Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Starwars the old republic

Tipsy

So is anyone playing this?

Since there weren't really any games I played that either Tod or Gordon helped making,

I decided to give Starwars a try & since  I was enjoying the story I subscribed for a few months.

Even though at the core the game is nothing new..it is able to keep me entertained for now .

At first i was planning to go with dungeons and dragons ,but i find asking so much money for a dated game unreasonable & enjoyed the free trial of starwars much more.Try it (although i'm sure the free trial has some limitations, they always do)

I'm a republic jedi consular/seer on the EU Rp server Progenitor.

nice game, unrivalled video sequences, good stories, really good in nearly anything, spent a lot of time and money there for some years. i can recommend this game for most player types nearly unrestricted.

left finally because i couldnt bear the often so called "customer-repulse-service" or "C(are les)S-team" any longer. i would have to think very hard, to remember even one single problem, that has been solved properly (if at all). and i had a few and heard about a lot. but that may be a problem of localization or i am just the biggest jinx.

as gordon walton said: they know the bad companys (referring to localization). i take this as a good sign and keep hoping that they will find a different solution for crowfall. because if we get the same CS team for crowfall-- good night irene. 

Edited by Dr. Kraahk

Swtor is the best single player RPG disguised as a MMO ever made. I played from early Beta (All the way to Alderaan!) through two years of release.  Gave my account away to a friend to put it down for good.

Play all the single player campaigns.  I'd rank them as follows:

Jedi Knight

Sith Warrior

Operative

Smuggler

Trooper
Bounty Hunter

Consular

Inquisitor

Most flash points are worth doing, the Operations are fun enough to do once on Story Mode... after that there really isn't enough to do.

You can actually play all the single player stories without paying anything... its just slower without all the convenience perks paying gives you.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

You can actually play all the single player stories without paying anything... its just slower without all the convenience perks paying gives you.

It aint gonna be all that much slower starting in a few days. From May 4th until "Fall", story missions give 12x xp, and like 8x as many commendations. (Meaning you can level exclusively doing them)

Edit: Source

Edited by Hi!

The game is a lot of fun and my main MMO in a time where none really fulfill all my wishes. Of the theme park WoW-type games, I consider it the best, though I am biased because of BioWare and Star Wars.

It aint gonna be all that much slower starting in a few days. From May 4th until "Fall", story missions give 12x xp, and like 8x as many commendations. (Meaning you can level exclusively doing them)

Only subscribers get that boost.

The game is a lot of fun and my main MMO in a time where none really fulfill all my wishes. Of the theme park WoW-type games, I consider it the best, though I am biased because of BioWare and Star Wars.

Only subscribers get that boost.

Worth subscribing and playing all 8 stories to completion.  Skipping the side quests will speed it up and the voice acting, cut scenes, and stories are worth it.

nAd1VPD.png

From May 4th until "Fall", story missions give 12x xp, and like 8x as many commendations. (Meaning you can level exclusively doing them)

For everyone who likes SWTOR this is a great opportunity. I played with a x12 xp last year and it was a lot of fun. Alone and together with other people. Complete your class collection, experience the unknown stories, get your low-level charakters into the endgame. it is fast, it is fun, it is worth ist (and it is most likely, that you wont have to call support, so there should be no bigger problems ;) ).

12x xp on Monday! I have every class at 60 but I'm still going to roll some newbs with friends who never jumped on the Star Wars train. 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Swtor is the best single player RPG disguised as a MMO ever made. I played from early Beta (All the way to Alderaan!) through two years of release.  Gave my account away to a friend to put it down for good.

Play all the single player campaigns.  I'd rank them as follows:

Jedi Knight

Sith Warrior

Operative

Smuggler

Trooper

Bounty Hunter

Consular

Inquisitor

Most flash points are worth doing, the Operations are fun enough to do once on Story Mode... after that there really isn't enough to do.

Interesting that you put Inquisitor last. That was my first character and the story got boring after the mid 30s, so I quit playing.

How much better are the other stories? I might give it another shot.

OJN1n7E.png

How much better are the other stories?

I think Inquisitor is almost universally panned. The cool-factor of the various stories are pretty vastly different. Which you'd like depends on what you like in star wars, really. Inq/Consular are very heavy on the Jedi/Sith lore stuff, which isn't for everyone. Knight/Warrior are classic Star Wars stuff. Both awesome. Operative is cloak and dagger spy stuff in space, Trooper is very rank and file military, but still pretty wicked.

Interesting that you put Inquisitor last. That was my first character and the story got boring after the mid 30s, so I quit playing.

How much better are the other stories? I might give it another shot.

The Inq story is awful compared to the rest.  The Jedi Knight is by far the most "heroic" and provides the Star Wars experience more than any other.

nAd1VPD.png

Seen the quality of the storymode, I went with 3 month sub which is about the price you'd pay for a game nowadays.(imo its worth the price of a game at least for that)We'll see from there ,if i still amuse myself after those 3 months..
Free to play,that cake is a lie.

Oh and Swtor has this cool pvp mode called starfighters,
where you fight as spaceships of different categories
SWTOR_Premium_Ships_Galactic-Starfighter
This is what I kinda meant with Rts-like unit diversity for the archetypes;
so there is no flavour of the month,or metabuilds.
Just different unit categories with different strengths and weaknesses,different kinds to satisfy different needs players might have.
The tutorial to starfighter is not enough to get the hang of it,aiming is quite hard.
But the second match I got lucky and won,more by distracting enemy ships than destroying them but yea :lol:

Maybe crowfall should have such a pvp mode called crowscrap
where you have to poop on the afflicted in enemy territory,steal as much shinies as you can :wub:

My jedi sage is lvl 16 so far.
But I think i'm gonna stick with that for now.
Although i was tempted to roll an alt,thorn between jedi knight  and smuggler
But smugglers have the best companion ever Bowwwww  :wub:
swtor_classe_franctireur_hd_6.jpg

I haven't played since launch. Well okay I lied. I played a little bit before the current expansion hit and had fun! I need to venture back in some day.

12x xp on Monday! I have every class at 60 but I'm still going to roll some newbs with friends who never jumped on the Star Wars train. 

please tell me yer a republic on prophesy of the five....so I can PK you

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

Oh and Swtor has this cool pvp mode called starfighters,

where you fight as spaceships of different categories

SWTOR_Premium_Ships_Galactic-Starfighter

This is what I kinda meant with Rts-like unit diversity for the archetypes;

so there is no flavour of the month,or metabuilds.

Just different unit categories with different strengths and weaknesses,different kinds to satisfy different needs players might have.

The tutorial to starfighter is not enough to get the hang of it,aiming is quite hard.

But the second match I got lucky and won,more by distracting enemy ships than destroying them but yea :lol:

Heard it was cool but lol at installing origin.

So far as i know i'm not using origin for swtor,it has its own launcher and everything.

The only problem i'm having so far is that all my naga mouse& keyboard bindings change randomly while playing swtor.

Very tricky while you are in a fight or group.The other day I couldn't even respond to a teammember ,even my escape button had a different menu attached to it all of a sudden..that aside,the game itself is tons of fun.

Pitty EU and US is separated in swtor ,otherwise i'd say lets get in touch y'all

Edited by Tipsy

My mains are Empire on Prophecy, but I'll be rolling my new republic guy there too :-) 

really

hmmmm

snidely_whiplash.jpg

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg