Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/13/15 - Character Creation Preview

Actually we have been chiming in :)

In SB at the Character Creation screen you started with a set amount of points just like here, but it is hard to say that really anything else is SB or not because we are just getting the looks not the actual implementation. An example of the this is the standard Int/Str/Dex stats that alot of games have. In some it was random roll between a high/low caps based on class/profession ala Neverwinter Nights, while in SB each race started with X amount in each stat and was spread differently depending on class chosen. Then you the player could subtract 5 points from each stat to use in another stat or to buy a beginning stat or power/skill rune such as +5% to Dagger skill. So until we see implementation we really can't say how close to SB it is. BTW if you want to see in "paper" form what SB creation was like go to the website: http://pyetrek.redlem.com/

Ya'll are so good about giving me reading material, Thank you.   

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Trust me, I appreciate female characters that are armored appropriately and it is something I am always focused on. But not every female needs full plate armor. Maybe I should add some guys without shirts to balance it out? /evilgrin

xDD for sure

krevra.png

Trust me, I appreciate female characters that are armored appropriately and it is something I am always focused on. But not every female needs full plate armor. Maybe I should add some guys without shirts to balance it out? /evilgrin

Thank you. While you're at it, if you wouldn't mind mentioning to the sound folks that female characters don't need to make an ****smic moan every time they are hit... that would be most appreciated.

kWGklHs.png

Ps I hate CRIT stats.  I will however abuse stats to get that % as high as possible.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of crit, or RNG in general, especially the more action/skill-based the combat is, but it's such a staple of RPG that it's hard to get rid of without uproar.

The Sundered Guard-"Nature's Sword, the People's Shield"-Ranger's Brotherhood of Shadowbane, Mourning Server

Listen to CrowCast-A Crowfall Podcast
Crowfall1_zps3d24a64d.jpg

Thank you. While you're at it, if you wouldn't mind mentioning to the sound folks that female characters don't need to make an ****smic moan every time they are hit... that would be most appreciated.

aww....you just take all the fun out of stuff...

wait...was that my out loud voice again?

mah bad....

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of crit, or RNG in general, especially the more action/skill-based the combat is, but it's such a staple of RPG that it's hard to get rid of without uproar.

Worth a try though!

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

At face value, I like it. I don't mind a couple gender locked archetypes/promotional classes (Huntress, Warlock, Fury for example). I just don't want 24 archetypes that are essentially 12 split over two different factions. In other words... no factions please. I also hope armor is fully customizable. And... I hope there are helmets! Only thing I am not keen on is mouse/rat/raccoon man or whatever it is. If it looked like a Wererat from SB that would be one thing, but somehow "Cute" doesn't make me quake on the field of battle.

QUICK! Someone tell me how to like a post multiple times!

I'm in the 'it looks kinda like a moba so I'm a little worried' camp, especially with welcome email touting this being a team game. Very excited about the large marmite-looking thing behind the sword though. Hopefully it's a 'wee people' support class. I would do horrible, terrible, awful things for a wee people support class.

Edited by fawne

Ok. I would say this is much more then I thought they would releade and I am on the hype train already. Good job on making wanting more. Really impressive.

Underneath the Knight in the character creation image. There's two dots, with the left highlighted. My guess is the right one will show the female version of that class.

My 2 cents goes to:

"First Screen: Archetype Selection" - you'll get a general look and feel of the selected archetype (Knight highlighted);

"Second dotScreen: Character Customization" - here's the gender, body type, hair, beard, eye, etc...

IF and I never have made a female Assassin or Ranger type, I would want her in skimpy leather because I need the extra mobility. I do not need heavy armor weighing me down!

IF and I never have made a female Assassin or Ranger type, I would want her in skimpy leather because I need the extra mobility. I do not need heavy armor weighing me down!

decent point...

however...i'd rather there was a broad range of Choices left up to the Player...

in a seige, i may want to be wearing heavy armor on my assasin or even mage base....

Choices > railroad, imo...let whether i am uber or gimped be based on MY decisions, not Code

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Ya'll are so good about giving me reading material, Thank you.   

Something of note, there is a ton of math underneath the stat/training points as well. It isn't particularly hard to do but there are a lot of variables mixed in with each other. I spend a lot of time working with building characters. I am a bit obsessive when it comes to perfecting my builds though so most players didn't tend to mess with that too much.

Also there were all sorts of small things you could tweak. I generally had 2-3 versions of the same type of character with different tweaks(generally racial changes and starting/stat rune changes).

If you want to look at some theorycrafting for builds and such, you can take a look at the SBemu's forums for class builds and such. Ideally I hope that this game matches some of the depth available for character builds in SB. Having terrible builds and spec groups could really make your guild perform poorly. It was another aspect of SB that occurs outside of game play that could lose you your city.

http://shadowbaneemulator.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18&sid=0764c767ed80fb2ca09e684bd9b4b308

C4sIZDW.gif