Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

immersive bodily functions

blazinzero

it's weird how bleeding is represented readily in most of these games, but no other functions of the human body are. people get tooth aches and have to pee but none of these things are ever represented in games.  just makes the world so 'gamey' and uninspired.

we need to do things like represent menstrual cycles and perhaps catch an occasional flu. do eagles not molt occasionally? let's enjoy the weaknesses of being mortal, together.

j6CmSi3.png

It's called the fun factor OP, nobody wants to deal with that bs in a game. You think I want to log into a vidya game to take my mind off my massive cramping, and relive my menstrual cycle through pixels? There's not enough Aleve in the world to deal with that poorly made socks.

-headlight

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Eh, diseases and injuries and stuff could work fine in a sort of Ironman Survival mode.

If they went with your suggestion... well... I'd feel bad for the crafters who've got to supply their guilds with enough tampons to last through a siege -.-

I'm all for this.

More suggestions:

All in-game actions have realistic time requirements. Such as building a castle should take 100s of players and many years to complete.

Swinging a sword for a bit leaves arms tired and players have to take a nap or eat an energy bar. IcyHot would also help.

Fireballs shooting out of hands leaves them burnt and requiring first aid.

Shoe tying mini-game.

Not flossing results in tooth aches, resulting in visiting a dentist.

Cars, because getting around on horse is too slow.

Guns because arrows don't make cool loud noises.

I'll think up some more later.

Honestly not sure who is wasting their time more, I want to say OP, but I know it is me.  :rolleyes:

Eh, diseases and injuries and stuff could work fine in a sort of Ironman Survival mode.

If they went with your suggestion... well... I'd feel bad for the crafters who've got to supply their guilds with enough tampons to last through a siege -.-

This...totally sent me into a laughing fit.

I award thee +1 internets good sir.

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

Having things that makes you not be able to play your character is just a big no no, having a body heat might be a thing where humans get colder faster than f.x. centaurs but in return they get hotter faster. What does it do if you are hotter or colder, maybe slow your movement speed or drain your mana or health, those are things you need to consider before heading into battle or heading out to gather resources, imagine a bloody battle in the desert, centaurs would be at a disadvantage do to the heat and in return if it was a snowy plane humans would be. Going to get that rare matirial in the desert well make sure you rest before you head out.

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

Toothache debuff that comes from eating too much candy. Candy would give useful buffs but too much would give the character a debuff that would distract them in battle. If they kept on doing it their teeth would fall out and they wouldn't be able to eat and would starve unless they equipped dentures.

let's enjoy the weaknesses of being mortal, together.

Crows aren't mortal. They're already dead.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Can we finally get rid of these clowns, please?

I get that people aren't a fan of the amount of noise in this subforum, but isn't making whatever suggestion that comes to mind, no matter how silly it may seem, part of the crowd-sourced collaborative process?

Do you really to set the precedent that people can get banned for posting too many suggestions in the suggestion forum?

[...]

Do you really to set the precedent that people can get banned for posting too many suggestions in the suggestion forum?

Yes.

If suggesting covering defection in Crowfall should be considered a valid suggestion and not an indication of mindless clowning so should be getting rid of the clowns :P

We are the immortal titans of the gods... sent forth to salvage and recover what we can from the dying worlds. Whether it be for personal or communal gain.

That said, I can only get behind illness and bleeding/broken bones. Defecation, although hilarious, can become a tedious bore and is sometimes difficult to balance...

Too much custa.. I mean feces, can lead to area clutter and just look... silly.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium