Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

New Strongholds in Store

*Checks prices for Star Citizen*

yeah, we're much cheaper than that.

I like that the prices are 'high' (as that is relative), this helps keep them 'special'.  So long as someone can upgrade their Keep in game, I'm all for buying to progress the Keep.

However, I think the Shop should have more Unique style Keeps.  No point in selling a small castle if it'll look like all the others (or the one you can build in game), even make them Shop only similar to the KS keeps.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I think this is mainly anchoring. So that you get a sense of the value in the KS packages. And are more excited to buy the KS packages and upgrade, or the non ks packages. Later they can adjust pricing down, and the perception of the value in the KS tiers/ packages will adjust to sort of... day one purchases with pre-order value.

Of course this could be a clever ruse to hoard them all for myself and these are insane prices to never be matched again.

Edited by Zomnivore

I think this is mainly anchoring. So that you get a sense of the value in the KS packages. And are more excited to buy the KS packages and upgrade, or the non ks packages. Later they can adjust pricing down, and the perception of the value in the KS tiers/ packages will adjust to sort of... day one purchases with pre-order value.

Of course this could be a clever ruse to hoard them all for myself and these are insane prices to never be matched again.

I believe not skewing the perceived value of upgrading a Kickstarter package is why Artcraft has only released the Keep in store at this point. This previously undisclosed tier of Stronghold progression further separates the Gold and Amber packages from the Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald, and the Fortress separates those packages from the Diamond and Bloodstone. Everyone who didn't purchase the top 2 tiers just fell at least a few rungs on the ladder from the top of the Eternal Kingdom rankings. Players are going to have the desire to "catch up"; until June that will probably be with a Kickstarter upgrade. I am impatiently waiting to see what the prices for the rest of the Stronghold Parcels will be along with the Resource Parcels and building improvements. 

Even though the Eternal Kingdoms arguably do not effect the main game in Crowfall, There will be plenty of players that want to compete in the non-transient social, political, economic, building side game. The upgrade and trade-in options will keep us busy at least until launch. I don't want to sound cynical to the community, but this will be quite an investment for players and guilds that want to appear at the top of the population/interest rankings. And, it will be a substantial income stream for Artcraft. That isn't a bad thing, they have to make money to continue, and the more money they have available, the more they can put into the game. 

I hope we get additional information on in-game resources and the resources necessary for Eternal Kingdom development soon so that we can better determine the complete costs and value of upgrading Eternal Kingdoms. Depending on the availability of resources, campaign duration, export rules and the materials necessary it may be months until any but the most basic Eternal Kingdoms are constructed. It may not even make sense to upgrade past a certain point unless players have an established guild committed to a plan and willing to invest the time and resources in improving their Eternal Kingdom. I think it will be a lot of fun even before the game launches to see how the large investors and most competitive guilds move forward.

My gut says that prices won't edge much down, but could go much higher.

That's just because EKs are an example of long term progression.

That being said...you want to actually make that mean something and earn it...unless you want  to start a guild straight up and host that EK experience and commit early.

I'd rather grind out my kingdom long term for myself, and be part of a guild EK that's really large.

So buying straight up isn't for me.

So that means that the people this is targeted at are probably pretty motivated to buy, or are a particular niche market and that would up pricing.

Edited by Zomnivore

Put prices high and let the income flow. I see no difference between these and Star Citizen. Just find a means for people to upgrade in game then make a note of it.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Put prices high and let the income flow. I see no difference between these and Star Citizen. Just find a means for people to upgrade in game then make a note of it.

I agree. You are not buying a ship castle, you are supporting the development of the game 8)

even captured POI's in campaigns will be sold in RMT markets

I'm not sure there'll be any significant amount of RMTing of in-campaign assets. There's a few squirrely outliers in any population of course, but I don't see it ever becoming a significant phenomenon. If you're selling a POI to a different faction, you're hurting your own chances of winning the campaign and thus risking your own export capabilities. Someone who's in the game for profit probably isn't going to give up his export. (Not to mention, if it comes to light that he sold a strategic resource to the enemy, there are social consequences too.) If you're selling to your own faction, you're not changing the balance of power in the world so there wouldn't be much of a buyer pool: it's a very vain and spendthrift player who would spend a lot of money to buy a POI that already belongs to his own side

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

hey guys, great thread, a few answers (that really need to be added to the FAQ, as if it isn't long enough already!)

- yes, naturally you can also buy these EK Stronghold parcels with in-game resources, 

- yes, naturally you can upgrade them with in-game resources, 

- the higher the "tier" of Stronghold parcel you want to buy, the more resources you will need

- the escalation (in both quantity and quality) of resources that you need for each tier has been designed to make EK building reliant on Campaign worlds.  

