Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/13/15 - Character Creation Preview

I thought of both! Especially the Ambrose type guy. He DOES look like I'd imagine Ambrose in the midst of a rage. 

Where are our beloved SB guys?  I would like to hear what resemblences they see  ( if any ) to the character customization in their game.  I am not saying that facetiously either.  I would really like to know.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

It's also on his shoulder armor.

Interesting.  This might be MOBA type characters.  I have mixed feelings.  I like being able to make instant decisions prefight by recognizing what my opponent is (to a point) but I also enjoy customization.  I hope they can achieve a balance there.

i'm thinking it's more of an addition to our guild crests over the head thing....in DAoC you had your Crest on your tabard

i'm guessing it's going to be the same here...your Guildcrest on armor/shield and so on for IDing folks in the field a la historical accuracy

could just be meh...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I am cautiously optimistic on this reveal. I like the potential for promotions. But I do hope that second dot is for customization.

Dragonne Noir - Irekei Thief / Rictuz Dilok Eldalie Elf Channeler

Vir Ghakalar  - Deception

Thurin's Hammers - Deception & Mourning

I see a lot of concern with customization posted so far and I'm in that boat too, but I think none of that matters until we know the playing perspective.

If we have a MOBA perspective it matters little, if we're thrown real far back in a diablo-esque or even more top-down then good luck squinting at your blob trying to see his/her eye color.

Currently not aboard the Hype-Train but lined up at the ticket booth for more info.

Haha! Here's something I'd like to avoid: I'm running around with teen kid in Tera, he's following me. He says in global chat, "Hey mom, I can see your arse. Cover up for Eris's sake!". Cause my Elin, she has no pants, lolz. Yeah, pants please;  full and scanty clothing options, please? 

The clothing or lack there of does not bother me in the least.  We will be fighting for our lives so who needs those constrictive old dreary robes? 

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

So are we seeing a mix between MOBA and MMO here possibly? Trying to rack my tiny brain on how exactly it could work.

Not really hard... you can look at games like smite/gigantic and see how they would cross over the systems into a persistent mmo world..

As for the OP... Understandable choice in art style, but it simply will never breed the sense of a gritty pvp game.  It can be fun, skillful, etc... but I doubt for many of us it will ever be immersive with that kind of art style... But it's common, you see a lot of games going that direction now, with the overwatches, and eqnexts and such.

The stats and points and what not aren't anything to get excited about until we see how character progression works...

I'd rather them reveal more about what kinda vision they have for the pvp in this game... but I guess that will come with time.

Well,

It's certainly not the graphics style I prefer, but as always graphics are absolutely the least important aspect of MMO to me, first and foremost is gameplay functionality, freedom of interaction, PvP and economy system.

I'm also not too fond of hard coded "classes" but I can also live with that (SB being an example).

So far nothing that makes me "wow" so I'll have to await further details on pvp, openness of world interaction, property ownership (cities, housing) and economy/crafting.

and lastly....

DEER PEOPLE?!

WHat.gif

Guess Protonix will have to settle for that ;)

Edited by nefastus

As long as there is the ability to customize your face and hair, I don't get too worked up about style.  I'm one of the many who don't wear their headgear, so if I can look somewhat unique, hooray!

My preference would be a little more detail on the characters, but I'm not having "ewwwww" feeling about the screenshot.

Fail.

The clothing or lack there of does not bother me in the least.  We will be fighting for our lives so who needs those constrictive old dreary robes? 

Well, that's true, I suppose.

I think most lady gamers these days don't want to be limited to a stereotype of scantily clad, giant breasts, etc. There are just too many of those games around. 

I say go naked if you wish, but I wanna wear pants, lolz. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Trust me, I appreciate female characters that are armored appropriately and it is something I am always focused on. But not every female needs full plate armor. Maybe I should add some guys without shirts to balance it out? /evilgrin

Please and thank you 

Trust me, I appreciate female characters that are armored appropriately and it is something I am always focused on. But not every female needs full plate armor. Maybe I should add some guys without shirts to balance it out? /evilgrin

How about some guys with loincloths? Buff ones.

Meow.

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Where are our beloved SB guys?  I would like to hear what resemblences they see  ( if any ) to the character customization in their game.  I am not saying that facetiously either.  I would really like to know.  

Actually we have been chiming in :)

In SB at the Character Creation screen you started with a set amount of points just like here, but it is hard to say that really anything else is SB or not because we are just getting the looks not the actual implementation. An example of the this is the standard Int/Str/Dex stats that alot of games have. In some it was random roll between a high/low caps based on class/profession ala Neverwinter Nights, while in SB each race started with X amount in each stat and was spread differently depending on class chosen. Then you the player could subtract 5 points from each stat to use in another stat or to buy a beginning stat or power/skill rune such as +5% to Dagger skill. So until we see implementation we really can't say how close to SB it is. BTW if you want to see in "paper" form what SB creation was like go to the website: http://pyetrek.redlem.com/

Edited by gauis

speak the Name of a daemon, and it will come forth....

i see a LOT of resemblance to both SB and UO here

we had 4 base classes which could grow into a lot of Professions and then add Disciplines for a HUGE level of customization...

as is indicated here...there were Resistances to everyting you could hit wiht in a Game, and various ways to both increase or undercut said resistances, adding tactical depth as well as a strategic layer to your build/loadout

all of this and more, appears to be "considered" in the screen shot we have...

how happy am i?

well, i won't ordew the trebuchets to fire on their HQ just yet...but i'm not tearing down the bulwarks until i get my hands on the beta

nuff said?

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...