Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
20kilo

Campaign ATTRIBUTES and MODULES.

It`s only me or maybe we are gonna be face some problems with character slot limit and alot of campaign options?

Like if I have my max character slot filled in campaigns and a new one that I would like to try or join? I know there will be a option to leave probably in the future, but if for example I leave 1 month of hard work to try something new and it let me down or do not fill my expectations? It will not be a turn down for players to lose progress (real nerd ones like me I mean I think hahahahah :D)

Edited by 20kilo

mael4.jpg

As far as I know, they made it seem that, no, you cannot have more than one character per campaign. HOWEVER, you can have your character apart of as many campaigns as you desire, if just locks you out of using an alt in one of those campaigns. This is my understanding.

As far as I know, they made it seem that, no, you cannot have more than one character per campaign. HOWEVER, you can have your character apart of as many campaigns as you desire, if just locks you out of using an alt in one of those campaigns. This is my understanding.

What? Did you even bother reading the OP? It's always nice when there's some relevance between what the OP said and what a reply is about. He didn't mention playing with several characters in one campaign. I guess all the threads currently active on this subject has made you a bit confused, oh well.

On-topic: I don't think that's realistically going to be a problem for very many, you're gonna want to focus on a few campaigns or just one at a time to achieve effectiveness and a chance to accomplish something.

Member of The BlackHand Order

They actually said that a character will be locked into a specific Campaign (Be it through hard locks of enforced rules or soft locks on discouraging Campaign hopping).  It is item #16 in their Campaign FAQ.  You can use Ctrl + F, type in "locked" to jump to that question.

Modules will most likely bring problems with them.  Not all players will agree on all the modules (Specific, special Rulesets).

I think the best way to approach these is by polishing the attributes to create a healthy and consistent vanilla Module (I will use vanilla Module to refer to a Campaign without a Module).  I would also prefer that campaign using Modules be of significantly shorter length at the game's launch, since we need to test them before they become viable means towards gaining materials.  I do not wish to have players exploiting specials rules to milk on materials.

Modules are definitely the key to bringing spice to the game once it begins to settle down (But not before it manages to settle down, otherwise the game's design will become pure chaos, and not controlled chaos).  Just like the OP pointed out, we don't want to pressure players to join many different modules, the Campaigns should not differ too greatly because otherwise players will be unable to communicate and strategize cross-Campaign.  Character slot limits shouldn't limit a player's ability to play across all the different available Module variations, and players should also not be forced to run multiple characters to experience all the different module types.

By making different module types few at a time, players will not feel pressured to have many characters to be part of all the different modules, and the players will more easily be able to create a meta game in an environment where the laws of the world stay for the most part consistent.

Now, if people are concerned about Module experimentation, these can still take place while maintaining module harmony in Crowfall.  Just make the iterations of more extreme modules such as flying Mounts, exploding Guineceans, and no Friendly Fire non-lucrative and purely for testing purposes (No loot for your EK).  If a module merits implementation by passing the popularity and viability checklist, it will become a standard module and make it to the game for all players to get materials from.

Edited by sneaky_squirrel

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

My only concern will be in keeping guild populations together, especially at launch. What if you have a community of say......150 people. What happens if only 100 make it into the campaign and the population caps out? Will you be given a certain amount of time to withdraw at campaign launch, like an initial grace period without incurring some sort of penalty and be able to join a new campaign within the same ruleset?

Edited by armegeddon

Like if I have my max character slot filled in campaigns and a new one that I would like to try or join?

Try finishing one campaign at a time, and then moving on to the next. The game design intention is not for you to log into a series of different campaigns for a couple of hours each like some kind of immortal godsworn barhopper. When you join a campaign you're in for the duration- try to accomplish something meaningful and see it through to the end.

If you join a campaign which is completely wrong for you for whatever reason, you can leave that character idle and log into a different character to join a different campaign. But if you've done that 3 times already before the first campaign has finished, the problem is with you, not the game.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

They actually said that a character will be locked into a specific Campaign (Be it through hard locks of enforced rules or soft locks on discouraging Campaign hopping).  It is item #16 in their Campaign FAQ.  You can use Ctrl + F, type in "locked" to jump to that question.

I just had misinterpreted that when I read it the first time, my mistake. Though I do prefer that kind locked system.

Leaving a campaign should be a hard choice. If you had dedicated so much time into one campaign you shouldn't feel compelled to leave, you should have built in a real attachment to that campaign that makes it difficult to want to leave. Let it be your rewards, friends you may have made or been playing with or your guild. I don't think there will be too many consecutively running campaigns per band (God's Hand, Dregs, etc.) at start either, just to make sure that campaigns get filled up.

Although modules are meant to spice up the game from one campaign to the next, they shouldn't be the reason why you play, or why you should quit. Unless it's really that bad and no one is having any fun.

My only concern will be in keeping guild populations together, especially at launch. What if you have a community of say......150 people. What happens if only 100 make it into the campaign and the population caps out? Will you be given a certain amount of time to withdraw at campaign launch, like an initial grace period without incurring some sort of penalty and be able to join a new campaign within the same ruleset?

I mean, they seem like they are going to balance campaigns sort of how a normal MMO would add more servers. I don't imagine you having trouble getting your zerg guild in a campaign together. That said, I would feel a little abandoned if 140 people suddenly disappeared from my faction because ten people couldn't get in and I started at a disadvantage.

I think giving an "easy out" if they ARE creating a "lock in" feature encourages abandonment. I mean its only a few months, cmon now. 

Deadman; FIGHTER OF THE LIFE MAN, ooooAAAAH AHHHHH! CHAMPION OF THE... Oh. That's not how it goes...

http://www.twitch.tv/alt_delete - Alt Delete Gaming: Lose Ctrl.