Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/13/15 - Character Creation Preview

While I'm on the topic of pants, I'm also concerned about shoes. Please don't make me run around in some ridiculous high heeled sandals or stilleto boots. No one I know can really run in those things. I'd like sturdy boots, moccasins, Roman sandals with rope straps, whatever. Just don't MAKE me wear the girly shoes. I wear those enough IRL. Lots of shoe options, and pants. 

AND, I'd like to see body art options for all genders and non-genders. I'm thinking Skyrim character creation, but with better selections, more delicate tattoos, more colors. It'd be especially nice if the body art was visible while wearing pants. 

Earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets, anklets, etc. would also be aesthetically pleasing to me, and I think such little details might add a richness to connection with our characters.  All within the bounds of reasonable design and game performance, and pants, of course. 

Edited by iridianshadowweaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

The firsth question is: How many of the statistics can u customize manually? Can u spend all your point in all statistics or,for example,spend tot point on your armor attiribute,you will increase your ice resistance of Tot %?

And how about character look customization? Is one of the most important,if not the most important factor of the character creations. There are mmorpgs like "Champions online",for example that proliferate and grow just becouse of it. (Good design and graphic,by the way).

I think some of you are missing the point or maybe I didn't communicate it well enough.  When I said more like Far Cry, I didn't mean it had to look that good, but go in that direction with better proportions, better textures.  A step in that direction, not a step in the WoW toony direction.  More realistic, not hyper realistic.  Hyper realistic is a ways out yet, I am positive there are many machines out there that could handle big battles full settings @ 1920 x 1080. The server hardware, that may be a different story.  I am sure the server would have more of a problem than the PC you are playing on.

The more you ask for realism the more I'm going to try to make the cutest chibi princess wielding the biggest possible sword to ruin everyone's immersion. :D

Jesting aside, fair enough.  I get that many people like more realism but it's just not for me.  I'm jaded against it because it just always seems to clash with the game in some way with me. 

Off-topic.  Does anyone have some pink dye and a buster sword? ^_^

raccoon?

thieves?....giggity!!!!..puhweeez!!

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

I love the style of the game from this alpha pic!!!!

One of my questions is will there be male/female options?

For example a female knight/female mage?

I'm wondering this too.  It would be pretty messed up if we couldn't be a female knight or a male elf (am guessing that the pointy eared character is an elf). 

If you notice the stats pane... there's lots more scrolling down to be done...

Also it looks as if there are more classes or archetypes to be chosen. I really think this game will certainly have a nice twist on any MMO I've played at least, if you can die of hunger especially, which will add a flavor to the game I've never had to partake in.

i am loving the look! i also am very interested in the green lady..and the older man...maybe healing and magic..areas i love in games..

all the tech stuff i am not very good at.....so glad we have guilds to help out lol

Keira Dreamwalker

Love the art style guys and gals. Game looks epic, hopefully it plays epic as well. Really digging the survivability of the game as well. Will make things way more interesting, and hopefully create a living world.

So, let's look at some of these stats. Some are pretty self-explanatory, but there are a few pretty interesting things here, and we still can't see the whole screen. I'm assuming that a goodly chunk of the stuff we can't see is more Elemental Damage/Resistance, but it depends on how many damage types they have.

Warmth Conversion: ??? With the fact we have a Hunger Resistance, maybe this is tied more into the survival/wilderness stuff, but it could be something totally different.  

Hunger Resistance: An exciting idea to have a sort of survival/food mechanic. This is definitely something I'm looking forward to hearing more about.  My first impression is this stat just simply reduces the rate at which you grow hungry/suffer penalties from such hunger. 

Dash Count: I like this and I don't even know what it is.  Hopefully it means we have a bit of action-oriented combat, and you get dashes/rolls that refresh.

Elemental Damage/Resistance: I do like having this.  I always enjoyed putting on my Fire resist gear to go kill some Templars.

Power Damage: Interesting that they seem to have separated the stats that affect weapon attacks and powers/abilities.  I wonder if this is magic power only, or if it also applies to weapon powers/styles.

This is pretty much my thoughts too.  I do like the idea that you may need to eat meaning you'd have to carry food with you.  And the warmth conversion thing makes me think thee may be weather/environmental zones that affect our toons in some way.  These 2 things bring more depth to a game and make it a bit more real.

Which ones promote to scout?

Looks good. :)

Seriously.  I hope I can capture that playstyle in CF.  So much.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Their hunger will be insane.

I will feed from yer pockets  :P

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

That one in the upper right, is it paying homage to the great Ashen Temper?? 

You know, now that you mention it, that does look a little like my original character... just need to replace the black hair with a deep red and swap the book for a fiery sword! Ashen was always partial to hoods and red, though. But then again, that's a pretty common look in fantasy :)

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!

So the look/style of Row 1 Column 1 and Row 2 Column 1 are very similar.  Actually each row has some similar color schemes in both clothing and background.  Coincidence?

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"