Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eldreth

Speculation Thread 1/13/15

imo...arrow is for next page...

dots is fer gender

yer welcome....

Excelsior!

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I COULD be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. But I do not think I'm wrong. Why? Because the archetypes are represented by portraits, not symbols. It's counter-intuitive to represent a class by a portrait that may not even represent the character you are building.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I COULD be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. But I do not think I'm wrong. Why? Because the archetypes are represented by portraits, not symbols. It's counter-intuitive to represent a class by a portrait that may not even represent the character you are building.

au contraire mon frere...

2 dots under the portrait as opposed to an arrow off to the side

in human interface terms, it indicates what i typed....but i do agree, we shall have ot wait and see, eh?

bet meh a quatloo?

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

It looks more like those 2 dots correspond to a 2-page character creation process,  They white dot indicates you are on the first page.  After clicking on the arrow the second dot will be white instead.

Look at the dots in the attributes section.  The dots represent that character has 2 white dots under Strength to indicate he has 2 out of 10 possible Strength.

IhhQKY6.gif

Below all the archetypes, we see something called "creation points". I have absolutely no idea what these are used for: there's no other clues that relate to this. It seems interesting though: perhaps creating a character comes at a cost?

My guess is that the game contains permadeath with a limit of N (30 in this example) times to create a new character. In this case having preset chars makes sense. Doing a classical freeform character config for the Nth time gets old soon.

i think there will be a cooking skill and you eat food........................... suprise!

and warmth conversion to transfer heat when you hug someone to death in this cute game

That was my guess on warmth conversion. 

I plan to hug as many people to death as I can!  Even if it's one at a time! :blink:

Oh and hello everyone.  I'm new around these parts. ;)

acidon_sig_183x47_01.png

I'm hoping that the "Warmth Conversion" and "Hunger Resistance" are both for a dangerous world as well as sieging forts/castles/garrisons and the like.  Overall we can make tons of guesses and will just have to wait to be told, but this is my hopes for these stats. 

Here's an idea. And again, pure, rampant speculation. What if you choose an archetype from the base lists. The base archetypes are just templates with random genders, stats, features.

You then use your "Creation Points" when forming your character to basically make ALL of your other character creation choices. Maybe there's something to spend the points on to choose your gender, your spec, your background, your skills. e.g., maybe you pick up a 'Templar' background to gain a healing spell (or line of spells). Or 'Daughter of a High Lord' background to choose your gender and backstory. All these things could be weighted with different costs (and different perks).

just an Eldreth

"Warmth conversion" = amount of warmth you get out of food, staving off hypothermia. "Hunger Resistance" = how long it takes you to get hungry, or perhaps the amount to which hunger debuffs affect you.

On that note...

"A game of hot and cold." Speculate away, ladies and gents.

Edited by txteclipse

The crest on the shield in the preview looks the same as one of the "faction" banners, I would like seeing guild crests like that.

Invincibility lies in the defence, the chance of victory; in the attack.

Fire and Ice damage/resistance? So I could get enough Fire resistance that I could light myself on fire and be unaffected? Probably not, but it sounds magical to me and this witch is just fine with magic.

Dang you're an Icy Witch.

Here's an idea. And again, pure, rampant speculation. What if you choose an archetype from the base lists. The base archetypes are just templates with random genders, stats, features.

You then use your "Creation Points" when forming your character to basically make ALL of your other character creation choices. Maybe there's something to spend the points on to choose your gender, your spec, your background, your skills. e.g., maybe you pick up a 'Templar' background to gain a healing spell (or line of spells). Or 'Daughter of a High Lord' background to choose your gender and backstory. All these things could be weighted with different costs (and different perks).

That would make sense, if you have to buy your gender via a trait.  That would explain why visual customizations would be on the same page as the page where you presumably spend your points.  Certainly would be unique and different, and if that were to be the case, I'd need to see it in beta to form an opinion.  Interesting thought nonetheless though.

Creation points are likely the points you have to spend on your character's stats..

This.

As similar as this customization screen looks to SB's you will have the option to at the very least do some hair/face/tattoo/body color customization(all this was in SB, not bad for its time) and the Creation points are used to boost your Strength Dex, etc,

X6RBqg7.gif

exactly, i can't see a game which would make you pay out a creation point to be a female. in all probability its merely a pool for attribute points and maybe resistances etc

b7xcsz.jpg

Creation points are likely the points you have to spend on your character's stats..

That was my initial idea. But wouldn't it make more sense in that case to put the creation points under the right panel? The way they are placed now hints at being true 'creation' points, not 'config' points. I could be wrong ofcourse, time will tell.

The black cross on red button, is that a 'cancel' or a 'delete' button? I.a.w: can we make multiple chars? As an altaholic I hope we can.

This seems like a great idea. Perhaps you'll be able to take on character flaws to get more creation points too.

For me, I sincerely hope there is no requirement to keep warm or to eat food on a regular basis. Feel it adds an unnecessary complexity to the game, but this is just one man's opinion.  

Throw me to the Wolves

and I will return leading the Pack.