Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lykurgus

League of Legends

I can kill the hell out of bots.

Real players, not so much.  :(

"and a couple of the Kickstarter packages were just crazy good"

oj57UME.gif

Note: Eye candy presented with thanks to the Crow(s) who granted permission for me to include their badge(s) in this tasty exhibit.

I used to play a good shyvana, one game I stole barron as the enemy team was about to get it, and got a 3x kill :D

that was a long time ago however

MMOs I've Played:

WoW (up to LichKing) - GW2 - FFXIV (Beta) - ESO (Beta)  - Wildstar - 

My 3 months gaming abstinence is endangered. I've pressed the download button.

Based on my personal statistics I got

70% chance of canceling the download in the next 3 hours

10% God says no and something prevent download

15% I start playing and uninstall in 2 days

5% become addicted again

Edit : that was the 10% option

BZ4t2VA.png

Edited by courant101

My 3 months gaming abstinence is endangered. I've pressed the download button.

Based on my personal statistics I got

70% chance of canceling the download in the next 3 hours

10% God says no and something prevent download

15% I start playing and uninstall in 2 days

5% become addicted again

Edit : that was the 10% option

Something's telling me that means you should instead go to

http://www.wwoz.org/programs/streams,

find the Listen Now button,

and relax with some cool tunes.

Not to derail a thread or anything... :ph34r:

"and a couple of the Kickstarter packages were just crazy good"

oj57UME.gif

Note: Eye candy presented with thanks to the Crow(s) who granted permission for me to include their badge(s) in this tasty exhibit.

Played since open beta, but they ruined too many champions for me to care much anymore. The laziness makes me wanna try the new Dota or other new MOBAs. I hate the meta conformity of classic maps too...

Edited by bahamutkaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Played since open beta, but they ruined too many champions for me to care much anymore. The laziness makes me wanna try the new Dota or other new MOBAs. I hate the meta conformity of classic maps too...

Dota 2 is good, there are some things about it I just can't get over me, but it's pretty petty so I'm not going to say them.

Heroes of the Storm I enjoy a lot, my computer doesn't run it too well or I'd play more, if you want map and meta diversity I'd suggest trying this.

Played about 5-10 games of Strife, just could no get into it.

Haven't tried Smite yet, but it seems to be fairly popular.

The thing about League of Legends these days, is that though they've stuck to the rigid 1-1-2 + Jungle meta, but have been diversifying the meta with the recent balance changes and new itemization changes. A lot of the old champions have gotten a lot of tweaks and overhauls, but I think that's more because of the new levels of mechanics in the game compared to open-beta. A lot less point and clicky, a lot more thoughtful decision making when you use your abiltiies and spells. I'm not sure if you've kept up with league lately, but this latest competitive split has seen it's largest pool of champions played in a long time (was about 80+% iirc).

I second this notion. Come join the Dota side!

I played Dota 2 when League servers poorly made socks the bed (for me at least), then when they got better I played league again. I don't dislike Dota 2, I'm just far too time invested and knowledgeable about league of legends still, I've forgotten about 50% of the heroes in Dota and what they do.

Played Bounty Hunter mostly, but in League I main Kalista.

you guys should convert to the dota religion

I love everything about DoTA - From the graphics, to the competitive scene, to the abundance of heroes & their vastly different designs, the jungle mechanics, denying creeps, etc. 

The problem is that when you mix in other MOBAs, it becomes increasingly difficult to switch between them. I have friends who play each MOBA separately, so it's not as simple as focusing entirely on one. When I play Heroes of the Storm, I can get back into my mechanics fairly quickly, however when transitioning to League afterwards it's difficult because of the slower nature. When going from either to DoTA, it's an overwhelming "what on Earth is happening?" feeling that takes so long to get rid of and become comfortable with. 

If I was to ever focus entirely on one MOBA though, I would absolutely choose DoTA, I just prefer League and HoTS because I can quickly jump into them after breaks since they are undeniable more casual. 

Currently Playing - Dirty Bomb, Archeage, & Skyforge

AMEqAAy.jpg

I play League nearly every day (and occasionally stream it), and I love it.

It gets a bad rap for saltiness and toxicity within the community, but I play for fun and don't really give a poorly made sock about what anyone else says.

Embrace the Bronze.

Edit: well played Crowfall forums changing my profanity to "a poorly made sock"...

Edited by Killadrix

kuZFoIM.png

The entire game is 'balanced' to make watching it more entertaining; They intentionally made the hard to play champions "better" than other champions simply so the pro players can stomp normal players.   Matchmaking is rigged to force an equilibrium win/loss rate because their wasting time creating useless champions because they got more money than sense *cough* Bard *cough* and making out it's something new, when in reality their just being creative with existing game mechanics (oh I want to get over impassable terrain, pretty sure I can already do that with Lee, Jax and a whole bunch of other champions!).  They have yet to fix the various net code problems with the game, using their vast fortune to improve the bad servers and to top it all off, there are bugs in the game which hasn't been fixed for 3 damn years.

