Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Introducing myself to all the awesome people here.

Maukka

Hi everyone! My name is Maukka I'm a gardener from Finland. :)

I haven't played very many MMOs since most of them are too happy to waste my time with pointless things.

I was very much into Haven & Hearth and Salem at some point but I tend to be too competitive or something to be able to play them casually enough to not burn out on them.

Archeage sounded kind of interesting but after getting to around lvl 20 in it I just lost interest.

I quite enjoyed playing Glitch before it was shut down ;(, I had almost learned every skill in the game. It had many similarities with what Crowfall is planning to do so hopefully Crowfall will be as much fun as Glitch :D I wonder if anyone else here has enjoyed playing Glitch?

Currently I'm planning to play Hello Kitty Online and Tera.

My dream is to make a MMO that won't expect the best player in it to spend more than 5 hours a day playing it and even then most of that time should be communication, checking relevant information and deciding what to do.

Other tidbits I want to tell all the lovely people out there.

• I read a lot of manga/manhwa. Currently my favorite one is Kubera.
  • I have way too many games in my Steam account.
  • Arcen is one of my favorite developers and I'm excited to soon beta test their latest game Stars Beyond Reach.
  • Driftmoon is a very nice casual RPG that I gave lots of feedback on during it's development and it has the best modding tools I've seen in any game.
  • Dwarf Fortress is a cool game. I mostly just read its devlog but a while ago I actually played it for a while and I was in the middle of making a one handed keybind layout for it that made playing it super nice and smooth but after some update added some more keys I somehow got too lazy to actually finish it or play the game at all.
  • One hobby that I occasionally enjoy is picking a game with few replies from here and playing the hell out of it and giving the best feedback I can on it, the feeling of possibly being the only person to have truly played some guys game and letting them know it is pretty nice.
  • this website scares me a little for some reason.
Edited by Maukka

Welcome to Crowfall, Maukka! I'm afraid I haven't heard of Glitch before, but I hope Crowfall meets your expectations.

Side note, I love Dwarf Fortress, a lot. You might want to try and push your way through the beginning and learn to play it with the default layout. Either way, I'm sure you've got some fun stories from Dwarf Fortress, I'd love to hear them.

Hi everyone! My name is Maukka I'm a gardener from Finland. :)

I haven't played very many MMOs since most of them are too happy to waste my time with pointless things.

I was very much into Haven & Hearth and Salem at some point but I tend to be too competitive or something to be able to play them casually enough to not burn out on them.

Archeage sounded kind of interesting but after getting to around lvl 20 in it I just lost interest.

I quite enjoyed playing Glitch before it was shut down ;(, I had almost learned every skill in the game. It had many similarities with what Crowfall is planning to do so hopefully Crowfall will be as much fun as Glitch :D I wonder if anyone else here has enjoyed playing Glitch?

Currently I'm planning to play Hello Kitty Online and Tera.

My dream is to make a MMO that won't expect the best player in it to spend more than 5 hours a day playing it and even then most of that time should be communication, checking relevant information and deciding what to do.

Other tidbits I want to tell all the lovely people out there.

• I read a lot of manga/manhwa. Currently my favorite one is Kubera.
  • I have way too many games in my Steam account.
  • Arcen is one of my favorite developers and I'm excited to soon beta test their latest game Stars Beyond Reach.
  • Driftmoon is a very nice casual RPG that I gave lots of feedback on during it's development and it has the best modding tools I've seen in any game.
  • Dwarf Fortress is a cool game. I mostly just read its devlog but a while ago I actually played it for a while and I was in the middle of making a one handed keybind layout for it that made playing it super nice and smooth but after some update added some more keys I somehow got too lazy to actually finish it or play the game at all.
  • One hobby that I occasionally enjoy is picking a game with few replies from here and playing the hell out of it and giving the best feedback I can on it, the feeling of possibly being the only person to have truly played some guys game and letting them know it is pretty nice.
  • this website scares me a little for some reason.

Welcome to the forum~!

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Welcome!

Of the games you mentioned I only tried out AA (quit it after reaching level 34, the grinding just got worse and worse) and Tera (had fun combat, but it had many problems - big but empty wolds to name just one of them).

With the thing about too many steam games.... I just want to let you know, you are not the only one out there with that :D

Hope you (and we all here) find this game finally fulfilling our wishes we have :D, see you in game.

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

Side note, I love Dwarf Fortress, a lot. You might want to try and push your way through the beginning and learn to play it with the default layout. Either way, I'm sure you've got some fun stories from Dwarf Fortress, I'd love to hear them.

Playing with the default layout was okay and all but once I had things somewhat thematically set with military stuff being mostly on certain keys and so on with all being easy to reach with one hand it was just so much easier to play that going back to default would be awful. 

The way I went about making the layout was to just unbind almost everything and rebind them as needed.

As far as stories go I have nothing very interesting just that once most of my fort died thanks to few werepig infections and another time I accidentally flooded part of my fort and ended up making the flooded part a farming area once it had dried.

Also after getting tired of getting so many migrants I decided to cap the population at 20 with strict cap still at 220 so that I'd get to increase the population in a more natural manner, it was fun trying to play matchmaking for my dwarves.

Anyway thanks for the welcomes you 3 :D

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums!

I hear you on having WAY too many games on your Steam account.  I have a lifetime of games I'll probably never get around to but the sales get me every single time.

I've been meaning to try Dwarf Fortress for a while but the barrier to entry always seemed so steep.  I've heard so many awesome things about it though so I really should get around to trying it.

71431_original.jpg

Welcome to crowfall forums, enjoy your stay =).

Forum Rules – http://community.cro...les-of-conduct/
Privacy Policy – http://crowfall.com/#/privacy
Rules of Conduct – http://crowfall.com/#/rulesofconduct
Terms of Service – http://crowfall.com/#/terms

Any question feel free to ask the community by going here

By I highly suggest to search your question, might someone asked the question that's in your mind!

You will find the answer if the question been asked before, if not you can ask away.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.