Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Customizing your kingdom: Official discussion thread

Well if you lose interest quickly in a Campaign then doesn't really matter if you can get your stuff out of embargo or not, because you likely just don't like the game and should go elsewhere.

Lol that's kinda mean 8P..maybe I'm missing a part of the basic idea..am I to understand that once in a campaign you can't upgrade your armor,rather the upgrades have to go in your embargo...and you get to equip/use the gear once the campaign is over..if you win?

Or does armor and weapons not count as things that have to be embargoed? I dont think this is the case as there are campaigns you enter naked. If someone can clarify I would be most grateful.

Resource parcels that are adjacent to the stronghold have two affects

*effects

Nice guide! I'm pumped.

Lol that's kinda mean 8P..maybe I'm missing a part of the basic idea..am I to understand that once in a campaign you can't upgrade your armor,rather the upgrades have to go in your embargo...and you get to equip/use the gear once the campaign is over..if you win?

Or does armor and weapons not count as things that have to be embargoed? I dont think this is the case as there are campaigns you enter naked. If someone can clarify I would be most grateful.

Hard to say what the exact rule sets will look like. Regardless, you can of course manage your characters possessions in a campaign (be it finished goods or raw resources). Crafting and resource gathering are likely to be major campaign activities that will heavily influence the winners and losers of that campaign, providing better gear and utilities like siege equipment. The embargo from the FAQ, iirc, is for the transfer of goods only from the campaign to your EK. The import rule set is entirely something else. There are no restrictions as far as we know about what can be put in the embargo but I don't think the embargo (or items for that matter) have been fleshed out completely yet.

Questions for the devs...

Our your tax free parcels the Tetris pieces you refer to?

Do we get to choose the Tetris pieces that will be tax free?

If we all start with a 3x3 starting cell, but we have (as in the case of the big pledges) 300+ Tetris pieces, do we have to open the appropriate number of cells to place it all?

Can we get tax free (or non tax free) parcels from resources in game?

How does the medium fortification compare to the medium keep? How does the medium castle compare?

CF_Karg.png

This looks like it could get addictive in a simcity/cities skylines kind of way.

quote from the news article:

At some point (hopefully soon) we will be able to grant you an appropriate badge based on the total history of in-store purchases. The functionality isn't there yet, but it will be. 

Does anyone from ACE play paradox grand strategy games? If so you would notice in the paradox forum that under the user Icon of each user in the forums is a bunch of little forum badges that indicate what games and expansions the user has. 

If a user on CF can continue to get badges over the course of the life cycle of the game maybe that would be a good way to deal with all the badges.

maybe have a featured badge larger than the others then the rest are small/tiny?

in-game characters have "lemon" in the name in different variations.

I wonder most about how the size of the land will initially affect/limit  guilds.

Lets say a group of 5 friends start their EK and want to pool their land, is that possible right away? What about a group of 50?

If you can't pool land, but have to use the kingdom of the leader, will it be large enough to support the entire guild right away?

But I get a sense where this is going, Carcassonne V2.0 Online. I am super excited for the potential. 

Thanks to the staff for the Eternal Kingdom update, the information helped me make more sense of the EK's scale and how they will co-exist with the Campaign Worlds. I understand that the basic measurement for buildings are Lots and the basic measure of territory/land within Parcels is the Cell. The grid structure of a kingdom is straightforward. A Kingdom is a maximum 25 km/2 (5 km x 5 km) or 625 Cells. Each Cell is 625 (64 m/2) Lots or 4 hectares or approximately 10 acres. I also understand their are two types of Parcels, Stronghold and Resource. Resource Parcels are generally 1-4 Cells in size, are generally not for building, but add benefits to buildable Parcels. The Stronghold Parcels are buildable Parcels that include a stronghold structure and have areas for housing, marketplaces and other improvements. In the current FAQ the example is an "H" shaped 7 Cell Small Keep. In the Kickstarter Eternal Kingdom update the example given was an "S" shaped 7 Cell Mountain Citadel. 

