Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Fightin' words

Archetype specific campaigns? That could be interesting, but I can see how that might make people sore. If the threads in the GD weren't flaring up about multiple accounts and having all 13 archetypes like a trophy collection...

That's not to say there won't be plenty to play with each archetype.  So your favorite, or maybe your only leveled archetype is restricted from one sub-set of one campaign type, there are plenty of other campaigns.  And who's to say the next module won't include yours and exclude others.  Perhaps they do all melee archetypes. Or all magic archetypes. Or no stealth archetypes. Or only stealth archetypes.  I don't see ACE using this as a balancing tool to pick on one archetype.  They may not be interested in perfect balance but if one was that bad it had to be banned from some modules I think they would bring it in line.

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

For example, in the future we could create modules that…

- Add a “divine summoning” system, where a team can perform a complicated ritual to summon one of the Gods to wreak havoc on a Campaign world

I immediately thought of http://www.wowwiki.com/Ivus_the_Forest_Lord - my favorite turtle-busting mechanic to date.

The first time I heard of Alterac Valley, I imagined something a lot more like what Crowfall promises to be than what AV actually was.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Is ACE planning on having multiple modules for each campaign type ready to roll at launch, or are these more for growth after launch?  I ask because some modules seem easier and cheaper to develop while others will require new art assets, and so far everything that required new art or more money has been a Stretch Goal. 

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

Some questions about the campaign modules:

1. How many campaigns can I participate in at once ?

2. Can I quit and start over in another campaign ?

3. If the answer to question 2. is yes, what is stopping the campaign to be deserted by players not winning ?

Some questions about the campaign modules:

1. How many campaigns can I participate in at once ?

2. Can I quit and start over in another campaign ?

3. If the answer to question 2. is yes, what is stopping the campaign to be deserted by players not winning ?

1. 1 per character

2. no... that's their current stance... might change though

3. nothing... because fun doesn't count anymore in modern games

1. I would assume as many as you have characters (I think the current maximum, by default, per account is 6? You can purchase more character slots through the store, methinks)

2. I believe so, but you pretty much lose anything from that campaign.

3. Nothing, in a hard sense. Nothing is going to force anyone to stay in a campaign until its done. But, many factors will make abandoning campaigns and joining others, at the very least, a big waste of time, so that people hopefully won't do that unless they have a very particular/good reason to do so at the time.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

That's not to say there won't be plenty to play with each archetype.  So your favorite, or maybe your only leveled archetype is restricted from one sub-set of one campaign type, there are plenty of other campaigns.  And who's to say the next module won't include yours and exclude others.  Perhaps they do all melee archetypes. Or all magic archetypes. Or no stealth archetypes. Or only stealth archetypes.  I don't see ACE using this as a balancing tool to pick on one archetype.  They may not be interested in perfect balance but if one was that bad it had to be banned from some modules I think they would bring it in line.

Sure, all very good points. Time and experiments will tell!

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Budkin and I are have been planning changes we want to make to the FAQ page. This is a great idea and I'll add it to the list. 

I suggested this in the suggestion forum already, but can we have dates like featured above be added to the current FAQs, that way if something new changes or there is a direction change on a section we can easily identify it

Puddledux you are one lucky dog

I am absolutely in love with the Attributes and Module system proposed. It perpetuates the concept of variety and nothing being the same from one campaign to the next. I'm most excited to see the creativity of the devs with the module system and what they'll be able to produce.

Still what I would like to know about is the server selection system and trying, as suggested, to vote for campaigns with the attributes/modules that we seek. I think a simple survey kind of system that asks you a single question that is optional to take could provide more data for the devs. Say there's an icon next to the options menu that brings up the daily survey, asking a single, simple multiple choice question.

Not what I expected this thread to be. My idea of fighting words is when someone calls you custard pirate and then you proceed to kick poorly made socks out of them.

Yeah, I thought it was Pann's new CoC!

Archetype Restrictions: Is this Campaign restricted to only certain archetypes?

O.O All the yes!  I would love a frostweaver showdown!

Add a “divine summoning” system, where a team can perform a complicated ritual to summon one of the Gods to wreak havoc on a Campaign world

:D Yay destruction! It's to bad I  will never will be able to call Lord Helix to fight for us this way (O well, I am sure the gods in this universe shall be as strong as well gods)

BQRSX6y.jpg?1

Thanks for the FAQ!

One thing however I am curious about is what factors will be used to justify when a new campaign should be created, and how to choose what rule sets for said campaign?

Are you planning on simply creating a ton of campaigns at the start for variety? Will there be consideration as to player numbers in the other campaigns. I would hate to see 3 campaigns be almost empty simply because there are to many options for campaigns to choose from.

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

And what’s a campaign without a hero? The Templar has become a sort of poster girl for Crowfall.

As hot as Templar is, she's got nothing on Guinecean. Dat fluff.