Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/13/15 - Character Creation Preview

poorly made socks, I actually really like the art style. Hyper-realism is overrated. 

Really interested to know more about the Archetypes and how much flexibility we have within them

The Sundered Guard-"Nature's Sword, the People's Shield"-Ranger's Brotherhood of Shadowbane, Mourning Server

Listen to CrowCast-A Crowfall Podcast
Crowfall1_zps3d24a64d.jpg

Love the art style, the problem with realism is that it is not only hard to pull of right but also very expensive.

As for the classes (archetypes), its looking really good and customisable.

I won't try and guess the classes since it seems like the list can scroll and the class below the mage (4th second row) is slightly covered by the sword (Maybe on purpose?).

Another thing that we can deduce is that with so many classes, it is very likely that with so many classes there will be the option of multiple alts or maybe permadeath. 

Also what are these hunger stats I read? :P

Does that mean the game will have a realistic stamina system? If you look closely, there is a stat called warmth conversion meaning that your character gets cold in cold area. Guess that means no more going to Northrend in underwear.

Finally look at the top tab, it says promotion classes.

Does this mean that maybe we'll get a second tier of jobs which are more powerful?

Edited by laskatan

Based on the number of Archetypes/base classes, and the little snippet we see of "Promotion Classes", I hope we get a similar dynamic to Shadowbane where you have Promotion classes that can be reached by multiple base class routes.  I loved how differently you could play a class in Shadowbane depending on if you came at it from Rogue or Mage, or Rogue or Fighter, etc. 

The Sundered Guard-"Nature's Sword, the People's Shield"-Ranger's Brotherhood of Shadowbane, Mourning Server

I'm wondering how much we will be able to change the LOOK of our character.  As I and others have said before, I don't want to run around with thousands or even hundreds of characters that look just like me.

Looking at the default archtype selected than looking at the actual character leads to believe it has some depth to it. They both look quite different facially.

Based on the number of Archetypes/base classes, and the little snippet we see of "Promotion Classes", I hope we get a similar dynamic to Shadowbane where you have Promotion classes that can be reached by multiple base class routes.  I loved how differently you could play a class in Shadowbane depending on if you came at it from Rogue or Mage, or Rogue or Fighter, etc. 

At least based on the image at the top, it looks like there is around 16 Archetypes. But my guess is those are also faction specific... at least if you look in the order of them, they seem to be by race/faction (although I could be wrong).

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!

That stat page appears to scroll down quite a bit more. Really curious what's down there. 

Hunger resistance...this would seem to go, not just a pvp route, but a survival route as well...or indicate some of the non-pvp roles? Perhaps there's a mighty Baker class (there is a chubby dude hidden behind the guys sword). But being serious, the hunger resistance does add an interesting angle.

I really like the selection of female characters. Bottom row, second from the right; yeah, that's mine right there :D

The art style is appealing and clean of line. Elegant even. Love the muted colors. 

Can't wait to play with the character creation options!

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

At least based on the image at the top, it looks like there is around 16 Archetypes. But my guess is those are also faction specific... at least if you look in the order of them, they seem to be by race/faction (although I could be wrong).

Hard to tell based on pre-alpha interface, but if there were a faction element to this portion of character creation, you'd think there'd be something about it on the menu. Could just be that this early they aren't concerned about making the distinction, though, 

Now there's interesting mechanic: Dash count: 2. Seems like we've got some manual dashes we can use.

Also: The raccoon is hiding behind the knight's sword. Raccoon archetype confirmed.

That also proves that we will have RNG in the game, (hallelujah).

Edited by nehemia

Hard to tell based on pre-alpha interface, but if there were a faction element to this portion of character creation, you'd think there'd be something about it on the menu. Could just be that this early they aren't concerned about making the distinction, though, 

That's the fun in speculation :)  But, if you're a fan of ASoIF (Game of Thrones) and, to an extent, Shadowbane, the world was divided up by factions/regions. Doesn't mean its a hard line faction (like WoW) where you couldn't be Race A in Faction B, but it may have to do with starting areas.

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!