Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Argasoth

Artcraft get a free HTC Vive, I mean why not?!

Still dodging questions. I'm done.

He can't answer the questions because it would require him being honest. It might be best to leave him to his delusions.

He can't answer the questions because it would require him being honest. It might be best to leave him to his delusions.

Whether you like it or not VR is going to be an integral part of Crowfall, since ACE has promised VR support. Which is why it's important to point out things like Valve's offer of a free Vive development kit, to father facilitated the advancement of VR within Crowfall. With time, as consumer ready VR headsets become available, you might even start to why VR players will have unprecedented advantages in PVP combat.

Whether you like it or not VR is going to be an integral part of Crowfall, since ACE has promised VR support. Which is why it's important to point out things like Valve's offer of a free Vive development kit, to father facilitated the advancement of VR within Crowfall. With time, as consumer ready VR headsets become available, you might even start to why VR players will have unprecedented advantages in PVP combat.

Answer the questions, zealot.

Edited by WreckYoSelf

Answer the questions, zealot.

I've already gone into considerable detail as to why VR players will have an advantage in Crowfall. It's just unfortunate that you haven't yet made the connection between a more immersive gameplay experience and a more dynamic PVP battlefield, where the situational awareness of VR players will result in new strategies and tactics that will turn the tide of countless battles in the future. So basically, Crowfall is going to become quite the significant game, as the world’s first VRMMORPG; all thanks to ACE’s promise of VR support.

I've already gone into considerable detail as to why VR players will have an advantage in Crowfall. It's just unfortunate that you haven't yet made the connection between a more immersive gameplay experience and a more dynamic PVP battlefield, where the situational awareness of VR players will result in new strategies and tactics that will turn the tide of countless battles in the future. So basically, Crowfall is going to become quite the significant game, as the world’s first VRMMORPG; all thanks to ACE’s promise of VR support.

So you are delusional and you are choosing to ignore the rational arguments of others.

Sad :(

So you are delusional and you are choosing to ignore the rational arguments of others.

So are you saying he needs to check himself before he wrecks himself?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'm simply saying that VR players will have an advantage in PVP combat, the benefit of immersive VR gameplay. Don't act surprised that VR is quite literally a game changer; VR will make Crowfall a MMMORPG like no other. Just imagine, the world's first VRMMORGP, these are exciting times to be a gamer.

So, will CF work with my CastAR with VR attachment?

Only ACE can comment for sure on the number of VR headsets Crowfall will support at launch. With that said, I find unlikely that CastAR will work with Crowfall. As a piece of hardware CastAR is an AR device first and a VR device second, dedicated VR systems like the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift will greatly outperform CastAR when they are released in the coming months. So, if you want to play Crowfall in VR a HTC Vive or the consumer version of the Oculus Rift would be your best bet right now. Personally, I'm favouring the HTC Vive as the better VR headset; Valve's Steam VR software should provide a higher quality experience.

Edited by Kintor

I'm simply saying that VR players will have an advantage in PVP combat, the benefit of immersive VR gameplay. Don't act surprised that VR is quite literally a game changer; VR will make Crowfall a MMMORPG like no other. Just imagine, the world's first VRMMORGP, these are exciting times to be a gamer.

Only ACE can comment for sure on the number of VR headsets Crowfall will support at launch. With that said, I find unlikely that CastAR will work with Crowfall. As a piece of hardware CastAR is an AR device first and a VR device second, dedicated VR systems like the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift will greatly outperform CastAR when they are released in the coming months. So, if you want to play Crowfall in VR a HTC Vive or the consumer version of the Oculus Rift would be your best bet right now. Personally, I'm favouring the HTC Vive as the better VR headset; Valve's Steam VR software should provide a higher quality experience.

Well all VR are just projections. The CastAR VR clip just puts the projector reflected back into the users eyes. Guess I'll have to see. I know the CastAR is really light weight.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Kintor... you haven't told anyone how it will be a game-changer. "By providing a subtle-yet-dynamic difference" isn't a "how."

It's as if you were telling people you're going to make them a lot of money, and they were asking "How exactly are you going to do that?", and your response was "using a variety of methods that ensure greater profits instead of lesser profits."

Great. So how do those methods work?

You haven't explained anything, and you're acting as though that perfectly reasonable question is silly. Why are you acting like that? Others in the thread have taken the time to explain the cons of VR, and you just keep listing the alleged pros, without really explaining or detailing them. Do you think that's fair? That you owe people no explanation whatsoever, after they've taken the time to explain their own stance to you, and everyone should just take your vague, vague word for it?

The standing point isn't even that you're wrong, or that you don't know what you're talking about. It's that you have yet to produce any evidence or reasoning behind your claims of the benefits of VR to Crowfall.

