Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

01/13/15 - City Siege Concept

The three silhouettes in the distance to me seem like the following:

Left shape implies a raptor striking at prey below.  This is done outside the castle.  These are defensive beasts, not "siege" dragons (I think).

Right shape implies feathers, not reptilian aesthetics (Not gecko like).  I am assuming these are Griffins.

The black dots near the "Crowfall Logo" look like scattered squads of players likely to be targeted by the two archers in the foreground (Sexy).

I don't see how this will translate to a game, never seen a scene like this in an MMO before, pretty illustration though.

Barely any information,  just how I like it.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

On a day which isn't today! 

Not what I wanted to hear! Wasn't really worried about characters and PvP. That's all guaranteed. I need to know about systems. Resource control, political warfare, economic warfare. All the things that make the rest of the game worthwhile. The things you do when you're not beating someone's head in.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Thank God!  In reference to hearing more about sieges from the Shadowbane folks they are what made Shadowbane standout different from every other game in the mmo world.   The world in which what you do and say to your opponent directly affect you, is one i want to be apart of. 

On a day which isn't today! 

you are cruel, sir...cruel indeed

trolling the helpless with your smug inner Knowledge....

we heathens are dying of thirst out here....and only YOU folks can slake such by drenching us in the waters of Info

and if you don't...i'll gank this puppy...

just think of the puppies, ffs

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Not what I wanted to hear! Wasn't really worried about characters and PvP. That's all guaranteed. I need to know about systems. Resource control, political warfare, economic warfare. All the things that make the rest of the game worthwhile. The things you do when you're not beating someone's head in.

Can't give everything away for free the first day.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Can't give everything away for free the first day.

but ...but ...i'll PAY

hey, i won a lot of quatloos in another Thread...

this is just making me hungrier for MOAR INFO

whicih is exactly what the cruel trolls at CF headquarters wanted...dammit

but, they are safe from the trebuchets...yer olde Doc is pleased...

for now

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

No real surprises here. Sieges confirmed is all I'm really getting from this.

The only other piece would be the flying beasts, wyverns? Gryphons? Dragons? Not sure but if we take the image literally, we'll be able to use creatures in sieges someway. Air support in an mmo sounds badass.

If only there was a giant countdown that would let us know when we could expect a big announcement...

The Sundered Guard-"Nature's Sword, the People's Shield"-Ranger's Brotherhood of Shadowbane, Mourning Server

Listen to CrowCast-A Crowfall Podcast
Crowfall1_zps3d24a64d.jpg

I'm almost ashamed that siege warfare is getting less attention than character style and customization.  We are all a bunch of freaking carebears!  :angry:

So I see large scale siege, with trebs/siege equipment, walls, and what appear to be siege pets (griffons/dragons).

What am I missing?

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

I'm almost ashamed that siege warfare is getting less attention than character style and customization.  We are all a bunch of freaking carebears!  :angry:

So I see large scale siege, with trebs/siege equipment, walls, and what appear to be siege pets (griffons/dragons).

What am I missing?

Well, it's night-time...so it appears there's a day/night system. And possibly weather.

And fire. Nailed it.

this image makes me even more interested in hearing from the shadowbane folks...curious to know more about sieges in SB, how they worked, what they would have liked to see improved...and whether or not this image meets some of those expectations. 

If I get a chance over lunch or after work, I'll type up something to give an idea of what it was/is like.

Old school banes are quite a bit different than banes as they exist now. Overall same idea, but there are some distinct differences.

The SB devs that are involved with this are from the old school devs on SB so that is why it may be good to take a look at what SB sieges were like from before.

C4sIZDW.gif

This is certainly something closer to my likening.

It's certainly very reassuring that the idea of large scale warfare and sieges are being heavily emphasized from the start. Hope to see and read more about this aspect of the game.

+1

P.S. In the next update I'd love to see some snip information about economy. Something that'd hint at whether it'll be an important aspect of the game and player crafters and merchants will be able to play an important role in the game.

Edited by nefastus

What am I missing?

As far as the art style, the more I think about it, the more I'm ok with the comic-book direction.  Reason being performance.  If they're wanting to deliver massive sieges of the scale hinted at in the concept art teaser, I'd rather take a sacrifice to the graphics in favor of performance. 

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png