Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

01/13/15 - City Siege Concept

Nice art!  Hmm...  teensy bit intimidated but still intrigued.  It looks pretty awesome but seiges could be overwhelming for us loner types.  I may just try the beta. 

Really?  A single picture which is 100% concept art and literally says nothing about the game?  Ugh....

It's a clue.  They said they were going to drop a clue and the picture holds so many clues actually that it's now up to five pages of rampant speculation.  The devs are playing this speculation game very deftly, which, frankly, I find promising as pertains to their skill in creating said game.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

Lot of aspects show in the image which is nice for an early image.

Archers could be a class, could be guards, or could be siege weapons.  Clearly trebs or another siege weapon firing.  Looks like the city has different levels - the height of the structures look different.

Very excited.

HfLOYLH.png

Sieges will be great if done right.  I think it would be really cool if a siege could cause the defenders to surrender and bend knee to the attackers and join their cause or allow them to give up gold or some other resources in order to negotiate an end to the siege.  

I want to know if there will be a class with magic. I like to play mmos with magic for example wizard101 and neverwinter dungeon and dragons.

Going from the other thread of released information I can almost guarantee there will be mages in the game and also there has been many Wizard 101 players in the forums over the past couple of days.

I just want Trebs man.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

I am very excited about all of this, thanks to SB players, we're having here more amazing info and ways to understand better the things that are new to some of us. Idc how long it will take them to get us in beta, all I can say I WILL be THERE!

Thanks to Devs for the concept art, but

HUGE thanks to SB players for sharing their knowledge! (waiting on beta will be even harder for me now!)

01/13/15 - City Siege Concept

For our second update, we have a concept by Lead Artist, Dave Greco. You may have seen a small sneak peak previously.

This is actually the second image we are releasing from the "Banner Concepts" series. The first was the 'explosive rune', which you can find toward the bottom of the website homepage. 

The goal of the series was to create a number of unique images, each of which capture a single moment of gameplay. These images were not intended to be generic; we built these scenes using our characters, in our environments, acting within the scope of our vision. A single Banner Concept is the end result of numerous ideas, discussions, illustrations and sketches compiled over the last year (or so) of pre-production.

While each image was crafted to detail a single element of the Crowfall experience, the goal of the Series is to present a more complete picture.  By combining all of the Banners together, you, the community, should have a feeling for the focus, tone and the scope of the overall game .

Crowfall_CitySiegeConcept.jpg

More to come...

I hope this is not a old republic type game where you have to click 1-9 buttons to fight, but looks like it wont be like that, and the art style is magnificent I only wish for a beta possibly maybe 

I hope this is not a old republic type game where you have to click 1-9 buttons to fight, but looks like it wont be like that, and the art style is magnificent I only wish for a beta possibly maybe 

The beta is still pretty far. But I know we're all anxious about it! ^-^

This was a concept art piece to give us a visual goal for what we are shooting for. :)

this combined with the character build screen looks good.

I like the balance; anatomically scaled properly without being overly cartoonish.

Sieges will be great if done right.  I think it would be really cool if a siege could cause the defenders to surrender and bend knee to the attackers and join their cause or allow them to give up gold or some other resources in order to negotiate an end to the siege.

Ooorrrr... The Attackers can completely raze and destroy the city!

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Is it okay to presume that firepower is maybe cannons or is that some magic?

I would say it is probably Trebuchets, which is not really new SB had them back in the day and GW2 has them now.

Well said, Phylor.

wait ...isn't that akin to saying "nice algebra Caliman"?

ok, that might be harsh...

i keed, i keed.....

i'm just SO happity we have sieges confirmed i can barely contain myself

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

oooooh been so long since I burned a city down and enjoyed the incoherent ramblings about numbers, zergs, hax, my lil undead heart goes pitter patter!

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg