Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Secrets?!

Fragar

Stumbling upon hidden trinkets or enemies has always added a sense of adventure to MMO's with large landscapes like Archeage or WoW. Things such as hidden Bosses with some unique loot in the most random of areas with a dash of story behind it, always added a bit of Flare into a game, imo. Therefore i ask the Community, should Crowfall implement this in their game or should they not? :wub:

It wouldn't surprise me to see such a thing in the random critters roaming the lands.  Surely they'll have some serious muscle spawning randomly.

"Where there is unity there is always victory." -- Publilius Syrus

"If there weren't luck involved, I would win every time." -- Phil Hellmuth
"A good soldier does not fight because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." -- G. K. Chesterton

From the FAQ:

The Campaign map is hidden by fog of war. You are dropped (typically naked) into an unknown, deadly environment. This world is filled with the ruins of ancient castles, abandoned mines and haunted villages – which you have to explore to scavenge for weapons, tools and the resources to start building fortifications.

It looks like you will likely get the chance to stumble across some hidden something.

IhhQKY6.gif

From the FAQ:

Also, intel about all sort of stuff (resources, thrall spawns (?), settlements, etc) will be valuable as heck. Meaning it won't get posted online for a while in a campaign, if at all.

Also, intel about all sort of stuff (resources, thrall spawns (?), settlements, etc) will be valuable as heck. Meaning it won't get posted online for a while in a campaign, if at all.

Intel is always leaked.  There's no such thing as actual secrets in online gaming anymore.

"A good soldier does not fight because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." -- G. K. Chesterton

Intel is always leaked.  There's no such thing as actual secrets in online gaming anymore.

In a game where the world only lasts a few months? Sure, some intel is going to get out, but as soon as the campaign ends, the intel becomes useless. Unless some jerk creates a client addon that gathers geographical data in order to automatically populate an online map, there's always going to be a period of time where intel could potentially remain secret.

In a game where the world only lasts a few months? Sure, some intel is going to get out, but as soon as the campaign ends, the intel becomes useless. Unless some jerk creates a client addon that gathers geographical data in order to automatically populate an online map, there's always going to be a period of time where intel could potentially remain secret.

This is true.  I only meant, to think that any information that is learned isn't shared is crazy talk.  As I state in some other posts, there's no shortage of people make their fame in blogs and videos.  It will likely be very hard to find any accurate information outside of guild forums and such though, because it's so short and ever changing.