Could you just... explain, in actual detail, how someone using VR will be able to out-fight someone using a mouse and keyboard? You can use examples.

Pleeeeease? *bats eyelashes*

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Well you'll notice he was never able to respond to me. Using rational comments from someone that understands the technology, it won't improve as fast as he thinks. I've seen the cutting edge, played with it, and frankly in a competitive PvP environment it just won't be there. Untill VR tech is to the full immersive total environment side where you literally can see in all directions and feel things actually hitting you, it will never be up to snuff. Competitive people will always go toward whatever gives them an edge, whatever is most efficient. VR won't be at the same level of efficiency for many years yet for competitive PvP.

...and no, a competitive PvP game designed specifically for VR won't count. FPS games? Hit or miss regarding VR, depending mainly on just how much you can see and how fast the response time is, current VR creates a lag time when interfacing against the regular keyboard/monitor players. Witnessed this several times and got people to stop using VR to stay competitive. Oh it isn't a huge lag time, you'll only notice it when two people pull the trigger at the same time, the one with VR will be read as pulling it later.

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

I almost answered for him, but I forgot I don't know how.

By now you really should have a better understanding of how VR players will gain an advantage during PVP combat. After all, VR technology continues to advance, with the consumer ready VR headsets set for release in the next few months being able to almost entirely eliminate any instances of motion sickness. This means there won't be any drawbacks to using VR at a competitive level, when VR players are able to experience Crowfall for as long as non-VR player, if not even longer when the VR headsets prove to be exceptionally comfortable to use for extended periods of time. This allows VR players to make the most of the immersive gameplay that only a VR headset can provide, resulting the in greater situational awareness which will prove to be key as VR players start to decide the outcomes of PVP battles in Crowfall.

Well all VR are just projections. The CastAR VR clip just puts the projector reflected back into the users eyes. Guess I'll have to see. I know the CastAR is really light weight.

If nothing else, it will be interesting to see just how versatile Crowfall can become as a VRMMORPG; where multiple VR headsets are supported at a competitive level. I think that the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift are already a given when it comes to VR support. Although, it would be good to see other more obscure hardware getting support as well. It remains to be seen just how far CastAR can be pushed to deliver a high-quality VR experience but that would require more support from developers and publishers. Regardless, it will be interesting to see which VR headset ultimately reigns supreme in this new era of gaming, since there isn't yet a universal standard for VR software or even a clear market leader at this point. VR is getting ready to make it’s big push across the world and I’m pleased that Crowfall will be a part of it.

Edited by Kintor

If I'm playing a game where other people would like to kill me, and I'm given a choice between:

☐ Forward field of vision only

☐ See people coming up from behind you

Which box should I check?

Force a third box that locks you into a close over the should view that would prevent you from being able to see people come up behind you for that tactical bonus.

Honestly though, if your playing competitively and are in it to win it, then it would make sense to pick the best option that gives you the greatest advantage. For those of us who enjoy immersion, I generally go for the first person view while I'm out and about wondering, but the moment I feel something is off, I go to third person.

As for the bonus of the VR I didn't back specifically for the VR alone, actually did it well before that. I like the idea of the game. I consider VR icing on an already delicious cake that is slowly being made before me. To that end though, I would expect them to play it smart and try to honor all their promises, and take steps necessary to do so early on as to shove a rather large sock into the masses mouth before they get uppity and throw fits of rage that is prone to happen on the internet.

Still haven't really explained how VR user will have an advantage though. Typically immersion and immersive gameplay isn't conducive to PvP and competitive environments. While its nice to have options on how to control our characters and how we view the game its just a simple fact of the matter that in PvP you want to use ones that give you the best ability to react to your surroundings.  You say you'll have better situational awareness yet for non-VR users they can simply look at the screen to see what is behind them and to the sides. Whereas a VR user as its in first person view will have to physically turn there head and/or the camera to see to the side and behind. That simple example clearly puts the VR user at a disadvantage in a chaotic PvP environment.

If everyone was forced to use first person view then sure, but it comes down to 1st person view vs 3rd person view and fact is 3rd person view will always have an advantage in PvP games.

Still haven't really explained how VR user will have an advantage though.

THEY JUST WILL, OK? GOD.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Why do you like VR Applejacks if they don't taste like VR apple?

:)

Seriously, Kintor... how many times can you claim "they wont' have any disadvantages, and they'll provide tons of advantages" without actually providing any specifics whatsoever? Not even an example?

I see no reason to do anything but ignore you in this thread until you spend what little effort is required to say "Here's how they'll provide an edge:"

You're not being a very good sport about this discussion, at all. I mean, if you can just tell people how good VR's going to be, then we can (by your same reasoning) just claim how bad it will be.

VR will be horrible, and it will take 70 seconds to do anything with VR. There. See? How? What do you mean "how?"? It will! That's all that matters!

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.