Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

New Strongholds in Store

http://crowfall.com/#/store/kingdom

Interesting pricing, for all the addon items. It falls in line with around how much I thought everything would cost seperately.

We see a small keep, medium keep, and large keep. All are on a 300,000m^3 parcel, with the only difference seems to be the number of courtyards.

Are these the equivalent of anything on the kickstarter? (small castle, medium fortification, small fortification, etc)...or something completely new to go in line with the new video we saw announce? It looks like the same artwork.

What are your thoughts on the unbundled prices?

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

that seems....excessive...

I can understand a citadel or palace for $115...but a Keep?

As Spectre pointed out, We need to see how...err, I guess we don't even know the properties (internal size, bonuses like crafting speed or something, marketplace values) to really grasp if this is reasonable or not...

still, seeing how the order of stronghold progression is

EstateFortificationKeepCastleFortressCitadel and Palace.

and that Keeps are in the bottom half in the list... My first thought is that I don't like the pricing...that's a full game (at minimum) you could get instead

Edited by Avean

MMOs I've Played:

WoW (up to LichKing) - GW2 - FFXIV (Beta) - ESO (Beta)  - Wildstar - 

I would guess they are the Stronghold tier below the Castles awarded in the Kickstarter if I read the updated EK FAQ correctly.

Go to the EK FAQ and Ctrl + F "Stronghold".

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I would need to know, as you asked, how they measure up before I can create any realistic perspective on how reasonable the pricing is.

that seems....excessive...

I can understand a citadel or palace for $115...but a Keep?

All a matter of perspective, which is why I think clarification is needed. I don't mind there being 100, 200, 500$ EK purchases at all. There needs to be some level of high progression to get funding in, and the EK is the best place to monitize without breaking the campaigns and being called P2W. The whales are out there if enticed good enough.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

All a matter of perspective, which is why I think clarification is needed. I don't mind there being 100, 200, 500$ EK purchases at all. There needs to be some level of high progression to get funding in, and the EK is the best place to monitize without breaking the campaigns and being called P2W. The whales are out there if enticed good enough.

Im more for whats a good value to the consumer, while still giving money to the devs...

Seeing how large EKs can be...you can fit a lot (I'll try to get numbers later this weekend) of keeps and castles around...so imagine about 15 lands, at $75 each, thats $1150, for below-average items...not to mention no idea if they are affected by taxes or not

To randomly guess fair prices (again, little information given, so these can change based on what they provide) 

Keeps ~ $40

Castles ~$70

Fortresses ~ $100

Citadels ~ $150

Palaces ~$200+

anything below keeps I don't think will be hard to acquire in game, so no prices are really needed

Edited by Avean

MMOs I've Played:

Since we don't really have anything to compare them to, I can't tell if they're too expensive.

Looking at the video again it seems you can place...maybe around 4 or 5 buildings (if you don't use any other props) in each courtyard. So around 12 to 15 buildings in the large keep if you're willing to make if fugly. Plus whatever fits into "two medium sized villages".

Depending on what you need to get an EK running that might be hilariously little room or "quite a lot" for 115$.

Edited by DFDelta

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

Depends on the $ price to effort aquiring ratio.

For a game like Crowfall that is about long term play and EK being the resource and time sink I'd wager that the keeps will take several weeks to months to acquire. At that rate, seems fair.

They could also be selling other special parcels, villas and other "lot" items, as well as prop packs.

I understand they need to make money, but i'm not sure how i feel about this "shop" i thought everything was going to be cosmetic. Mounts, Strongholds, who knows what else is going to be added.. it's teetering on the edge of p2w.

I understand they need to make money, but i'm not sure how i feel about this "shop" i thought everything was going to be cosmetic. Mounts, Strongholds, who knows what else is going to be added.. it's teetering on the edge of p2w.

Not really. The strongholds are for the EK, not campaigns...and the mounts are purely cosmetic variants.

Really the only thing p2w is the ability to sell monthly VIP tickets, but that's just a small downside for curbing gold sellers, keeping the game funded, and allowing people who don't want to pay the monthly sub the ability to still get it. They haven't crossed the line yet.

I'd prefer a gonzo as a mount.

EDIT:

:blink:  the bears with the funny belly images are censored. Didn't even know that.

Poor little bears.

Edited by DFDelta

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

well I'm more interested in Palace, Citadels and such. But anyways I'm waiting 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Im more for whats a good value to the consumer, while still giving money to the devs...

Seeing how large EKs can be...you can fit a lot (I'll try to get numbers later this weekend) of keeps and castles around...so imagine about 15 lands, at $75 each, thats $1150, for below-average items...not to mention no idea if they are affected by taxes or not

To randomly guess fair prices (again, little information given, so these can change based on what they provide) 

Keeps ~ $40

Castles ~$70

Fortresses ~ $100

Citadels ~ $150

Palaces ~$200+

anything below keeps I don't think will be hard to acquire in game, so no prices are really needed

I am not sure, but I believe that they did specify during the kickstarter campaign that we would get the best prices for pledging early. And the pricing you listed doesn't seem to be right considering that people paid 1000s of $ for some of those buildings already. In any case I am not sure about the pricing, but I wouldn't know how some people will feel if these deals were better than kickstarter ones were.

I think the heavy price on those was  made to encourage people from upgrading to Sapphire if they are Amber, since you don't get that much benefit out if it.

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

I am not sure, but I believe that they did specify during the kickstarter campaign that we would get the best prices for pledging early. And the pricing you listed doesn't seem to be right considering that people paid 1000s of $ for some of those buildings already. In any case I am not sure about the pricing, but I wouldn't know how some people will feel if these deals were better than kickstarter ones were.

I thought the kickstarter ones were unique ones, plus you got lots of other items too...

even still, they were random number about based on the little information we have, so maybe it would be fair to others to increase them.

Still, I can't really see keeps being $75 dollars without some really good benefits...

MMOs I've Played:

There is too little information out there to justify such a price for me, but, I want CF to succeed and more money always helps and it seems to me that keeps and castles are the easiest way to sell for large amounts of money without providing a clear advantage.

To me, building up your land it the main form of progression that would entice me to keep playing, so even if I would find the price reasonable, I'd be paying to play less.