My understanding is that each type of Stronghold Parcel has a different size and shape and that within each tier upgrades share the same size and shape but allow greater occupancy and more buildable area. Where I am getting confused is how a Keep and a Citadel can have the same 7 Cell size? And why the progression has changed from the Kickstarter and backer bundles to the new tiers of Estate, Fortification, Keep, Castle, Fortress, Citadel and Palace? There is no specific mention of the Cell sizes (numbers) of the different Stronghold tiers, nor how many cells will be in the "Tax Free Parcels" included in the Kickstarter and backer bundles. 

While there was previously no description of the available Stronghold tiers, the inclusion in the new FAQ of the Keep and Fortress tiers further separates the Gold and Amber packages from the Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald and those packages from the Diamond and Bloodstone. This new progression along with the unknown value of the Tax Free Parcels makes it difficult to evaluate whether or not to upgrade Kickstarter packages. 

Will there be any additional clarification on the Cell size / number of Cells in the Kickstarter and backer package Parcels before the upgrade opportunity ends in June so that we can make a more accurate assessment regarding purchasing an upgrade?

Edited by illuminist

Do buildings in a "Ruined state" actually appear ruined? If so, it would be really cool to see some strongholds left to intentionally be ruined (for interest why else).

That would be nice. And some monsters/animals that reclaim the land and that you would have to get rid of, before you can use it again, please. :D

maybe as replacement for lets say one level of rebuilding, if players think, this would be to hard. and with increasing danger, depending on the type of parcel. want to use your dwarven keep again? well, the dwarfs had the same thought and already do it. pay them or, uhm, well, you surely might find another way to drive them out. and be relieved that you havent got an imperial palace. this undead emperor, living there actually, really cant take a joke.

When PvP is enabled in an EK, can buildings be destroyed/restored? 

In this FAQ Picture you can see a checkbox "Allow destruction" in the Admin panel. So i would guess yes.

EK_KingdomBuilder_RC2.png

Can we get tax free (or non tax free) parcels from resources in game?

Stated somewhere in this Gold&Glory Podcast: tax-free parcels cant be built ingame. Normal parcels yes, with common resources, see FAQ, EK #6.

Edited by Dr. Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

It would seem to me that crafting can both be done in the EKs as well as the campaigns, the difference being one is permanent and one is not. And in the EK you would have the proper facilities, which you would need to build first in the campaign.

Say I craft myself an iron sword (with resources from previous campaigns) in my EK, I will be able to import it with me in my next campaign. There I will be able to use that iron sword. Then during the campaign, I collect resources and upgrade it to a steel sword. Then at the end of the campaign, I could place the steel sword in embargo and take it back to my EK. 

However, depending on your campaign result and the ruleset, you wont be able to take all items in embargo back with you. Also, consider that all equipment eventually irreparably break down, which means the value of each individual piece of equipment is lower. There will probably also be a limit to how much you can import, to prevent large kingdoms from gaining too much of a headstart, but I don't know the mechanics of that myself (if anyone does).

Umm, you might want to change that "game time" bit in the post (and in the store) to "VIP time"... some new people checking out the site might take it as a subscription instead, and that will cost you some players.

Edited by Tigerfox

Stupid like a fox!

Umm, you might want to change that "game time" bit in the post (and in the store) to "VIP time"... some new people checking out the site might take it as a subscription instead, and that will cost you some players.

I largely prefer "game time" over "VIP membership". I wish they would use VIP membership only to refer to Kickstarter / 2015 bundle and get rid of that name after. VIP for me is very immersion breaking and using that name in game would look weird imo. Also "Very Important Person" has a lot of real-life connotation (exclusive elitist club, high status and importance) that I would prefer Crowfall be exempt of. I know it's a name and it doesn't reflect how the users is treated, but it has an impact on people who read this and makes the bridge to P2W even shorter. Maybe it has some benefits that I'm not aware of so I'm not completely against VIP membership.

