Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

guineceans and falconry!

hyjaxxx

Ok...this seems like a really cool specialty to follow.albeit,a smidge dangerous given that we are their food source! But...guineceans are so intelligent...wouldnt they have similar abilities,just using a smaller breed of bird?

I mean how awesome would it be for our duelists to have a little sparrow hawk instead of the larger falcon? Do you think artcraft will give us this specialty,or will we be left out due to our small stature?

. thoughts?

Hyjaxx

Lets not play the same old game.

Lets turn Falconry into its own archetype and ignore the pitfalls of trying to shove too much into one class.

Falconry could be an interesting way to make  a very mobile character, with the birds picking up the Gopher, and droping it into the thick of things, as a sort of engagement skill.

Edited by Zomnivore

Lets not play the same old game.

Lets turn Falconry into its own archetype and ignore the pitfalls of trying to shove too much into one class.

Falconry could be an interesting way to make a very mobile character, with the birds picking up the Gopher, and droping it into the thick of things, as a sort of engagement skill.

Eh, I really don't see how falconry would warrant it's own archetype or even promotional class. It's clearly fit within the confines of a discipline.

Officer of The BlackHand Order

I dont feel it should be its own archetype . the dicipline seems to fit, giving all classes the ability to mess with pets and the such.

Im just completely in love with the idea of this class and things like falconry seem viable, i just hope we dont miss out on them because in RL we are a food source.

Think lord of the rings, with falcon-gopher sized stuff, and the animals picking up the gophers.

There's a way to make a pet class basically make the animal a character you care about, as much as the gopher.

If you want to put people to sleep you can make the falcon itself unimportant and replaceable, thats whats usually done. The falcon-gopher relationship can be much more in line with a jet pack in tribes, and an evocative movement system.

I think the concept is full-enough to make a full on new archetype.

The hunting-gathering aspect, with the falcon and gathering resources, as well as the way that semi-supporting role complements the duelist, in a sort of theme-way gives me a lot to like.

Edited by Zomnivore

Should be disabled on Guineceans for practical depth, but if they are gonna let archetypes in general ride natural predators, guess it won't matter...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Pfft. Natural predator? More like national past time.

People ride bulls, and bulls aren't too happy about it, why wouldn't the same translate to falcons, but you know...these are champions of the gods... They aren't your average gopher.

People have lions n tigers n bears course every now and again they get their curd stomped, but its done.

Edited by Zomnivore

People ride bulls for a few seconds in the confines of an arena with dozens of rescuers so they don't get killed, and still get injured and die occasionally.... So what?...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

would be pretty ironic. A guinea pig ridding an eagle. Oh boy... that image will be stuck in my mind.

To be honest I would prefer not to go that route. I mean centaurs - yes, humans - yes, guinea pigs - no.  

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

It would be interesting to see a group of Guinnies that have formed their own subculture.  An Eyass (falcon chick) and a Guinnie pup raised together to be a team from birth.  Best of friends, valuable allies and crazy effective on the battlefield.

http://www.twitch.tv/Waikikamukau Yes, it's Why-Kick-Uh-Moo-Cow / Twitter: @TheMukau

People ride bulls for a few seconds in the confines of an arena with dozens of rescuers so they don't get killed, and still get injured and die occasionally.... So what?...

Actually, those bulls are specially trained and goaded to be violent. You can train a bull to take a rider just like any other animal.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Actually, those bulls are specially trained and goaded to be violent. You can train a bull to take a rider just like any other animal.

You could specifically train a bull to be domestic you mean?, if you tried to ride a wild bull, he'd be similarly violent.

You don't see Buffalo being ridden around native america even though horses didn't arrive until Europeans introduced them...

81sGd.png

• 4 weeks later...

People also train bears, lions other dangerous stuff.

People also train falcons. People aren't exactly high on the strength chart, so the scales a bit different with gopher-falconry.

People seemingly tame dragons in fantasy, risky, high fatality rate occupation as it may be, if its valuable enough to do for the war, its done.

Gopher Falconry is no different.

I am a firm objector to Dragon Riding, I think its BS, for the same reasons I wouldn't prescribe to Falcon Riding.

Bear and Lion riding aren't exactly effective either, your lucky to get a completely domesticated predator to not kill you... training it to kill and not kill you... it's not a dog.

Quality fantasy comes from how much you withhold, not how much you share.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats acting like the falcon is literally a falcon. It just has to be similar enough. How different is a dog to a wolf? Maybe not a lot, but enough. I like the element of danger as a thematic choice, but it could be easily the other way. Its just a matter of whats desired.

Edited by Zomnivore