TullyAckland

01/13/15 - City Siege Concept

01/13/15 - City Siege Concept

For our second update, we have a concept by Lead Artist, Dave Greco. You may have seen a small sneak peak previously.

This is actually the second image we are releasing from the "Banner Concepts" series. The first was the 'explosive rune', which you can find toward the bottom of the website homepage. 

The goal of the series was to create a number of unique images, each of which capture a single moment of gameplay. These images were not intended to be generic; we built these scenes using our characters, in our environments, acting within the scope of our vision. A single Banner Concept is the end result of numerous ideas, discussions, illustrations and sketches compiled over the last year (or so) of pre-production.

While each image was crafted to detail a single element of the Crowfall experience, the goal of the Series is to present a more complete picture.  By combining all of the Banners together, you, the community, should have a feeling for the focus, tone and the scope of the overall game .

Crowfall_CitySiegeConcept.jpg

More to come...

Looks awesome, looks like everybody's suspicions about this being a pvp game were right.

I'm very looking forward the seeing huge guilds raid opposing castles riding wyverns (Or they maybe griffons? :huh: ).

Look like Griffin/LOTR style eagles to me

Wow i hope that this game will be really cool and not the classic WoW Killer pay to win or you are die! I like the concept of city

Nice to see sieges will def be in the game. And yea something birdlike is def flying out thar in the clouds. Personally i love flight it adds a level of immersion that i am really in love with so we will see if you can actually ride on some of those creatures or what. I think its a really cool idea about the banner concept as well. Kinda piece it all together. I really cant wait to test this game out!

What I can't get over is the size of the battle depicted...that looks huge. Makes me even more curious about the size of guilds and the scope of the battles...this picture really changes my sense of the gameplay, in terms of the scale of it. Which is not a bad thing, I just had a different impression in mind, in terms of the nature of battles in open world pvp...i guess a lot of it gets down to: how common are sieges? are they the primary kind of battle, or less frequent than that? 

anyway, this is extremely helpful, thanks for these.

Just a little clarification on this image. Is this a in game screen shot or is this  concept art? Either way it looks fantastic and realistic enough for me ( as that was my main concern with the image on the mainpage )

Wow i hope that this game will be really cool and not the classic WoW Killer pay to win or you are die! I like the concept of city

The scale of it does look quite massive so hopefully thats the case, So many games give you just a few walls and maybe a keep lord and dare call it a castle or keep.

The scale of it does look quite massive so hopefully thats the case, So many games give you just a few walls and maybe a keep lord and dare call it a castle or keep.

this image makes me even more interested in hearing from the shadowbane folks...curious to know more about sieges in SB, how they worked, what they would have liked to see improved...and whether or not this image meets some of those expectations. 

Just a little clarification on this image. Is this a in game screen shot or is this  concept art? Either way it looks fantastic and realistic enough for me ( as that was my main concern with the image on the mainpage )

This was a concept art piece to give us a visual goal for what we are shooting for. :)

Okay, some assumptions to be made here, information to be inferred.

First assumption, these are player-made cities. Secondly, these are PvP attacks. Thirdly, siege engines are player buiilt. Are they manually loaded, with limited ammo that has to be physically transported for the attack?

Also... I do see debris from the tower being hit... is this just a graphical FX or does falling debris damage?

Hmmm...

Also, nighttime. Confirmed day/night cycle? 

Edited by unknownxv

this image makes me even more interested in hearing from the shadowbane folks...curious to know more about sieges in SB, how they worked, what they would have liked to see improved...and whether or not this image meets some of those expectations.

You can still check out either SBEMU or Magicbane to see what it was like. Sort of.... Sieges/banes could easily rally 200 people at a time.

Edited by vegas

I love sieges, cant wait for more info about this.

Yah I like the idea of sieges, I wonder where they will go with it next, can't wait for more! And does anybody else see the winged beasts that are flying or is that me?