... and still be sub-average and unfocused.

FYI, that's way below PHC.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

Multiboxing in a non tab targeting MMO with skills you have to aim is going to be incredibly difficult. I'm sure someone will find a way but I doubt it'll be very effective at all.

Multiboxing in a non tab targeting MMO with skills you have to aim is going to be incredibly difficult. I'm sure someone will find a way but I doubt it'll be very effective at all.

Yep. Not efficient and so few will do that its really a non-factor.

Besides there at least 2 different topics being discussed around this multiboxing or just having multiple toons available in same Campaign that gets mixed into the same discussion every time.

Neither of which will be much of an issue in this game IMO.

Edited by pang

Yep. Not efficient and so few will do that its really a non-factor.

Besides there at least 2 different topics being discussed around this multiboxing or just having multiple toons available in same Campaign that gets mixed into the same discussion every time.

Neither of which will be much of an issue in this game IMO.

There are more then 2 topics here. I really wish everyone would quit tying to marry the issues together.  There are things I do not like about Multi boxing as well.  

With that said, I don't see anything wrong with multiple clients,

I do have a problem when they are played for combat all controlled by key clone or some other third party program casting the same fireball simultaneously.

I just want to multibox so I can pass materials from one account to the other. Given how the game is structured, I'll want one account for combat and another for crafting.

1 hour ago, lord_magnus said:

I just want to multibox so I can pass materials from one account to the other. Given how the game is structured, I'll want one account for combat and another for crafting.

LOL at the ancient necro from 2015.

You can multibox. After you have one client running, quit the launcher and run the launcher again.

IhhQKY6.gif