Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phatcat09

Mega List of Things in MMO that seem silly.

You know what's absolutely silly about pretty much every MMO I've tried? Farming monsters for hundreds of hours, because for some reason, high quality suits of armor and weapons somehow materialize from the monsters' dead bodies. Why does a wild monster have gear and weapons for humans that he randomly drops? It makes no sense.

If the ancient knights hundreds of years ago spent their time hunting wild bears and wolves in the hopes that good armor and weapons would somehow materialize from the bodies of the slain beasts, would they have ever gotten their legendary suits of armor? I think not.

I want an MMO that's magical and fanciful, but not absurdly nonsensical.

Pm4QhLs.png

Gear grind and dailies... I play a game to have fun. Telling me that I need to do my dailies..... to get rewarded wow.... I dont understand why we pay to play and we are told that we need do our dailies lol. I am not a fan of dungeon raids too... Spend 2-3hrs or more to kill a boss that drop a loot for 1 to 2 person??? We need a pure sandbox game that have some rules and a skill combat system add in mechanics for different forms of game play and than let the players decide how to play. 

Games like tennis, soccer, american football is played and never bored, cuz its the people behind it, u cant find the same game when u play. In MMOs, u have the same dungeon the same mobs zzz it gets repetitive hence ppl get bored and leave...

You know what grinds my gears...

Having to pvp on a daily basis, but only gaining some random honor points.  I want each kill to mean something!

Anything in an instance... If some guild is killing a big boss, I should be able to f with them or steal the loot if they're idiots!

All these new games that have made meelee and archery some fancy magic system with aoe spam.

AoE spam grinds my gear

Abilities that allow people to run faster than mounts of vehicles

Modern inventions that break immersion, like cars as mounts in fantasy games.

Lack of guild functions like being unable to set permissions to make a guild bank.

Invincibility lies in the defence, the chance of victory; in the attack.

Throwing a ball for policedogs who did nothing while you did all the work. Why yes, I'd be happy to help throw a ball inbetween catching the scourge of this world.  I'm not even getting paid a lot.

thangyyy_zpsfc2cd9cc.png

Trash mobs are depressing.  Every battle should last a meaningful amount of time that way strategies arise and damage over time and debuff abilities have a reason to be in the game.  Killing a group of mobs in 5 seconds isn't very fun or challenging.  Save for certain situations where the story makes it logical, creatures who always attack in hordes for example.

MMO losing it social ascept. I chose to play an MMO because I want to interact with the human race...not sit in my "Garrison" alone and queue up for a raid for static content. Want things to do driven and decided by the users.

I don't know much about SB, but it did sound fun.

Throwing a ball for policedogs who did nothing while you did all the work. Why yes, I'd be happy to help throw a ball inbetween catching the scourge of this world.  I'm not even getting paid a lot.

You know, you can chose to just skip that quest.  ;)

Pm4QhLs.png

So one thing the Crowfall forums has done is brought together a lot of people who with the same desire. Something actually different.

And we all have these thoughts we want to express, but we don't necessarily want to make a topic about it, or we don't think we have enough to go off of to make a fruitful discussion.

I know I have a bajillion little things I just wanna get off my chest that bother me that I hope the devs might see and go hmm maybe we can address that.

Rules: 

• Keep it short.
  • Upvote something that resonates with you. <--- Do this or the thread fails!
  • Consider moving extended discussions to their own thread (Congratz you're now on you're way to a HOT topic!
  • 1 idea per post
  • There is no right or wrong thing so don't get pissy at someone for expressing themselves >:|
  • Consider the following format when trying to think of what to say:

"You know what really Grinds my gears in an MMO?....." (Bonus points for comedy)

Do not invoke the wrath of @xcomvic.

Why does it always have to be me? :(

ok, here's a gear grinder...

folks that pop into a Thread without having read any of it asking a Question that there are pages and pages talking about

am i doin' it rite?

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Players who get disgruntled off if I want to solo.  Um, if I'm that independent, I'm not going to be much help to you anyway.  Go find someone helpful to help you.

Cash shops and all the best gear being in there.

Mini-games.  If I wanted to play a lame tablet game, I'd be doing so instead of logging into this virtual world.

But my absolute biggest pet peeve is players who jump into my battle without so much as a how-de-do usually after I've set up the kill so they're obviously freeloading and trying to advance on my efforts instead of learning how to battle for themselves.  I hate freeloaders, in short.  Do not use me to level you up/get to the next world/whatever the goal is.  Can I have the ability to kill this kind of player before I kill the mob?  Will open PvP let me do that?

2nd biggest:  defeat and collect quests which I "affectionately" call did not collect quests.  No, just have me go straight out and kill the thing and be done with it.

I will probably think of more.  I know I was thinking of something else a minute ago.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

You know, you can chose to just skip that quest.  ;)

First wizard through did everything. After that you bet I skipped them all ~.~

thangyyy_zpsfc2cd9cc.png