- some of the details were left purposefully fuzzy (like "building occupation, how many buildings can I drop in this particular parcel") because we need to leave some flexibility for game balance. I want to avoid the situation where anyone makes a purchase for RW dollars based on information that we have to change, to make the game work.  So, instead, we use generic terms like "high occupancy".  Players who need specifics before making a buying decision can (and should!) wait. Players who are cool with the high-level info and don't mind that we need to leave some flex can (and should ;p) buy them now.

Hope that helps,  Glad you like the system. 

I watched the video again and IMO, it seems like I tried to cover too much ground, too quickly.  I'm going to see if we can't do a series of short videos that cover individual topics (like 'what the heck is a parcel'?) ... and it doesn't help that the FAQ is a monster. ;p

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

- some of the details were left purposefully fuzzy

Is the "unlocking cells for parcel placement using Campaign resources (Materials)" feature also still undecided at the moment?

I'm curious about how much time it will take to build a big EK (50+ Cells), so I'd like to hear how fast you guys currently intend to have EK grow.  Will we be able to just buy 100+ Cells worth of Parcels from the cash shop and plop into 1 player's EK, or will there be some sort of limiting mechanic to avoid that?  Will the cost of Parcels in the cash shop be what limits players from just buying up a giant EK?

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

We got a lot of feedback from Guilds that they wanted to build together on a single Kingdom, from the beginning. For that reason, we moved away from an artificial "unlocking" mechanism on the cells -- instead, you just drop a parcel into a cell to change it from "wild" to useable space. That means a bunch of players can get together in the game, day one, and combine efforts to build a single Kingdom. You can get these parcels through the shop, or through use of in-game resources.

This does mean that a player could fill a sprawling (cosmetically impressive) kingdom day one, but it wouldn't really do anything.  And they would be severly limited in their ability to upgrade the buildings to MAKE the land do anything, without materials from the Campaign Worlds.  I'm not sure why anyone would do that, but it's certainly possible.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

We got a lot of feedback from Guilds that they wanted to build together on a single Kingdom, from the beginning. For that reason, we moved away from an artificial "unlocking" mechanism on the cells -- instead, you just drop a parcel into a cell to change it from "wild" to useable space. That means a bunch of players can get together in the game, day one, and combine efforts to build a single Kingdom. You can get these parcels through the shop, or through use of in-game resources.

This does mean that a player could fill a sprawling (cosmetically impressive) kingdom day one, but it wouldn't really do anything.  And they would be severly limited in their ability to upgrade the buildings to MAKE the land do anything, without materials from the Campaign Worlds.  I'm not sure why anyone would do that, but it's certainly possible.

Todd

This also pretty much confirms that people should not expect to have fully functioning EKs on Day 1 or even Day 31. Like most all MMO's it will take some time for all the player systems to get up and running. Crowfall should be no different, good design IMO.

Todd

If I understand well, players are not required anymore to obtain, from the campaigns, the resources to unlock land, drop parcels and build defensive structures, they can purchase all of this directly from the store, avoid campaigns and have a gigantic kingdom day one.

I hope it will not impact negatively on PvP experience.

But on day 1 there are no artifacts or relics to trade for.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

If I understand well, players are not required anymore to obtain, from the campaigns, the resources to unlock land, drop parcels and build defensive structures, they can purchase all of this directly from the store, avoid campaigns and have a gigantic kingdom day one.

I hope it will not impact negatively on PvP experience.

All upgrading of buildings needs resources from the campaigns. To build the more advanced buildings likely requires materials from the campaigns as well. Without upgrades, the EK is very limited in its ability to be affect the PvP experience even if you buy everything you can with $$.

But on day 1 there are no artifacts or relics to trade for.

True, so there's no PvP advantage on day 1. Campaigns last for 6 months though.

The impact on PvP I mentioned, I was thinking more about some players who just buy stuff from Store and stay in EK, not visiting campaign at all. It could just divide the players base in non-pvp in EK and pvp in campaigns. Not sure what are the possible implications of this though. 

All upgrading of buildings needs resources from the campaigns. To build the more advanced buildings likely requires materials from the campaigns as well. Without upgrades, the EK is very limited in its ability to be affect the PvP experience even if you buy everything you can with $$

Yes, upgrading will require resources. The resources can be exchanged to players for VIP tickets or other Store items though. So, as I said, what I fear is that the carabears stay all day all night in EK doing trade and crafting because it's just more profitable that way and they're not required at all to go in Campaign. So we would possibly have 2 games, one PvP (campaigns) and one PvE (EK) in Crowfall, where the PvE game can impact on PvP game via Thralls, Artifacts, Relics, Store items, etc.