Riot only cares about the E-sports, Riot only cares about Streaming money and Riot only cares about milking money from people via their Riot Point store.  The only time they bring out new champions is when random people at the office has an idea for a new champion and they run with it because they pretty much covered every conceivable champion idea already.  And when they run out of ideas, they rework an existing champion so they can transfer that champion's old abilities onto the new one.  (They have done it before, twice)

Meanwhile they do nothing about the toxicity in the community, other than pay lip service and transfer it to an arbitrary automated system that punishes you based on tallied reports at the end of each financial year or bans you based on afk reports.  Rather than review each case by case and realize that people abuse the system to bully people, you know there are a lot of cases when there are more than just 1 troll in a person's team and maybe those 2+ trolls report that person unfairly?  Ever consider that Riot!?  No, of course not!

Meanwhile the matchmaking mechanics screw people over it make it very difficult for good players to move up the ladders when they get placed with trolls for half their matches trying to force them into a loss, intentionally.  Combine that with how Riot has no clue how to correctly balance their game to suit the average player, it ultimately makes for a bad experience.

LoL is indicative to what happens when a Free2Play game gets popular, there is only one barrier toxic people understand, that is of an impact to their wallet.  Ban someone for being toxic and then they have to pay money to make a new account, they will feel less inclined to keep doing it after the 5th time doing it.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Meanwhile the matchmaking mechanics screw people over it make it very difficult for good players to move up the ladders when they get placed with trolls for half their matches trying to force them into a loss, intentionally.  Combine that with how Riot has no clue how to correctly balance their game to suit the average player, it ultimately makes for a bad experience.

gg team 2 feed I nvr get challenjour. 

A ninja does not know how to fall. 

The entire game is 'balanced' to make watching it more entertaining; They intentionally made the hard to play champions "better" than other champions simply so the pro players can stomp normal players.   Matchmaking is rigged to force an equilibrium win/loss rate because their wasting time creating useless champions because they got more money than sense *cough* Bard *cough* and making out it's something new, when in reality their just being creative with existing game mechanics (oh I want to get over impassable terrain, pretty sure I can already do that with Lee, Jax and a whole bunch of other champions!).  They have yet to fix the various net code problems with the game, using their vast fortune to improve the bad servers and to top it all off, there are bugs in the game which hasn't been fixed for 3 damn years.

Riot only cares about the E-sports, Riot only cares about Streaming money and Riot only cares about milking money from people via their Riot Point store.  The only time they bring out new champions is when random people at the office has an idea for a new champion and they run with it because they pretty much covered every conceivable champion idea already.  And when they run out of ideas, they rework an existing champion so they can transfer that champion's old abilities onto the new one.  (They have done it before, twice)

Meanwhile they do nothing about the toxicity in the community, other than pay lip service and transfer it to an arbitrary automated system that punishes you based on tallied reports at the end of each financial year or bans you based on afk reports.  Rather than review each case by case and realize that people abuse the system to bully people, you know there are a lot of cases when there are more than just 1 player in a person's team and maybe those 2+ trolls report that person unfairly?  Ever consider that Riot!?  No, of course not!

LoL is indicative to what happens when a Free2Play game gets popular, there is only one barrier toxic people understand, that is of an impact to their wallet.  Ban someone for being toxic and then they have to pay money to make a new account, they will feel less inclined to keep doing it after the 5th time doing it.

Just a few issues with your post: 

"Matchmaking is rigged to force an equilibrium win/loss rate because their wasting time creating useless champions because they got more money than sense *cough* Bard *cough*"

The team who works on champions doesn't work on matchmaking...

"The only time they bring out new champions is when random people at the office has an idea for a new champion and they run with it because they pretty much covered every conceivable champion idea already. "

Um if they did this there wouldn't be proof that ideas have been months old and we wouldn't have the animation shorts and most of the new champions are unique and amazing.

"Meanwhile they do nothing about the toxicity in the community, other than pay lip service and transfer it to an arbitrary automated system that punishes you based on tallied reports at the end of each financial year or bans you based on afk reports."

Except they actually do do things related to this such as the fact that Lyte has said the new tribunal is in the works and that they recently implemented better reform cards and toxicity punishments in the major.

"LoL is indicative to what happens when a Free2Play game gets popular, there is only one barrier toxic people understand, that is of an impact to their wallet.  Ban someone for being toxic and then they have to pay money to make a new account, they will feel less inclined to keep doing it after the 5th time doing it."

Banning people for being toxic is what you would do with someone who's toxic... and if you don't want to spend your money on cosmetics again then don't get banned, they don't ban people for money  :mellow:

"They intentionally made the hard to play champions "better" than other champions simply so the pro players can stomp normal players."

I put this last because this doesn't happen. They don't make people who are good special champs to stomp bad people. If your good then you can play a new champ just as good you do any other and if someones bad of-course they are going to get rekt against a pro...

Don't want this to become some flame war but you should really look into LoL more since the last time you played it.

A ninja does not know how to fall.