Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Customizing your kingdom: Official discussion thread

This update is amazing. My hype level is spiking like crazy. Not that it has dropped since I learned about this game in December ...  :lol:

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Yeah, this is absolutely fantastic. The RP potential as well as the integration into the economy and the like.. it's pretty much revolutionising player housing into a much bigger thing. That's if it works at least.

The only concern I have is with number 28 on the FAQ and people being able to just up and leave your kingdom whenever they like without cost. If you're trying to work an economy, that could be a little irksome. I'd suggest that the monarch's account should be inactive for a number of days before it's free to move away, and any other time it should incur a small cost to take your land back. That's just me, though. I'm sure it would work either way, just make it hard on the people that aren't good at keeping friends! (Which is a significantly higher number in a PvP game)

Thanks for the update!

I am still confused about how "the economy game" and "commerce" in the Eternal Kingdoms can coexist with "no direct impact on the campaign worlds."

Why would people get invested in crafting and commerce in a bubble that has no impact on the actual conflict that the game revolves around?

IhhQKY6.gif

Also, the Star Trek fan in me is totally okay with that reference. And clearly, Christopher Lloyd made the best Klingon ever. (Until Martok.)

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Hats off to these guys! Good stuff! After watching the video it makes me wish more than anything that a guild or an alliance can officially make one EK their guild city where crafting ECT takes place. Also it would be nice for each faction to somehow dedicate an EK as their factional city. I really want to see people come together and form a strong community!

That's if it works at least.

That's the biggest thing here. I am pretty sure that 99% of EK's will be empty and useless because top guilds will have everything in their EK's and those EK's will be "the place to be" and there won't be any reason to be in any of the other EK's.

7ug90hM.png

I don't see any mention of "unlocking" cells. Do we now start with the full 625 cells of wild territory available to drop parcels onto directly?

Other notes of interest:

* EK Tutorial confirmed
* Each cell is 200m by 200m, about 10 acres
* Max kingdom size is 25x25 cells, a little over 9 square miles.
* Concurrent player cap per kingdom is a function of kingdom development

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

That's the biggest thing here. I am pretty sure that 99% of EK's will be empty and useless because top guilds will have everything in their EK's and those EK's will be "the place to be" and there won't be any reason to be in any of the other EK's.

Don't see any issue with that. As the really interesting stuff is 'mobile', there is all the more reason to combine ressources as much as possible.

Thanks for the update!

I am still confused about how "the economy game" and "commerce" in the Eternal Kingdoms can coexist with "no direct impact on the campaign worlds."

Why would people get invested in crafting and commerce in a bubble that has no impact on the actual conflict that the game revolves around?

This.  

I might just upgrade my pledge. It's almost summer and kids can go without shoes in the summer. Right?

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on self-sufficiency as well. The one thing would obviously be a factor is variety. One EK may have this relic from a campaign, but it's not the one you need, so you find another EK that does have the relic you're seeking for that specific buff in the next campaign. Or one EK has this item you're looking for and the huge guild one doesn't deal in that. One EK sells items for a lot cheaper while another sells items for much higher. The large guild EK is cumbersome and crowded maybe, and the smaller EK is more streamlined to get you access to the vendored items. And those items are finite, unlike NPC vendors in most MMOs.

If that can be managed, then EKs will just basically be as economically competitive to each other and not boxed out to the biggest guild.

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

OK - apologies if this is already mentioned somewhere but if it is I'm not finding it.

The prebuilt structures that we're going to use in our EK's - do they have interiors as well?  I know that it seems logical that they should and that it's blindingly obvious that they would but I don't recall any interior shots of the EK buildings - or am I just a goofball and forgetting them?

Will we be able to go inside our structures and furnish them?  If so, can we do so freeform or is it a hook system.

In related news, thanks for the update!  Very thorough and I'm excited about the EK's possibilities!

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

and why shouldn't it be like that?

So,I might have misread something...they said the cash shop is open now right?

I was waiting for the news today to decide on my pledge amount. I have to say...i thought the warhammer online folks were passionate and had great ideas...but these artcraft folks seem to have em beat..and unlike the warhammer outfit..this looks like everything is falling into place quite nicely. Hats off to the lot of em!

Thanks for the update!

The EKs rely more on the Campaigns than the reverse.  Having a huge EK will not ensure a victory in any given campaign because of the Import rules, however Exports from the campaigns will be essential to building an EK.  Because there is no auction house people will need a market to exchange raw exported resources for finished products and EKs serve that function, and if you can get rich being the go to marketplace, why not. Again, those riches won't win you a campaign.  You might be able to gear out yourself and your friends in the best crafted gear, but that's only a modest advantage and only in campaigns that allow imports.

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?