Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

New Strongholds in Store

True, so there's no PvP advantage on day 1. Campaigns last for 6 months though.

The impact on PvP I mentioned, I was thinking more about some players who just buy stuff from Store and stay in EK, not visiting campaign at all. It could just divide the players base in non-pvp in EK and pvp in campaigns. Not sure what are the possible implications of this though. 

The impact is whales being able to whale away in their Ek and having no appreciable effect on the actual game outside increasing the demand for campaign materials, which in turn increases the value of winning campaigns.

I don't see a problem with that. It's a symbiotic system that doesn't hand meaningful advantage to the whales while allowing them to spend thousands of dollars and feel like they're accomplishing something they find important.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

The impact is whales being able to whale away in their Ek and having no appreciable effect on the actual game outside increasing the demand for campaign materials, which in turn increases the value of winning campaigns.

I don't see a problem with that. It's a symbiotic system that doesn't hand meaningful advantage to the whales while allowing them to spend thousands of dollars and feel like they're accomplishing something they find important.

Depends on ACE and the other partners (EU/other regions) I guess. If they keep buffs from Artifact and Relics near 1%, it's pretty low and has indeed no appreciable effect. If passive training bonus from Thralls is near 1%, same thing. If VIP tickets can't be exchanged for too much game time (resources collection) it's still ok for me.

A kingdom with no relics and no trade goods has zero PVP impact. A bunch of empty castles are meaningless.

That is true, as big as a guild hub you want to build. If your guild doesn't have enough influence in PvP zones, it is pointless to have a huge guild hub simply to a few of your friends.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

We got a lot of feedback from Guilds that they wanted to build together on a single Kingdom, from the beginning. For that reason, we moved away from an artificial "unlocking" mechanism on the cells -- instead, you just drop a parcel into a cell to change it from "wild" to useable space. That means a bunch of players can get together in the game, day one, and combine efforts to build a single Kingdom. You can get these parcels through the shop, or through use of in-game resources.

This does mean that a player could fill a sprawling (cosmetically impressive) kingdom day one, but it wouldn't really do anything.  And they would be severly limited in their ability to upgrade the buildings to MAKE the land do anything, without materials from the Campaign Worlds.  I'm not sure why anyone would do that, but it's certainly possible.

Todd

Looks?

Fun?

Bragging rights?

^^

Don't underestimated money throwing fans who want stuff first xD.

Even with zero benefits. And just some saveing on cosmetic looks. They might be able to save time in gathering things in campaigns ... a bit. If they ever leave their homes xD.

Yes, upgrading will require resources. The resources can be exchanged to players for VIP tickets or other Store items though. So, as I said, what I fear is that the carabears stay all day all night in EK doing trade and crafting because it's just more profitable that way and they're not required at all to go in Campaign. So we would possibly have 2 games, one PvP (campaigns) and one PvE (EK) in Crowfall, where the PvE game can impact on PvP game via Thralls, Artifacts, Relics, Store items, etc.

I want traders and crafters to be a separate and worthwhile playstyle, so that to me is a good thing. Being able to buy resources and thralls, artifacts, relics etc with real money through VIP tickets is not that bad if its effects on campaigns is heavily limited. This same system is used in EVE and WoW and is widely considered a good thing.

Looks?

Fun?

Bragging rights?

^^

Don't underestimated money throwing fans who want stuff first xD.

Even with zero benefits. And just some saveing on cosmetic looks. They might be able to save time in gathering things in campaigns ... a bit. If they ever leave their homes xD.

What?

Bragging rights over empty lands?

Looks over empty lands?

Fun over empty lands?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

hey guys, great thread, a few answers (that really need to be added to the FAQ, as if it isn't long enough already!)

- yes, naturally you can also buy these EK Stronghold parcels with in-game resources, 

- yes, naturally you can upgrade them with in-game resources, 

- the higher the "tier" of Stronghold parcel you want to buy, the more resources you will need

- the escalation (in both quantity and quality) of resources that you need for each tier has been designed to make EK building reliant on Campaign worlds.  

- some of the details were left purposefully fuzzy (like "building occupation, how many buildings can I drop in this particular parcel") because we need to leave some flexibility for game balance. I want to avoid the situation where anyone makes a purchase for RW dollars based on information that we have to change, to make the game work.  So, instead, we use generic terms like "high occupancy".  Players who need specifics before making a buying decision can (and should!) wait. Players who are cool with the high-level info and don't mind that we need to leave some flex can (and should ;p) buy them now.

Hope that helps,  Glad you like the system. 

I watched the video again and IMO, it seems like I tried to cover too much ground, too quickly.  I'm going to see if we can't do a series of short videos that cover individual topics (like 'what the heck is a parcel'?) ... and it doesn't help that the FAQ is a monster. ;p

Todd

ACE

Todd,

Can we get a clearer explanation on how the keeps currently for sale in the store compare to the ones given in our pledge packages? I believe one of the reasons some people are reluctant to pull the trigger is due to not knowing where it falls in line with the others, we have no base line to judge it from.

If, for instance, I have a small castle, how does that compare to the $115 Large Keep? I realize it allows us to expand our EK with more buldings/area, but is it a different type of footprint since it comes with courtyards in comparison to what we get as a pledge? Basically, are these upgrades for what we might already have or something that can have a completely different use?

I'm sure if these questions were already answered in some form or fashion, courant will use the paddle and scold me.

Thanks!

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

The progression is: Estate, Fortification, Keep, Castle, Fortress, Citadel and Palace. For each of these types, there is a small, medium and large version.  Each tier of the same type will fit within the same footprint

In general, keeps are better/larger than fortifications and castles are better/larger than keeps. A Large (i.e. fully upgraded) Keep probably has more usable area than a Small Castle, but the castle can be upgraded to a medium or large castle which will have more capacity than the large keep.