I largely prefer "game time" over "VIP membership". I wish they would use VIP membership only to refer to Kickstarter / 2015 bundle and get rid of that name after. VIP for me is very immersion breaking and using that name in game would look weird imo. Also "Very Important Person" has a lot of real-life connotation (exclusive elitist club, high status and importance) that I would prefer Crowfall be exempt of. I know it's a name and it doesn't reflect how the users is treated, but it has an impact on people who read this and makes the bridge to P2W even shorter. Maybe it has some benefits that I'm not aware of so I'm not completely against VIP membership.

I definitely understand what you are saying and think they could come up with something better than VIP membership, but I without a doubt think they should change it from "game time." I don't know a single person that would see that and not think it means pay to play monthly subscription.

I definitely understand what you are saying and think they could come up with something better than VIP membership, but I without a doubt think they should change it from "game time." I don't know a single person that would see that and not think it means pay to play monthly subscription.

I agree that game time might be confusing. I guess they picked VIP so it's easier for everyone to understand what it means.

Each person gets their own EK.

And each person can determine if their EK can be visited by others, etc.

What about guilds?    If a guild wants a centralized place for their guild members, does that mean that the GL ( or somebody within the guild ) has to give up/assign to guild members,  sections of their own EK in order to create a de-facto guild EK?

Each person gets their own EK.

And each person can determine if their EK can be visited by others, etc.

What about guilds? If a guild wants a centralized place for their guild members, does that mean that the GL ( or somebody within the guild ) has to give up/assign to guild members, sections of their own EK in order to create a de-facto guild EK?

Yes

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Question: Will there be a way to link individual kingdoms?

The FAQ goes at length to describe how you can authorize folks to be part of your kingdom (or you theirs,etc.), but will there be a way to identify kingdoms of different players under a common heraldry? ie. if 5 members of the same guild all have EK plots, it would be nice if they could make a hierarchical entity to connect them all...similar to the vassal system within each EK.

Also confused about the new breakdown. Is a Superlot = 1x1 Parcel? Cell = 25 1x1 Parcels? Kingdom = 15,625 1x1 Parcels? Or am I off? While a Parcel is a term for any combo of Superlots, just at the 1x1 level they are interchangeable?

I think what is throwing me off is the example of a Dwarven Keep being 7 Cell in size. Which I'm assuming means 7/25 of a Cell, which is a 7 piece Parcel made up of 7 1x1 Superlots/Parcels/Squares, not 175 Superlots... probably should go to sleep.

Let's see if I can find the hole in your logic (And not get my own mixed up as well).

25 Super Lots are indeed a Parcel.  But a Superlot does NOT equal a 1x1 Parcel.  Parcels are measured in Cells, therefore a 1x1 Parcel is measured as a 1 cell x 1 cell Parcel.

As for the Kickstarter rewards, I understood the Tax Free Parcels being given out as 1x1 Parcels, in other words, 9 Cells Total worth of Tax Free Parcels.

I also do not think you can mix tax free Parcels with non tax free Parcels to create tax free multicell Parcels (Parcels that are not 1x1, in cells).

From reading the new FAQ, I'm assuming resource parcels can no longer degrade and that instead now apply a tax cost to buildings inside Stronghold Parcels.  Buildings are now the only things that can degrade in the EK.  And buildings can only be placed inside Stronghold Parcels, not Resource Parcels.

Our definition of Tax Free Parcels is now invalid since Parcels can no longer degrade.

I am not even going to attempt to make sense of this.

ACE!  Please explain what the Kickstarter tax free Parcels are in terms of Stonghold Parcels and Resource Parcels.  Are they Stronghold Parcels in which buildings have no recurring maintenance costs, or are they resource Parcels that contribute no additional taxes to buildings inside Stronghold Parcels adjacent to the tax free Resource Parcels?

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.