Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

01/13/15 - City Siege Concept

oooooh been so long since I burned a city down and enjoyed the incoherent ramblings about numbers, zergs, hax, my lil undead heart goes pitter patter!

take it out of that jar on the mantle and you might hear it better....

just sayin'...

/hides

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

take it out of that jar on the mantle and you might hear it better....

just sayin'...

/hides

Excelsior!

As you know we undead have given our souls to The Old Grey One...Myrkul

We fully intend to harvest yer souls to bring forth the Lord of Death to reign enternal.

oh...I wonder if there is a undead race class.

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

and you know we Shades have no "souls"...so there is that....

i am SO looking forward to this

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

Ooorrrr... The Attackers can completely raze and destroy the city!

Well yeah.  I just think that if there are more options than: everything is completely destroyed, it will add a little depth to the political games.  

When will we be able to down load the game to start testing it out?

whay ...yer not in game?

wow, yer missing it mang, they just gave out all types of one of a kind stuff, and everyone got a pony!

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

You don't have to wait until dragons are domesticated before you start building defensively for them. They're more than capable of razing and destroying our unprotected down on their own. See: Smaug.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

You don't have to wait until dragons are domesticated before you start building defensively for them. They're more than capable of razing and destroying our unprotected down on their own. See: Smaug.

amd he took a City built inside of a mountain ffs!

c whut i did that?

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

MMMK  interesting.  The concept pic does give us a few clues.  Not really into siege type combat but I can live with it.  (Prefer Battle field type)  The rebuilding is a pain.

This isn't how any games do it actually. Literally every MMO launch in the past 5 years has had more information than Crowfall by this point (being closed beta on the horizon). The closest thing to this was the Secret World which had a long campaign offering no tangible information before launch, but they did that years before and only to excite fans of their other games. By the time it was anywhere near approaching beta there was a core set of systems explained and the design aims were well known. 

As for the second bit: that's exactly what I intend to do if actual information isn't released. However, given how easy it would be for developers to remedy this there's no reason it needs to occur. 

*rises brow* Are you... comparing TSW pre-launch ARG games with this one? Amusing... It is not even apples and oranges. I see only one common feature: we have to seek answers with given clues. TSW and CF developers compared have very different approach to everything about information on their game. And we have so much more info on CF while TSW following had none in 2007, rather lore-based ARG.

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

When will we be able to down load the game to start testing it out?

1 post to say this LOL ... you haven't read a single thread a bit of information here yet have you? 

We all already are playing the game silly, it's called rampant speculation which is a explained a a little bit on the front page.

Are those my Aracoix flying over the battlefield?  ...really long-legged Aracoix with possible prehensile tails?   :P  I dunno.  To this day I still want what the SB intro promised my feathered friends, the ability to swoop down with a weapon and do battle from the air.  

Looks like a lot of fun potential.  A night-siege lit by the moon and fires of destruction, the view inhibited partly by the smoke from burning buildings... Interesting possibility!!!  Will the state of the siege environment come into play to help or hurt the attackers and defenders? :)

Also I assume there will be Trebuchets.  We cannot have a siege game without my beloved tasty Trebuchets.  

wwsigcrowfall.jpg
                         ~For the Honor and Memory of Ahz Badaxe~