Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/13/15 - Character Creation Preview

I've been admiring the character crew.

What's more teasing is that pre alpha there is another possibly 12 characters if you scroll down by my reckoning. That's tasty.

I'm liking the stats.

Can't wait for the next teaser!

288mqgz.png

Wow, thanks for all the positive feedback on the UI direction!

I'm definitely not going for the ol' parchment and tome look. It is a really interesting challenge to keep things modern and streamlined without it veering outside of the world of fantasy. Skyrim, Witcher and Dragon Age are great examples of fantasy game UIs that have pulled off this aesthetic well. Why not learn from the best?

Luckily, we have such great character paintings and models. I don't mind pushing the UI as far out of the way as possible to let the rest of the visuals take center stage.

Billy Garretsen - UX Design Lead, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

[Personal Portfolio]

i was hoping they'd skip the unnecessary boob-windows/skimpy clothing, since it seems like males are wearing full armor. sure, it's only two of the chicks there, but it's something people need to stop doing in their MMOs. the genre has become the flagship of skimpy clothing. i'd rather if they changed that.

I am usually not a fan of the cartoony art style but this has a very mature tone to it in away.  If you look at the Everquest Next character art style, it seems very much catered to the younger audience with its fluffy feel, or even World of Warcraft characters for that matter.  Very impressed at the art, reminds of the movie Despecable Me for some reason.

Nice art-style. This is actually my kind of art-style. No to super realistic poorly made socks with minimal content. Those archetypes are interesting, we hope to see more info about that. And... what's that? A deer? I'm gonna be a man-deer here. 

Good but i really dislike race/class gender locked, hope they are just presets and i can make my personal build with every race, and not gender locked.

Archduchess Alice

Also wtb information regarding combat system. If it's not free aim/twitch then I'm out.

Yes, i agree with you on this, i dislike tab targeting games, they aren't skills based because once you lock the target you have secure hits based on RNG factors, rotating skills 1-2-3-4-5, and following projectiles that spin even if you move,  this will be the worst case scenario.

I prefer action combat with dodge, active blocking/parry and free slashing/casting while moving.

Cross fingers. :)

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

Are the archetypes gender-locked?

Hope Todd explain this, unfortunately gender locked heroes aren't my cup of tea since i hate mobas. I want free race gender selection, but even if there will be class race locks, at least let us have male and female avatars for each race.

Tl;dR Please no gender lock.

Btw: 3d models are amazing, expecially females, very fantasy, nice work guys. :)

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

Guys, the mystery character behind the sword isn't a mouse, deer mouse, dwarf or racoon. It's a badger. The same badger that is in the released artwork banners. He is just flipped around for this graphic.  I replaced the sword with his head and he is a perfect match. :D

258uvio.jpg   ka1qxk.jpg

Guys, the mystery character behind the sword isn't a mouse, deer mouse, dwarf or racoon. It's a badger. The same badger that is in the released artwork banners. He is just flipped around for this graphic.  I replaced the sword with his head and he is a perfect match. :D

258uvio.jpg   ka1qxk.jpg

Finally someone had notice it! ^^

i was hoping they'd skip the unnecessary boob-windows/skimpy clothing, since it seems like males are wearing full armor. sure, it's only two of the chicks there, but it's something people need to stop doing in their MMOs. the genre has become the flagship of skimpy clothing. i'd rather if they changed that.

Who cares, this wasn't meant to be a wizard101 rating game... it looks like that because it looks cool and there's probably no other way to make the girl character in the game look cool without looking like there wearing manly clothing. 

Who cares, this wasn't meant to be a wizard101 rating game... it looks like that because it looks cool and there's probably no other way to make the girl character in the game look cool without looking like there wearing manly clothing. 

I agree with this.  As in real life, virtual worlds are made up if all sorts of different characters.   We have very little info re them and this is all speculation.  If some are offended by clothing or lack thereof then choose something different.  To expect all male or all female characters to follow a "dress code"  well, frankly, that type of thinking does need to remain in the spiral.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Based on the number of Archetypes/base classes, and the little snippet we see of "Promotion Classes", I hope we get a similar dynamic to Shadowbane where you have Promotion classes that can be reached by multiple base class routes.  I loved how differently you could play a class in Shadowbane depending on if you came at it from Rogue or Mage, or Rogue or Fighter, etc. 

And i do hope we are not race restricted and we can do alot of combinations with the race and clases

TSCCC-member

TheHateCrew- core member