Gold and Amber backers get Fortifications, which will have less potential capacity than the Keeps. Sapphire and higher backers get Castles, which are bigger than keeps.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Not that it'd be absolutely necessary or anything, but maybe there could be a way for groups (guilds, mainly) of players to pool together to go in on a keep/stronghold purchase? $100 isn't so bad if 30 people are all paying a few bucks a piece on it.

I don't know how that'd be done without some kind of in-game currency that represents real-money (like GW2 gems, or EVE PLEX, I think it is?).

Just a thought, though.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

In general, keeps are better/larger than fortifications and castles are better/larger than keeps. A Large (i.e. fully upgraded) Keep probably has more usable area than a Small Castle, but the castle can be upgraded to a medium or large castle which will have more capacity than the large keep.

Gold and Amber backers get Fortifications, which will have less potential capacity than the Keeps. Sapphire and higher backers get Castles, which are bigger than keeps.

So these are upgrades that serve the same purpose as the type of building/footprint I already have from my KS bundle? Not a side grade or different type?

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

You can upgrade a small fort to a medium fort and then a large fort. Small, medium, and large forts all use the same cell footprint; the upgraded versions just have more usable plots, thrall slots, or whatever.

You cannot upgrade a fort to a keep or upgrade a keep to a castle. Forts, keeps, and castles all use different footprints. You may be able to trade in a fort plus resources to get a keep, but that system is not yet designed.

A castle is better than a keep of equal size. A medium keep is probably better than a small castle, except that it has less upgrade potential.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

You can upgrade a small fort to a medium fort and then a large fort. Small, medium, and large forts all use the same cell footprint; the upgraded versions just have more usable plots, thrall slots, or whatever.

You cannot upgrade a fort to a keep or upgrade a keep to a castle. Forts, keeps, and castles all use different footprints. You may be able to trade in a fort plus resources to get a keep, but that system is not yet designed.

A castle is better than a keep of equal size. A medium keep is probably better than a small castle, except that it has less upgrade potential.

I'll just take that as they all serve the same purpose. Thanks.

Put your paddle away courant, jihan beat you to it.

So these are upgrades that serve the same purpose as the type of building/footprint I already have from my KS bundle? Not a side grade or different type?

Frankly we do not know if the different types have exclusive qualities to their type, but insofar as we know, strongholds are defensive structures that can house buildings and a higher type and higher tier merely allows for more defensive capabilities and building tiles, so yes based on what we know I highly think they will serve the same purpose.

If your purchase hinges on the knowledge of what the different types, I recommend waiting until we know more.

Frankly we do not know if the different types have exclusive qualities to their type, but insofar as we know, strongholds are defensive structures that can house buildings and a higher type and higher tier merely allows for more defensive capabilities and building tiles, so yes based on what we know I highly think they will serve the same purpose.

If your purchase hinges on the knowledge of what the different types, I recommend waiting until we know more.

Defensive buildings... in safe zones...

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Defensive buildings... in safe zones...

You can allow PvP and destruction within EK if you want. Stronghold free-for-all tournament among your vassals, anyone?

I'll just take that as they all serve the same purpose. Thanks.

Put your paddle away courant, jihan beat you to it.

Yea well **** this, I've been looking for a post I thought existed but it looks like it doesn't. From what I recalled, a developer already talked about a possibility of EK vs. EK wars, but now I guess I just dreamed about it. In the eventuality the EK vs. EK was potentially a thing, I was about to answer that KS rewards fortifications are probably made from different materials than the Store Keep : wood, stones, etc. and that Castle could offer increased protection in comparison with Keep. So I'm writing all this just to make me feel like I haven't spent 2 hours skimming through devs posts in vain.

Yea well **** this, I've been looking for a post I thought existed but it looks like it doesn't. From what I recalled, a developer already talked about a possibility of EK vs. EK wars, but now I guess I just dreamed about it. In the eventuality the EK vs. EK was potentially a thing, I was about to answer that KS rewards fortifications are probably made from different materials than the Store Keep : wood, stones, etc. and that Castle could offer increased protection in comparison with Keep. So I'm writing all this just to make me feel like I haven't spent 2 hours skimming through devs posts in vain.

Here's a like so it doesn't feel in vain, buddy. I know you tried.

Ok finally I found it :

"31. Can I attack another Personal Kingdom?

We are working on a design that allows Kingdoms to War with each other.

This idea is still very rough, and we consider this a secondary system to the Campaigns – meaning that, even when engaged in a Kingdom War, players will still be reliant on Campaign participation in order to secure materials and rare reagents.

The basic outline of the Kingdom War system is:

The Monarch of one Kingdom challenges the Monarch of another. They must agree on the duration or victory condition (i.e. how do we determine a winner?) They must both ante up a prize (in materials, items or coin) that will be placed “in escrow”, meaning they can’t touch it unless they win.

Once the War starts, Vassals can travel between the two Kingdoms, and there is open PvP in both Worlds (i.e. no safe zones.) The siege mechanics are enabled on those Worlds, and the buildings are destructible. The War ends either when the pre-determined condition is met by one side, or when one Monarch surrenders. The winner gets the rewards that were set aside at the beginning.

NOTE: the details of this system are still being worked out. If this sounds interesting to you, we invite you to jump on the forums and join the discussion."

Edit : So if Kingdoms Wars are still planned for Crowfall, I guess stone fortification > wood fortification.

:D

Edited by courant101