Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/13/15 - Character Creation Preview

My main concern is that we aren't playing characters which are gender or race locked in any way. This image has me worried along those lines.

With that out of the way, everythin else looks really interesting! Though that sword could stand to look less like a baseball bat.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

That's the fun in speculation :)  But, if you're a fan of ASoIF (Game of Thrones) and, to an extent, Shadowbane, the world was divided up by factions/regions. Doesn't mean its a hard line faction (like WoW) where you couldn't be Race A in Faction B, but it may have to do with starting areas.

I could see that. But with that many base classes, unless we only get 1 promotion class per base (which would be terribly boring and defeat the purpose of a promotion class in the first place imo), unless they allow cross-over from archetypes->promotion class they're going to have to make a TON of promotion classes. Letting you come into them from multiple angles gives more options and unique choices without requiring an absurd amount of classes. 

The Sundered Guard-"Nature's Sword, the People's Shield"-Ranger's Brotherhood of Shadowbane, Mourning Server

Listen to CrowCast-A Crowfall Podcast
Crowfall1_zps3d24a64d.jpg

As long as there is the ability to customize your face and hair, I don't get too worked up about style.  I'm one of the many who don't wear their headgear, so if I can look somewhat unique, hooray!

My preference would be a little more detail on the characters, but I'm not having "ewwwww" feeling about the screenshot.

That's the fun in speculation :)  But, if you're a fan of ASoIF (Game of Thrones) and, to an extent, Shadowbane, the world was divided up by factions/regions. Doesn't mean its a hard line faction (like WoW) where you couldn't be Race A in Faction B, but it may have to do with starting areas.

The non hard line like WoW is what I would be hoping for. I just always felt the hard seperation took away from playing with so many other people artificially. If that makes sense lol

My main concern is that we aren't playing characters which are gender or race locked in any way. This image has me worried along those lines.

With that out of the way, everythin else looks really interesting! Though that sword could stand to look less like a baseball bat.

I doubt that it will be gender locked, thats mainly an eastern MMO thing. If you look at the screenshot, there is a second unfilled circle. That probably where the character customisation takes place.

Yeah kinda like laskatan said, I would find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be some ability to customize things. It would be very disappointing to see everyone looking the same.

C4sIZDW.gif

I doubt that it will be gender locked, thats mainly an eastern MMO thing. If you look at the screenshot, there is a second unfilled circle. That probably where the character customisation takes place.

That was my impression as well.  Do all the class/stat stuff, and then it's look/name customization 

The Sundered Guard-"Nature's Sword, the People's Shield"-Ranger's Brotherhood of Shadowbane, Mourning Server

I'm worried that clicking that circle will bring up a few hair and face options, but not gender and race options. The first thing that popped into my mind upon seeing that screenshot was, "Oh, looks like a MOBA with pre-determined character archetypes."

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

I'm not worried about the look customization, I'm pretty confident that they'll have options for that, but I hope that the classes aren't as race-locked as the Archetype selection makes them appear to be.  Hopefully that's just the example, and not an indication that only Deer-people can be X Archetype

I agree. The first part is probably just a way to get an overall feel for the archetype and then you go into customization. And it could be that you could also change the Race and the Gender (if there is Gender... you never know, some Races may not have one). Looking at the first four, it's hard to say what they are, though. Could be something like a Rogue, Fighter, Tank, Caster... but what is the difference between the Fighter and a Tank? Or is one more 1H/Shield while the other is 2H? Or are there subtle differences? One could be Knight (as it is named) but the 3rd one could be Reaver?

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!